Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Around the Big East 19/20

Around the Big East 19/20 2 months 1 week ago #373827

• JohnnyFan
  • Thank you received: 2594

Paultzman wrote: Excellent article on development of SH’s Romaro Gill

nypost.com/2020/01/22/how-romaro-gill-gr...s-unstoppable-force/

Sounds like he was patient, worked hard and is now reaping the benefits. Also a great find by SHU assistant Grant Billmeier.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Around the Big East 19/20 2 months 1 week ago #373831

• MJDinkins
  • Thank you received: 2651
Xavier up early on G'town, 15-4. I thought this could potentially be a game where the Hoyas would struggle. Xavier has the size and athleticism to match up with Yurtseven and give him problems where G'town can't run their stuff through him and basically make the Hoyas perimeter-oriented.

So far, that looks to be the case.

Around the Big East 19/20 2 months 1 week ago #373845

• RedStormNC
  • Thank you received: 1389
Got hurt in game last night..

@JonRothstein
Butler's Christian David will miss the remainder of the 2019-20 season due to a torn ACL, per release. Was a key defender in the Bulldogs' rotation.

Around the Big East 19/20 2 months 1 week ago #373854

• Jack Williams
  • Thank you received: 1678
Seton Hall having a special season. If they keep this up they’ll likely be a 2-3 seed in the NCAA Tournament and set up for a deep run
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, romiSJU, JohnnyFan, AlexSTJ

Around the Big East 19/20 2 months 1 week ago #373856

• AlexSTJ
  • Thank you received: 230

Jack Williams wrote: Seton Hall having a special season. If they keep this up they’ll likely be a 2-3 seed in the NCAA Tournament and set up for a deep run

With all due respect to guys like Howard, Pritchard and Winston, Powell is THE guy I would want on my March team. Would not surprise me if he has a special run in the tournament. Dude has onions..
The following user(s) said Thank You: Section3, bamafan

Around the Big East 19/20 2 months 1 week ago #373857

• Ray Morgan
  • Thank you received: 926

AlexSTJ wrote:

Jack Williams wrote: Seton Hall having a special season. If they keep this up they’ll likely be a 2-3 seed in the NCAA Tournament and set up for a deep run

With all due respect to guys like Howard, Pritchard and Winston, Powell is THE guy I would want on my March team. Would not surprise me if he has a special run in the tournament. Dude has onions..

Powell is as tough a player as I have seen in a while. Skilled and a fierce competitor, and plays with a liot of confidence. Yet not even on the last NBA mock draft I looked at. Howard was at 44. Nico Mannion they have going early in the first round. Looks like the things that matter most to NBA GMs is youth, athleticism and a huge wingspan. I guess they think they can develop the skill later on.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AlexSTJ

Around the Big East 19/20 2 months 1 week ago #373858

• Adam
  • Adam's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1185
I know that a lot of people here dislike Hall, but personally I'd rather they win the Big East than Nova (yet again). I'm personally rooting for Hall to get a 1/2 seed. I think they have a really good shot at doing that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Section3, Paultzman, IDRAFT, JohnnyFan, NCJohnnie

Around the Big East 19/20 2 months 1 week ago #373860

• SJU61982
  • Thank you received: 1113
I guess things even out. Providence has looked more impressive in their recent losses to Seton Hall and Creighton, then they were in building up that 4-1 Big East start.

Then again, they were underdogs in these two game, and Ed Cooley's teams usually play better as the underdog.

Around the Big East 19/20 2 months 1 week ago #373865

• Mike Zaun
  • Thank you received: 1214
No doubt Powell is a great player. He is everything we wished Ponds would've been and more. No games off...the bigger the moment, the better he played. Very consistent scorer. His jump shot doesn't disappear some games. That being said, it will be really really interesting to see how SHU does without him. They've relied heavily on him for 4 years and I don't see anyone else guard wise anywhere near as dominant and consistent. This is why I think Willard has been overrated a bit. Remember how this all started...with him getting Whitehead through shady means then the success all came from that. If SHU can still be a very good team even after Powell then I'll be very impressed but not expecting it. We must remember that Seton Hall is our direct rival geographically. If we want to own the NYC metro area, we need to be better than Rutgers and Seton Hall.

Around the Big East 19/20 2 months 1 week ago #373866

• Amaseinyourface
  • Thank you received: 1205

Mike Zaun wrote: No doubt Powell is a great player. He is everything we wished Ponds would've been and more. No games off...the bigger the moment, the better he played. Very consistent scorer. His jump shot doesn't disappear some games. That being said, it will be really really interesting to see how SHU does without him. They've relied heavily on him for 4 years and I don't see anyone else guard wise anywhere near as dominant and consistent. This is why I think Willard has been overrated a bit. Remember how this all started...with him getting Whitehead through shady means then the success all came from that. If SHU can still be a very good team even after Powell then I'll be very impressed but not expecting it. We must remember that Seton Hall is our direct rival geographically. If we want to own the NYC metro area, we need to be better than Rutgers and Seton Hall.

Goalpost, Moved.
The following user(s) said Thank You: austour, Paultzman, Jack Williams

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight