Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: In Season Tidbits

In Season Tidbits 2 months 1 week ago #367987

• Knight
  • Thank you received: 1446

redmen4life wrote:

Paultzman wrote: Forward Ian Steere is eligible to play his first game for St. John's Saturday against Arizona. Mike Anderson: "Ian is still like a freshman. He didn’t play much at NC State. ... In terms of what he birngs, he’s got size. I think he has to be more assertive using his size." #sjubb
Zach B

yikes. doesn't sound too promising.

sounds like a softy.

Classic undersell.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

In Season Tidbits 2 months 1 week ago #367990

• MCNPA
  • Thank you received: 2071

Knight wrote:

redmen4life wrote:

Paultzman wrote: Forward Ian Steere is eligible to play his first game for St. John's Saturday against Arizona. Mike Anderson: "Ian is still like a freshman. He didn’t play much at NC State. ... In terms of what he birngs, he’s got size. I think he has to be more assertive using his size." #sjubb
Zach B

sounds like a softy.

Classic undersell.

Sounds like Anderson is challenging Steere a bit there too before his first game. I’m not worried. He’s got skills. If he starts putting it together halfway through Big East play, he will be a big boon for us inside,. His five fouls are invaluable as we have seen when we have had to bench a guy like Roberts for two early fouls etc. looking forward to the addition.
The following user(s) said Thank You: James Ray Lamb

Last edit: by MCNPA.

In Season Tidbits 2 months 1 week ago #367991

• CMA TIME
  • Thank you received: 166

MCNPA wrote:

Knight wrote:

redmen4life wrote:

Zach B

sounds like a softy.

Classic undersell.

Sounds like Anderson is challenging Steere a bit there too before his first game. I’m not worried. He’s got skills. If he starts putting it together halfway through Big East play, he will be a big boon for us inside,. His five fouls are invaluable as we have seen when we have had to bench a guy like Roberts for two early fouls etc. looking forward to the addition.

Anderson gotta create a possessed freaking beast in Steere, rebound and dunk on opponents like an animal.

In Season Tidbits 2 months 1 week ago #368004

• Delaware
  • Thank you received: 261

Knight wrote:

redmen4life wrote:

Zach B

sounds like a softy.

Classic undersell.

Disappointing to hear, but hopefully correct on the undersell.

In Season Tidbits 2 months 1 week ago #368012

• L J S A
  • Thank you received: 2620
I very much doubt that he's soft. But even if he is, the worst we have is a backup big man with good hands who's been listed between 245 and 261 lbs.

In Season Tidbits 2 months 1 week ago #368015

• barbs20
  • Thank you received: 13
Think this is just MA possibly doing 2 things one is to motivate Steere since all he's probably heard since joining is he's the guy we've been missing can't let that get to his head. The other is possibly to temper expectations because the last thing this kid needs is to have a few bad games and have the entire fan base calling for his head saying he's not a BE player and waiting for him to transfer, calling him a bust, Etc.

In Season Tidbits 2 months 1 week ago #368017

• NCJohnnie
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 4177
Steere may just be one of those guys who thrives with some extra motivation. Reason I say that is I recall after preseason MA making a comment that Steere needed to improve his conditioning. Maybe I'm misremembering, but don't think so.

Last edit: by NCJohnnie.

In Season Tidbits 2 months 1 week ago #368018

• Johnnie Drama
  • Thank you received: 131
Steere's father is a complete beast. Would be honestly shocked if he plays soft.
Attachments:

Last edit: by Johnnie Drama.

In Season Tidbits 2 months 1 week ago #368020

• CMA TIME
  • Thank you received: 166

NCJohnnie wrote: Steere may just be one of those guys who thrives with some extra motivation. Reason I say that is I recall after preseason MA making a comment that Steere needed to improve his conditioning. Maybe I'm misremembering, but don't think so.

But why does anyone have to be motivated to play their first game anywhere.?
Me if i was good enough to play in div 1 college, as my first game approaches I'd be off the hook, wanted to make sure my first game wasn't a crappy game, i wouldn't be able to sleep.
Only place you'd find me is at gym.

I'll guess some need motivation though

In Season Tidbits 2 months 1 week ago #368022

• BrooklynRed
  • Thank you received: 204
Being more assertive with his size could be referencing that he needs to play more inside and also as a freshman, he needs to be able to use his size but not be a foul a minute player.
Fans need to back off expectations for Ian and let him grow into a contributing part of the team. He will be making mistakes at first--hopefully he grow into a competitive, team oriented player.
The following user(s) said Thank You: IDRAFT

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight