St. John's Tough Supporting Local Food Pantries cool t-shirt
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Around College Basketball 2019/20 Season

Around College Basketball 2019/20 Season 6 days 4 hours ago #387663

• redmen4life
  • Thank you received: 117
Creighton President on CNN right now, confirming that semester will end by Thanksgiving.

PPE will be provided to students...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, JackofVirginia, romiSJU

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Around College Basketball 2019/20 Season 6 days 4 hours ago #387664

• QueensBall
  • Thank you received: 404

Paultzman wrote: Beating Duke has its consequences :)

Stephen F. Austin will have multiple sports - including men’s basketball - serve a postseason ban due to falling under the APR threshold. Sources told @Stadium it was due to an administrative error in academic certification process. Men’s basketball will serve ban in 2021-22

Stephen F. Austin was 28-3 and 19-1 this past season under Kyle Keller, best-known for its win at Duke early in the season.

Jeff Goodman

They should know better. Gotta be at least Stephen C+ Austin if they want to be eligible.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RM86, Amaseinyourface

Around College Basketball 2019/20 Season 6 days 4 hours ago #387666

• redmen4life
  • Thank you received: 117

redmen4life wrote: Creighton President on CNN right now, confirming that semester will end by Thanksgiving.

sorry. just realized i posted this on wrong topic. mods please feel free to move

Around College Basketball 2019/20 Season 5 days 2 hours ago #387723

• Paultzman
  • Thank you received: 18550
Sources: The NCAA Division I Council voted to approve voluntary athletic activities in football, MBB and WBB to start June 1st and go through June 30th. There had been a moratorium on that through May 31st. Other sports will be acted on on a later date.

@Pete Thamel

Around College Basketball 2019/20 Season 5 days 2 hours ago #387726

• Paultzman
  • Thank you received: 18550
The vote this afternoon by the NCAA Division I Council marks a significant step – both symbolically and in process – for the possibility of college football and other sports returning in the fall.

Sources told Yahoo Sports that the Division I Council is expected to address sports other than football, men’s basketball and women’s basketball as soon as possible. That could take place within the next week.

The way one source described the process of returning to Yahoo Sports is that it will be more of a step than a leap. The ability for schools to have student athletes return will depend largely on their state and local government restrictions.

The availability and frequency of testing will be a big issue. There will be no NCAA mandate on required frequency of testing. It will be up to the schools and political decision-makers to develop protocols on the tests, which cost approximately $100 each. “No one wants to get into that,” said a source. “They want to leave it to your own campus and state.”

Athletes who’ve remained in their college towns will likely be the first ones to integrate in. Hypothetically, one athletic director said that means starting with 25 or 30 players in four separate groups amid a socially distanced weight room upon opening. From there, players will be added to the groups as they return to campus. In theory, as one source laid out, a full squad could be around and working out in groups in July.

Ohio State athletic director Gene Smith told reporters on a video call on Wednesday that there would be more than 10 players in the weight room at one time. It will begin with local players before expanding, as he set a potential return date of June 8.

The college football season is scheduled to begin with Week 0 on Aug. 29. When it actually starts and whether there will be fans in the stands remain looming questions.

But the NCAA Division I Council vote on Wednesday is the first step on a pathway back for college athletics.
sports.yahoo.com/sources-ncaa-division-i...une-1-195534765.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: jerseyshorejohnny

Around College Basketball 2019/20 Season 5 days 2 hours ago #387728

• MarkRedman
  • Thank you received: 1937

redmen4life wrote: Creighton President on CNN right now, confirming that semester will end by Thanksgiving.

Notre Dame is talking about starting the fall semester in August and ending before Thanksgiving. I just heard Jim Harbaugh say that the President of the University of Colorado is toying with giving students the option of going to classes on campus or doing online learning for the fall semester. Great idea if the logistics could be worked out for all concerned.

Shows that people are looking at creative ways to provide instruction and justify allowing sports to be played next year.

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight