Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Around the Big East 19/20 7 months 4 weeks ago #363196

• sjc88
  • Thank you received: 879

Jnaw17 wrote:

sjc88 wrote:

Section9 wrote:

Porgyman wrote: And Nova loses by 25. Lots of young pieces that Wright will need to acclimate to the college game.

They'll light it up against us.:ohmy:

In fairness, both Nova and Providence tend to improve as the season goes along. That is a direct correlation to the coaching. Jay Wright and Ed Cooley do a great job figuring things out and making it work. I am hoping that we have someone similar in Coach Anderson.

Very true, but I have to say there wasn’t much to like about Nova at all last night. Not even sure they should be ranked after that performance. They have no pg play, and no bigs were establishing themselves inside. They were strictly jump shooting, and clearly that wasn’t even working.

Now, Gillespie was wearing a face guard, so I’m sure that affected his play. Jay has his work cut out for him, and given his track record, you’d fully expect him to get them revved up soon. But last night they played a very ugly brand of basketball for the full 40 minutes. Just never got anything going.

Totally agree. Wright has his work cut out for him. However, would you bet against him? Not like they don’t have a lot of talent. Something tells me come March they will be a tough out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jnaw17

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Around the Big East 19/20 7 months 4 weeks ago #363198

• Section3
  • Thank you received: 616

RM86 wrote:

Class of 72 wrote: Nova thoroughly outclassed and exposed Big time.

The guards didn't do anything.

Gillespie is overrated and is, at best, a 6th man.

Around the Big East 19/20 7 months 4 weeks ago #363199

• Paultzman
  • Thank you received: 19193

Section3 wrote:

RM86 wrote:

Class of 72 wrote: Nova thoroughly outclassed and exposed Big time.

The guards didn't do anything.

Gillespie is overrated and is, at best, a 6th man.

And can’t defend

Around the Big East 19/20 7 months 4 weeks ago #363200

• Section3
  • Thank you received: 616

RM86 wrote:

Paultzman wrote: UConn loses to St Joseph’s at home 96-87

The building was empty. I wonder how good a coach Hurley really is? He can get players but can he coach them up.

I think jury is out on him. Until now, he has been afforded more deference than justified by his results.

Around the Big East 19/20 7 months 4 weeks ago #363202

• sjc88
  • Thank you received: 879
Wow Penn State has come out firing up over Gtown 16-5. 4 steals on top of that.

Around the Big East 19/20 7 months 4 weeks ago #363204

• Mean Gene
  • Thank you received: 800

sjc88 wrote: Wow Penn State has come out firing up over Gtown 16-5. 4 steals on top of that.

The only Big East that came to play right from the start was DePaul vs Iowa. Every other Big East team has looked overmatched at the start.

Around the Big East 19/20 7 months 4 weeks ago #363205

• Mean Gene

sjc88 wrote: Wow Penn State has come out firing up over Gtown 16-5. 4 steals on top of that.

The only Big East that came to play right from the start was DePaul vs Iowa. Every other Big East team has looked overmatched at the start.

Around the Big East 19/20 7 months 4 weeks ago #363206

• Mike Zaun
  • Thank you received: 1287
Georgetown looks terrible. Even when they're forcing several turnovers, they have no idea how to run a fast break. They almost always turn it over...overthrows, missing the guy, etc. That being said, watch Mac drop 30 on us when we play them. Half joking of course...

Seriously though, Ewing is not the answer. With this much size and talent, they have no clue what they are doing. Just as I type this another turnover with a bad pass. We may turn them over 30 times at this rate.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sjc88

Last edit: by Mike Zaun.

Around the Big East 19/20 7 months 4 weeks ago #363208

• Mean Gene

Mike Zaun wrote: Georgetown looks terrible. Even when they're forcing several turnovers, they have no idea how to run a fast break. They almost always turn it over...overthrows, missing the guy, etc. That being said, watch Mac drop 30 on us when we play them. Half joking of course...

Seriously though, Ewing is not the answer. With this much size and talent, they have no clue what they are doing. Just as I type this another turnover with a bad pass. We may turn them over 30 times at this rate.

Hopefully, they have a second half like Marquette did last night. Akinjo and McClung need to take this game over.

Around the Big East 19/20 7 months 4 weeks ago #363210

• Mean Gene
This Yurtseven kid is weak for a guy his size. Getting his shots blocked in the first half, having rebounds ripped out of his hands.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Porgyman, Mike Zaun

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight