Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Around College Basketball 2019/20 Season

Around College Basketball 2019/20 Season 1 week 3 days ago #365859

• MCNPA
  • Thank you received: 1798
Their failures would be our successes. That said, they are a solid SELL rating right now. Boeheim coaching too long, no successor on the horizon, poor league geographically. Syracuse basketball is at a transition point for sure. They’ll have a tough time creating interest amongst fan base in the ACC, with a new coach and the growing pains. Most teams don’t strike gold with their coaching hires. We shall see...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Around College Basketball 2019/20 Season 1 week 3 days ago #365862

• redken
  • Thank you received: 981

fordham96 wrote: When do the calls for Jim Boeheim to step down start...at least a whisper campaign.

Let's not kid ourselves the last 5-6 years have been mediocre, even the Final 4 run in 2016 was a a fluke. I remember he was asked a question about how the program has seemingly fallen the last few years during the 2016-17 season and he bristled. He tried to argue the Final 4 run in 2016 was "better than the teams with Derrick Coleman and Sherman Douglas that won 26 and 30 in 1988 and 1989 because the Final 4 makes it so" Which was a crock. The program is not getting elite talent anymore.

Look at this run, it is downright mediocre. And now they are 4-4 this year and look quite frankly terrible.

They may live to regret not pushing him out a few years ago and giving the job to Hopkins. That is why he bolted for UW and I don't think he will come back.

2014–15 Syracuse 18–13 9–9 8th Ineligible
2015–16 Syracuse 19–9** 9–6** T–9th NCAA Division I Final Four
2016–17 Syracuse 19–15 10–8 T–7th NIT Second Round
2017–18 Syracuse 23–14 8–10 T–10th NCAA Division I Sweet 16
2018–19 Syracuse 20–14 10–8 T-7th NCAA Division I Round of 64
Syracuse: 946*–385 (.711)*** 394–237 (.624)

Three losses in a row after being beaten by Iowa. If I were a 'Cuse fan, I wouldn't be too optimistic about the program's future. Looks like it's losing (or maybe already lost) its buzz as a perennial power and in danger of being just another second-tier team in the ACC ... especially with Boeheim's inevitable departure on the horizon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MCNPA

Last edit: by redken.

Around College Basketball 2019/20 Season 1 week 2 days ago #365937

• Amaseinyourface
  • Thank you received: 1008
GMac assuming successor role? Surely not as seasoned as Hopkins but a name they could probably get behind. Wonder how attractive that job would be to ncaa coaches.

Around College Basketball 2019/20 Season 1 week 2 days ago #365939

• SJU61982
  • Thank you received: 964
Cluess was my choice, as most of you know, but it is looking more and more like we dodged a bullet. Remember, Lavin's health issues (which were totally legitimate), was something he, and the program under him, never really recovered from, from a basketball standpoint.

I hope Cluess gets well soon. We know his brothers all died young, so I hope he is OK.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Section3, Paultzman, SJU85, Moose, Class of 72, Knight

Around College Basketball 2019/20 Season 1 week 2 days ago #365940

• SJU61982
  • Thank you received: 964

Amaseinyourface wrote: GMac assuming successor role? Surely not as seasoned as Hopkins but a name they could probably get behind. Wonder how attractive that job would be to ncaa coaches.

The X factor could be the Carrier Dome. While playing in front of 60,000 in a dome kills football recruiting, basketball players see a 30,000 seat on campus arena, that comes close to selling out every game, and still manages to maintain a somewhat intimate setting (as intimate as 30,000 fans can be, anyway). That's an advantage they have over every single program in the country (except maybe Kentucky), and it's a totally legal one. They should milk it, for all it's worth.

Around College Basketball 2019/20 Season 1 week 2 days ago #365972

• NCJohnnie
  • Thank you received: 3770
#6 Ohio State vs. #7 North Carolina at 9:30 on ESPN tonight ought to be a great game to watch. Hope I can last past 11 pm lol.

Around College Basketball 2019/20 Season 1 week 2 days ago #365974

• L J S A
  • Thank you received: 2489

NCJohnnie wrote: #6 Ohio State vs. #7 North Carolina at 9:30 on ESPN tonight ought to be a great game to watch. Hope I can last past 11 pm lol.

Being on the West Coast is pretty awesome when it comes to catching games on TV.
The following user(s) said Thank You: QueensBall, NCJohnnie

Around College Basketball 2019/20 Season 1 week 2 days ago #365975

• NCJohnnie
  • Thank you received: 3770
LJSA wrote: Being on the West Coast is pretty awesome when it comes to catching games on TV.

I hear you. Only two sports I watch extensively are basketball & tennis. I've always thought it would be great to be on west coast during basketball season, not so good for Wimbledon & the French Open.
The following user(s) said Thank You: L J S A

Around College Basketball 2019/20 Season 1 week 2 days ago #365976

• austour
  • Thank you received: 879

L J S A wrote:

NCJohnnie wrote: #6 Ohio State vs. #7 North Carolina at 9:30 on ESPN tonight ought to be a great game to watch. Hope I can last past 11 pm lol.

Being on the West Coast is pretty awesome when it comes to catching games on TV.

Oh yeah, what about yesterdays? It was over before I left the office. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: L J S A

Around College Basketball 2019/20 Season 1 week 2 days ago #365997

• SJU85
  • SJU85's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 562

austour wrote:

L J S A wrote:

Oh yeah, what about yesterdays? It was over before I left the office. ;)

Dude, it was over before I left the office and I live in NY.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sjc88

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight