Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Around the Big East 19/20 8 months 2 weeks ago #372044

  • panther2
  • panther2's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 1017
  • Thank you received: 2820

Class of 72 wrote:

RedStormNC wrote: Mullin at halftime on FS1 analysis of Providence early game poor play

"Games like this are what got me here " (in studio vs. still coaching)

Also referenced how it was like his Year 1 games/team


THIS is the job he should have taken 5 years ago. Much easier to analyze than strategize as was evident with his coaching.
Wish him the best but Mullin apologist FUN and his man servant Marrilic have had a tough adjustment. Just like fake news CNN they fabricate a positive past and a doubtful future.
Here's a an analysis of Heron by Marillac:

"Heron was a top 25 recruit who played well enough to be named second team all-SEC as both a freshman and a sophomore and then played well enough with injuries as a junior to named to the preseason All-Big East second team.
Anderson doesn’t know how to use him. He belongs in a structured system and Anderson can only coach chaos.
LJ is half the player he was last year as well
."

LMFAO! Heron belongs in a structured system? Mullin didn't have any system but an unstructured 5 out and no defense. He didn't score more than 10 points in the most important last games of last season and scored ZERO points in his big last game. Figgy wasn't much better.

Heron will not be the last 5 star player to hit the brick wall by shooting bricks. Lacking focus and purpose is the usual culprit in players like Figgy and Heron. Brooklyn hard baller has it with half their talent. Coach Anderson needs to bring it out. Mullin never was going to get close to developing either player.





WOW 72, you are really getting judgmental regarding LJ and Heron. Lacking focus and purpose. Always helpful to get the opinion of a long distance Clinical Psychologist .

Have a nice day.
The following user(s) said Thank You: shamsman2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Around the Big East 19/20 8 months 2 weeks ago #372048

  • Knight
  • Knight's Avatar
  • Away
  • Posts: 6034
  • Thank you received: 1743
Babe Ruth, arguably the greatest baseball player of all time, struck out 1,330 times. Let's give these kids some space to grow, develop, and improve.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, Tonyinfairfield , fuchsia, panther2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Around the Big East 19/20 8 months 2 weeks ago #372065

  • fuchsia
  • fuchsia's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 1787
  • Thank you received: 555
The correlation between shooting percentage and character has never been established.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redken, simplyred, panther2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Around the Big East 19/20 8 months 2 weeks ago #372085

  • Class of 72
  • Class of 72's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 8317
  • Thank you received: 3615

panther2 wrote:

Class of 72 wrote:

RedStormNC wrote: Mullin at halftime on FS1 analysis of Providence early game poor play

"Games like this are what got me here " (in studio vs. still coaching)

Also referenced how it was like his Year 1 games/team


THIS is the job he should have taken 5 years ago. Much easier to analyze than strategize as was evident with his coaching.
Wish him the best but Mullin apologist FUN and his man servant Marrilic have had a tough adjustment. Just like fake news CNN they fabricate a positive past and a doubtful future.
Here's a an analysis of Heron by Marillac:

"Heron was a top 25 recruit who played well enough to be named second team all-SEC as both a freshman and a sophomore and then played well enough with injuries as a junior to named to the preseason All-Big East second team.
Anderson doesn’t know how to use him. He belongs in a structured system and Anderson can only coach chaos.
LJ is half the player he was last year as well
."

LMFAO! Heron belongs in a structured system? Mullin didn't have any system but an unstructured 5 out and no defense. He didn't score more than 10 points in the most important last games of last season and scored ZERO points in his big last game. Figgy wasn't much better.

Heron will not be the last 5 star player to hit the brick wall by shooting bricks. Lacking focus and purpose is the usual culprit in players like Figgy and Heron. Brooklyn hard baller has it with half their talent. Coach Anderson needs to bring it out. Mullin never was going to get close to developing either player.





WOW 72, you are really getting judgmental regarding LJ and Heron. Lacking focus and purpose. Always helpful to get the opinion of a long distance Clinical Psychologist .

Have a nice day.


Where did you and Dr. Fuchsia see long distance psychology in my comment? Like CNN let's not create just part of the story. I'm sure you observe players during games as much as anyone here. If you think Mustapha has been razor focused during games God bless but up until this DePaul game he has been anything but sharp in passing, defense or shot selection. He's a talented player who is playing much below his and our expectations. As for purpose please be reminded that both of these players are the most senior of our players who should be playing determined basketball to achieve a win using good judgment while on the court. Aa many other psychologists here seem to think Mustapha hasn't shown the stuff needed. Some even called for his benching which I do not. Both these men in their early 20's don't have the luxury to grow this season any longer. Their goal was professional ball. Based on the past 17 games there is zero chance of that happening in the continental US. So, my friend, in a basketball and not a psychological sense, what I pointed to is what some scouts may also see and that is talented players playing below the level of a Dunn who has the determination and toughness that the aforementioned have lacked and that is what many of you will be trying to analyze after the season is over.
I know you and Fuschia like to reminisce about your clinical experience but I'm pretty sure you are smart enough to observe player decision making, facial expression, on floor leadership and know that one's mental approach to the game is as important as his physical abilities or talent.
All characters and events depicted in this post are entirely fictitious. Any similarity to actual events or persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Class of 72.

Around the Big East 19/20 8 months 2 weeks ago #372087

  • Class of 72
  • Class of 72's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 8317
  • Thank you received: 3615

fuchsia wrote: The correlation between shooting percentage and character has never been established.


You are welcomed to initiate a study but I suggest you first read something very basic before you do.


www.usab.com:443/youth/news/2011/06/10-t...x#.XhuIteEedOE.email
All characters and events depicted in this post are entirely fictitious. Any similarity to actual events or persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Around the Big East 19/20 8 months 2 weeks ago #372094

  • redmaninalbany
  • redmaninalbany's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 1221
  • Thank you received: 154
I think that link provided an article with a few good suggestions. I passed it on to my son who is coaching an AAU team of local high school age students.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Around the Big East 19/20 8 months 2 weeks ago #372097

  • Class of 72
  • Class of 72's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 8317
  • Thank you received: 3615

redmaninalbany wrote: I think that link provided an article with a few good suggestions. I passed it on to my son who is coaching an AAU team of local high school age students.


You are welcome!
Article is old news and great fans like Panther and Fuschia should have known better than just misinterpreting my comments. It was the "focus" from this basic text that I was referring to:

"Your body is controlled by your mind. Controlling your mind through thought is called focus.

Peak performance requires focus. You must have very specific purpose and intent. Simplify that purpose to the smallest variable possible, and that becomes your focal point. You don’t need to think, but you do need to focus! Pure focus equals maximum performance!"
All characters and events depicted in this post are entirely fictitious. Any similarity to actual events or persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Around the Big East 19/20 8 months 2 weeks ago #372115

  • Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 27210
  • Thank you received: 20179
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Around the Big East 19/20 8 months 2 weeks ago #372122

  • SLYFOXX1968
  • SLYFOXX1968's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 971
  • Thank you received: 584

Paultzman wrote:

. A look at the current BE standings shows why the next 2 games are almost must Win criteria ... Certainly don’t want to be 1-5 by next Saturday night . 3-3 puts us Mid Pack in BE and in position to reach the desired 9-9 by March . It’s
Going to be a tough task to beat both , the Friars and the Pirates in a 3 day period .. Figgy and Heron need to go for a cumulative 35 points in both contests if we have a chance . It’s amazing that Cooley has his Friars at 3-1 at this point considering how poorly they played in November and December . It would help our cause if Heron and Figgy could drain 6 or 7 3’s between them . You kind of need numbers in that vicinity these days to stand a chance at winning .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Around the Big East 19/20 8 months 2 weeks ago #372124

  • Mike Zaun
  • Mike Zaun's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 2650
  • Thank you received: 1386
I still think our 3 PT shooting will be the nail in our coffin this year, but in this conference you just never know. Seton Hall and PC are both beatable. Everyone is beatable. We almost took down Butler, we beat WVU which is a legit top 10 team now, and nothing seems to make sense. This would be a nice season to take full advantage of the chaos, but we will see. 1-3 does not bode well at the same time and we always struggle mightily in conference play. I'd feel a lot better with a real big to replace Steere who is obviously overmatched and 2-3 real shooters. I'm way more worried about SHU because we have no shooting stroke. That forces us inside if we have any chance to win and they have like 3 guys around or over 7 ft. Will be getting blocked and altered shots left and right. I'd drive right at them and get them in foul trouble though.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SLYFOXX1968

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Mike Zaun.
Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight