Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Around the Big East 19/20 7 months 4 weeks ago #363211

• MJDinkins
  • Thank you received: 2754

Mean Gene wrote:

Mike Zaun wrote: Georgetown looks terrible. Even when they're forcing several turnovers, they have no idea how to run a fast break. They almost always turn it over...overthrows, missing the guy, etc. That being said, watch Mac drop 30 on us when we play them. Half joking of course...

Seriously though, Ewing is not the answer. With this much size and talent, they have no clue what they are doing. Just as I type this another turnover with a bad pass. We may turn them over 30 times at this rate.

Hopefully, they have a second half like Marquette did last night. Akinjo and McClung need to take this game over.

Penn State's point guard play is horrible. If they even had decent PG play this game would be twenty point lead for Penn St.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Around the Big East 19/20 7 months 4 weeks ago #363212

• Moose
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 3860

Mean Gene wrote: This Yurtseven kid is weak for a guy his size. Getting his shots blocked in the first half, having rebounds ripped out of his hands.

Wait wait wait
A week ago posters were clamoring for a BIG like him
The following user(s) said Thank You: MJDinkins, IDRAFT

Around the Big East 19/20 7 months 4 weeks ago #363213

• Mike Zaun
  • Thank you received: 1287
G'Town looked like they could be a top 25 team coming into this season. Almost losing to Mount and now getting blasted by Penn State a low level B1G team....they are a mess. Maybe G'Town is the next UConn...former blue blood to come back down to earth and be nothing special anymore.

Around the Big East 19/20 7 months 4 weeks ago #363214

• Mike Zaun

Moose wrote:

Mean Gene wrote: This Yurtseven kid is weak for a guy his size. Getting his shots blocked in the first half, having rebounds ripped out of his hands.

Wait wait wait

He's by far the best player on the team. I'd still take him in a heartbeat. Great offensive arsenal and will definitely block and alter shots. More of a finesse big, but we could still use that.

Around the Big East 19/20 7 months 4 weeks ago #363216

• Mike Zaun
By the way, just had a thought. Watching PC and now G'Town I seriously thought to myself, "I wouldn't want to trade coaches". That's the only time I've thought that in my time as a SJ fan for the last near decade. I'm so used to being jealous and wondering why other programs find good ones. Still super early and Vermont game will tell us a lot more, but Anderson has been pressing all the right buttons thus far.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fred Solomon

Around the Big East 19/20 7 months 4 weeks ago #363217

• Porgyman
  • Thank you received: 208
What surprises me the most is the awful defense being played by Georgetown. There is no pressure on the ball, allowing Penn State guards to blow by them. Then, there is no rotation, so the PS players are waltzing to the rim.
This doesn’t look like a Hoya team.

Around the Big East 19/20 7 months 4 weeks ago #363219

• MJDinkins
  • Thank you received: 2754

Moose wrote:

Wait wait wait

I told folks he's a skilled player, but he's weak. My friend told me he was having trouble consistently finishing against smaller bigs in G'town's summer tour. He was having similar trouble against Mount St. Mary's smaller bigs last week.

Just continue to bang and be a menace to Yurtseven and he'll fold.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fred Solomon

Last edit: by MJDinkins.

Around the Big East 19/20 7 months 4 weeks ago #363223

• Mean Gene
  • Thank you received: 800

MJDinkins wrote:

Moose wrote:

Wait wait wait

I told folks he's a skilled player, but he's weak. My friend told me he was having trouble consistently finishing against smaller bigs in G'town's summer tour. He was having similar trouble against Mount St. Mary's smaller bigs last week.

Just continue to bang and be a menace to Yurtseven and he'll fold.

Exactly Dink. A guy as aggressive as Roberts has been will be able to limit him. Watkins on Penn St. blocked like three of his shots in the first half and other guys were just ripping rebounds out of his hands. Jesse Govan was much better.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MJDinkins

Around the Big East 19/20 7 months 4 weeks ago #363226

• MCNPA
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 2486
Yurtseven is talented but is really a finesse guy. Very, very skilled but not tough. He will get better though but isn’t really a banger.

FWIW, after watching these Gavitt games, I’m not sure SJU is as undermanned as we think. We have Dunn back now and will get Steere in a handful more games. I haven’t been blown away by most Big East teams I’ve watched thus far and I think SJU plays at a pace that will give headaches to a lot of teams out there.

When we are at full strength, and continue to improve, I think we really could cause some trouble in our league.
The following user(s) said Thank You: otis, MJDinkins, RedStormRising, Fred Solomon

Around the Big East 19/20 7 months 4 weeks ago #363227

• RedStormNC
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1514
The Hall - Mich. St. game has been great. Evenly matched.

Even if Hall loses, they prove they can hang.

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight