Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Around the Big East 19/20

Around the Big East 19/20 6 months 2 weeks ago #362579

• SJU61982
  • Thank you received: 1131
Monday, November 11th:

8:00 PM - DePaul (11.4%) at Iowa - FS1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Around the Big East 19/20 6 months 2 weeks ago #362586

• billthetruth
  • Thank you received: 275

usguard wrote: Glad they are doing the right thing if he misses 10 games so be it .He can not take any chances since he will I think be a high draft pick

He is at best a mid-2nd round pick. A 6'1 guard scoring big in college does not always translate well to the NBA where you are guarded by 6'6 guards that are more athletic and highly skilled. The NBA is the elite of the elite...ask Ponds what he thinks

You are WAY OVEREVALUATING Powell's pro potential. It would not surprise me if he goes undrafted like Ponds

Around the Big East 19/20 6 months 2 weeks ago #362587

• billthetruth
  • Thank you received: 275

billthetruth wrote:

usguard wrote: Glad they are doing the right thing if he misses 10 games so be it .He can not take any chances since he will I think be a high draft pick

He is at best a mid-2nd round pick. A 6'1 guard scoring big in college does not always translate well to the NBA where you are guarded by 6'6 guards that are more athletic and highly skilled. The NBA is the elite of the elite...ask Ponds what he thinks

You are WAY OVEREVALUATING Powell's pro potential. It would not surprise me if he goes undrafted like Ponds

And I am not the only person that feels that way.

www.nbadraft.net/nba-mock-drafts/

Around the Big East 19/20 6 months 2 weeks ago #362589

• SJU61982

billthetruth wrote:

billthetruth wrote:

And I am not the only person that feels that way.

www.nbadraft.net/nba-mock-drafts/

Which is why I was somewhat surprised that he decided to come back for his senior year. IMO, there's very little he can do to rise his stock, this year. I guess if he can carry them to a final four, like Kemba Walker (who took it all the way), it could help, but Powell is, and always will be, an undersized guard. That's a problem for NBA teams in general, especially since he's not Allen Iverson defensively.

Last edit: by SJU61982.

Around the Big East 19/20 6 months 2 weeks ago #362592

• Paultzman
  • Thank you received: 18592
“ I’ve heard a target return date for him is either Florida A&M on the 23rd or Oregon in the Battle 4 Atlantis.“

Last edit: by Paultzman.

Around the Big East 19/20 6 months 2 weeks ago #362593

• L J S A
  • Thank you received: 2874

SJU61982 wrote: Which is why I was somewhat surprised that he decided to come back for his senior year. IMO, there's very little he can do to rise his stock, this year.

Maybe he realized that and is doing it for the degree he'll need to have so he can coach immediately after returning to the states in 2033.

Around the Big East 19/20 6 months 2 weeks ago #362594

• Paultzman

Last edit: by Paultzman.

Around the Big East 19/20 6 months 2 weeks ago #362603

• Paultzman
Per SJU press release

QUEENS, N.Y. (Nov. 11, 2019) – After leading the St. John’s men’s basketball team to a pair of 30-point wins to open the season, Mustapha Heron has been named to the first BIG EAST Weekly Honor Roll of the year, it was announced on Monday morning by the league office.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joe, jerseyshorejohnny, Coaster, richard A Steinfeld, Knight, BrooklynRed

Around the Big East 19/20 6 months 2 weeks ago #362608

• Sju grad 13
  • Thank you received: 580

L J S A wrote:

SJU61982 wrote: Which is why I was somewhat surprised that he decided to come back for his senior year. IMO, there's very little he can do to rise his stock, this year.

Maybe he realized that and is doing it for the degree he'll need to have so he can coach immediately after returning to the states in 2033.

That’s the exact reason Mustapha came back.

Around the Big East 19/20 6 months 2 weeks ago #362610

• SJU61982

Sju grad 13 wrote:

L J S A wrote:

That’s the exact reason Mustapha came back.

That probably was part of the reason Heron came back, but I also think he wanted to get healthy, first and foremost.

That knee injury definitely limited him last year, but while it hurt the team down the stretch, it may have had a long-term benefit WRT this year.

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight