Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: In Season Tidbits

In Season Tidbits 5 months 2 weeks ago #368023

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 18704

L J S A wrote: I very much doubt that he's soft. But even if he is, the worst we have is a backup big man with good hands who's been listed between 245 and 261 lbs.

My read is CMA & staff want his physicality, posting up, setting screens & not drifting to perimeter for jumpers too often. I have every confidence Ian gets that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: L J S A

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Paultzman.

In Season Tidbits 5 months 2 weeks ago #368024

• Paultzman
  • Away

In Season Tidbits 5 months 2 weeks ago #368082

• austour
  • Thank you received: 1005

Johnnie Drama wrote: Steere's father is a complete beast. Would be honestly shocked if he plays soft.

If he's anything like his dad he'll be suspended for PED's pretty soon. ;)

In Season Tidbits 5 months 2 weeks ago #368225

• Redman#13
  • Thank you received: 82
Was wondering if our emphasis on the Defensive end has hurt our shooting this year. It will be tough to beat better teams when the team is having awful shooting nights. Anyone know how have CMAs previous teams been shooting the ball

In Season Tidbits 5 months 2 weeks ago #368227

• MCNPA
  • Thank you received: 2408

Redman#13 wrote: Was wondering if our emphasis on the Defensive end has hurt our shooting this year. It will be tough to beat better teams when the team is having awful shooting nights. Anyone know how have CMAs previous teams been shooting the ball

Then again, Virginia does a pretty good job using defense to keep scores low almost every year. Defense and rebounding for second chance points can overcome some of those shooting slumps. We certainly need to hit more, but I feel we have guys that can score all over the court. Not a lot of pure shooters but we earn our points regardless it seems.

In Season Tidbits 5 months 2 weeks ago #368230

• BrooklynRed
  • Thank you received: 262

MCNPA wrote:

Redman#13 wrote: Was wondering if our emphasis on the Defensive end has hurt our shooting this year. It will be tough to beat better teams when the team is having awful shooting nights. Anyone know how have CMAs previous teams been shooting the ball

Then again, Virginia does a pretty good job using defense to keep scores low almost every year. Defense and rebounding for second chance points can overcome some of those shooting slumps. We certainly need to hit more, but I feel we have guys that can score all over the court. Not a lot of pure shooters but we earn our points regardless it seems.

Virginia also plays sloooow game. It is not only their defense that holds down opponents scoring, it is the offensive approach which runs down the clock--they are taking 50 shots a game. Our defense is based on chaos theory, trying to speed up the game and score off turnovers. We have a high risk, high reward approach which when it works it is great (held Albany scoreless for 11 minutes last night) but when it doesn't--oops the 15 minutes of what the hell.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redken, NCJohnnie

In Season Tidbits 5 months 2 weeks ago #368266

• Paultzman
  • Away
The following user(s) said Thank You: IDRAFT, gonzalo, capmaker, Amaseinyourface

In Season Tidbits 5 months 2 weeks ago #368271

• Section9
  • Thank you received: 557

Paultzman wrote: Warrior D’Lo will attend Butler game

Hope he gets a shout out, along with any other former players, from the PA announcer.

In Season Tidbits 5 months 2 weeks ago #368272

• redmannorth
  • Thank you received: 3365

Paultzman wrote: Warrior D’Lo will attend Butler game

He continues to be involved and a great fan of the program. A great young man who continues to find fortune in life.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, JohnnyFan, QueensBall

In Season Tidbits 5 months 2 weeks ago #368275

• Knight
  • Thank you received: 1612
I really tip my hat to D'Lo. He matured before our eyes and did what he needed to to correct his anger issues and bolt forward. Will always be a favorite of mine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Room112, BrooklynRed

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight