Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: (PRE-GAME) @Georgetown (CAP ONE), Wed. Jan. 8, 6:30p, FS-1 / 970 AM

(PRE-GAME) @Georgetown (CAP ONE), Wed. Jan. 8, 6:30p, FS-1 / 970 AM 2 months 3 weeks ago #371146

• SJU1512
  • Thank you received: 589
If Rutherford and Dunn bring the same on ball intensity they've brought the last few games, McClung is going to have to really work tonight. Even if he gets his, that sort of energy spend from lead guard can have big net benefit for Johnnies in any game, but particularly against short GTown rotation. Efforts against Mannion and to a lesser extent Baldwin are the script.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaseinyourface
The topic has been locked.

(PRE-GAME) @Georgetown (CAP ONE), Wed. Jan. 8, 6:30p, FS-1 / 970 AM 2 months 3 weeks ago #371147

• Duke of Earlington
  • Thank you received: 178
I am expecting a big game from the duke tonight. Im thinking 16 and 8 from the big fella. He needs big minutes in this important game.

(PRE-GAME) @Georgetown (CAP ONE), Wed. Jan. 8, 6:30p, FS-1 / 970 AM 2 months 3 weeks ago #371149

• bamafan
  • Thank you received: 2065

Duke of Earlington wrote: I am expecting a big game from the duke tonight. Im thinking 16 and 8 from the big fella. He needs big minutes in this important game.

Yes, we could use a big game from you tonight.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MJDinkins, AlexSTJ

(PRE-GAME) @Georgetown (CAP ONE), Wed. Jan. 8, 6:30p, FS-1 / 970 AM 2 months 3 weeks ago #371150

• MJDinkins
  • Thank you received: 2651

JackofVirginia wrote:

Enright wrote: Because of their depleted roster Georgetown is the perfect opponent for SJU. In addition to utilizing a pressure defense for the whole game SJU should adandon some of their three point attempts which have not been falling to taking the ball to the rim more often.
Georgetown will be playing to avoid getting into foul trouble which might create some easy penetration baskets.

It might behoove Ewnig to start playing a zone due to his short bench.

I saw him briefly go to zone against Providence or Seton Hall last week. I can't recall which game, but he did use it, albeit briefly. He's rather reluctant to abandon the style he wants to play even with the thin roster.

If Ewing decides he wants to play fast tonight, with a thin bench and all, then he'll be playing right into our hands.

(PRE-GAME) @Georgetown (CAP ONE), Wed. Jan. 8, 6:30p, FS-1 / 970 AM 2 months 3 weeks ago #371151

• MJDinkins

Beast of the East wrote: Familiar position for Johnnies - must win game in game 3. Getting out of the gates at 0-2, has dug a shallow hole for them. Yes, we were not favored in either game, but this is a winnable game tonight, and there will be much more enthusiasm heading into Saturday if they focus on business and break the ice here.

Yes, this is not supposed to be a big year, but CMA has already shown that even with a less than a loaded team, our guys can play with some pretty good squads and beat them.

Get a win tonight and I feel comfortable saying we'll be 2-2 in the Big East around 2pm on Saturday re: your enthusiasm for Saturday's game. That'll put us back to where most saw this team after four conference games.

Another thing.... Georgetown isn't quite protective of the basketball. I think we should be able to create our share of turnovers. We need to make 'em pay whenever we get the chance.
Last edit: by MJDinkins.

(PRE-GAME) @Georgetown (CAP ONE), Wed. Jan. 8, 6:30p, FS-1 / 970 AM 2 months 3 weeks ago #371152

• MCNPA
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 2171

MJDinkins wrote:

Beast of the East wrote: Familiar position for Johnnies - must win game in game 3. Getting out of the gates at 0-2, has dug a shallow hole for them. Yes, we were not favored in either game, but this is a winnable game tonight, and there will be much more enthusiasm heading into Saturday if they focus on business and break the ice here.

Yes, this is not supposed to be a big year, but CMA has already shown that even with a less than a loaded team, our guys can play with some pretty good squads and beat them.

Get a win tonight and I feel comfortable saying we'll be 2-2 in the Big East around 2pm on Saturday. That'll put us back to where most saw this team after four conference games.

Another thing.... Georgetown isn't quite protective of the basketball. I think we should be able to create our share of turnovers. We need to make 'em pay whenever we get the chance.

We gotta contain Yurtseven and we win this game. MacLing is solid but not amazing. Let’s get this...

(PRE-GAME) @Georgetown (CAP ONE), Wed. Jan. 8, 6:30p, FS-1 / 970 AM 2 months 3 weeks ago #371155

• Duke of Earlington

bamafan wrote:

Duke of Earlington wrote: I am expecting a big game from the duke tonight. Im thinking 16 and 8 from the big fella. He needs big minutes in this important game.

Yes, we could use a big game from you tonight.

I guarantee i could hit 2 or 3 threes. unlike the Johnnies, I can shoot :)

(PRE-GAME) @Georgetown (CAP ONE), Wed. Jan. 8, 6:30p, FS-1 / 970 AM 2 months 3 weeks ago #371156

• MJDinkins

MCNPA wrote:

MJDinkins wrote:

Get a win tonight and I feel comfortable saying we'll be 2-2 in the Big East around 2pm on Saturday. That'll put us back to where most saw this team after four conference games.

We gotta contain Yurtseven and we win this game. MacLing is solid but not amazing. Let’s get this...

We gotta quickly swarm him when he touches the ball down low. He's not exactly strong when facing a double-team. I could see us garnering some steals as he attempts to pass it out of a double-team.
Last edit: by MJDinkins.

(PRE-GAME) @Georgetown (CAP ONE), Wed. Jan. 8, 6:30p, FS-1 / 970 AM 2 months 3 weeks ago #371158

• Muse
  • Thank you received: 25
This is not intramurals

(PRE-GAME) @Georgetown (CAP ONE), Wed. Jan. 8, 6:30p, FS-1 / 970 AM 2 months 3 weeks ago #371159

• Duke of Earlington

Muse wrote: This is not intramurals

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA
Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight