Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Around College Basketball 2019/20 Season 1 week 19 hours ago #399819

• L J S A
  • Thank you received: 3354

Paultzman wrote: Not hoops, but SEC has a COVID challenge
for sure;
BREAKING: #Alabama statement: "Early this afternoon, we received notification that Coach Saban and (AD) Greg Byrne tested positive for COVID-19. Both immediately left the facility and went to their homes to self-isolate after receiving that information."

Lots of coaches are old, get little sleep, and eat like crap. Not exactly pictures of perfect health, and that's before Covid enters the equation. Hopefully we don't see anything tragic happen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tonyinfairfield , SJU85

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Around College Basketball 2019/20 Season 5 days 23 hours ago #399872

• Paultzman
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 20387
Goodman;

Kansas’ Silvio De Sousa has decided to opt out of the season and is leaving the Kansas program due to personal issues.
The following user(s) said Thank You: L J S A

Around College Basketball 2019/20 Season 5 days 22 hours ago #399873

• NCJohnnie
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 4975
Paultzman wrote: Goodman;

Kansas’ Silvio De Sousa has decided to opt out of the season and is leaving the Kansas program due to personal issues.

While Kansas program and Bill Self skate.... and the beat goes on.

Around College Basketball 2019/20 Season 5 days 1 hour ago #399897

• Paultzman
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 20387
Sources: Two Ivy League schools are highly unlikely to play men's hoops this year and it's possible the whole league won't play at all.

"I have a feeling it would be the whole league isn’t going to play," one Ivy League asst coach.

Multiple sources say @HarvardMBB won't play this year, and at least one other school is on the fence.

If there's 5-6 teams, the league would still play, sources said.
Adam Zagoria

Around College Basketball 2019/20 Season 4 days 17 hours ago #399903

• JohnnyFan
  • Thank you received: 2958

Paultzman wrote: Sources: Two Ivy League schools are highly unlikely to play men's hoops this i year and it's possible the whole league won't play at all.

"I have a feeling it would be the whole league isn’t going to play," one Ivy League asst coach.

Multiple sources say @HarvardMBB won't play this year, and at least one other school is on the fence.

Adam Zagoria

Virus is going in the wrong direction. I am afraid we may hear more of this.

Last edit: by JohnnyFan.

Around College Basketball 2019/20 Season 4 days 6 hours ago #399905

• SJUFAN2
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1394

JohnnyFan wrote:

Paultzman wrote: Sources: Two Ivy League schools are highly unlikely to play men's hoops this i year and it's possible the whole league won't play at all.

Adam Zagoria

Virus is going in the wrong direction. I afraid we may hear more of this.

Fear not! I've been told by several of my neighbors and co-workers that Covid will be gone entirely in a couple of weeks. They also told me that JFK Jr is alive and well, and that he was to make some earth shattering announcement yesterday when he revealed his tragic death in 1999 was a hoax.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tonyinfairfield , L J S A, JohnnyFan

Around College Basketball 2019/20 Season 4 days 6 hours ago #399906

• SJUFAN2
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1394

Paultzman wrote: Sources: Two Ivy League schools are highly unlikely to play men's hoops this year and it's possible the whole league won't play at all.

Adam Zagoria

Not a surprise really. Ivy hoops isn't a money maker for the league and their schools don't need the cash to survive.

Take money out of the equation and its not a hard decision to make if the epidemic is trending in the wrong direction in your area of the country.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, Paultzman, Tonyinfairfield , panther2, JohnnyFan

Around College Basketball 2019/20 Season 3 days 13 hours ago #399918

• L J S A
  • Thank you received: 3354
I'd prefer to see them play each other four times and not play any OOC schedule, as opposed to not playing at all.

Around College Basketball 2019/20 Season 3 days 9 hours ago #399919

• usguard
  • Thank you received: 339
I hate to see no college basketball but if teams decide to play what happens when a member of the team or coaching staff come down with covic than all the members are sidelineD until that member test neg. Would seem crazy to start the season when a vaccine is so close

Around College Basketball 2019/20 Season 3 days 9 hours ago #399921

• redmannorth
  • Thank you received: 3703

usguard wrote: I hate to see no college basketball but if teams decide to play what happens when a member of the team or coaching staff come down with covic than all the members are sidelineD until that member test neg. Would seem crazy to start the season when a vaccine is so close

Dear usguard sorry to burst your bubble but a vaccine is anything but so close. If by close you mean 6-12 months ok, I can accept that. But nothing is happening in the next few months.
The following user(s) said Thank You: austour, isham, fuchsia, Andrew, JohnnyFan, ron

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight