Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Around the Big East 19/20

Around the Big East 19/20 4 months 3 weeks ago #371723

  • RedStormNC
  • RedStormNC's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 2452
  • Thank you received: 1483
Mullin at halftime on FS1 analysis of Providence early game poor play

"Games like this are what got me here " (in studio vs. still coaching)

Also referenced how it was like his Year 1 games/team

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by RedStormNC.

Around the Big East 19/20 4 months 3 weeks ago #371970

  • Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 26481
  • Thank you received: 18704
Nice 12 point win on road for Creighton over Xavier
The following user(s) said Thank You: MarkRedman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Around the Big East 19/20 4 months 3 weeks ago #371972

  • MarkRedman
  • MarkRedman's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 4142
  • Thank you received: 1962

Paultzman wrote: Nice 12 point win on road for Creighton over Xavier


McDermott is an underrated coach
His teams are always competitive
This was career win number 500 for McDermott as a head coach
Congrats, Coach!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, Room112, Paultzman, Amaseinyourface, JohnnyFan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Around the Big East 19/20 4 months 3 weeks ago #371979

  • Amaseinyourface
  • Amaseinyourface's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 3802
  • Thank you received: 1239

MarkRedman wrote:

Paultzman wrote: Nice 12 point win on road for Creighton over Xavier


McDermott is an underrated coach
His teams are always competitive
This was career win number 500 for McDermott as a head coach
Congrats, Coach!!


Offensively he’s really second to none.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, JohnnyFan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Around the Big East 19/20 4 months 3 weeks ago #371988

  • Amaseinyourface
  • Amaseinyourface's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 3802
  • Thank you received: 1239
Seton Hall to me looks like a potential final four team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Around the Big East 19/20 4 months 3 weeks ago #372010

  • Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 26481
  • Thank you received: 18704
SCHOOL W-L PCT. W-L PCT.
Seton Hall 4-0 1.000 12-4 0.750
Butler 3-0 1.000 15-1 0.938
Villanova 3-1 0.750 12-3 0.800
Providence 3-1 0.750 10-7 0.588
Creighton 2-2 0.500 13-4 0.765
St. John's 1-3 0.250 12-5 0.706
Xavier 1-3 0.250 12-5 0.706
Marquette 1-3 0.250 11-5 0.688
Georgetown 1-3 0.250 11-6 0.647
DePaul 0-3 0.000 12-4 0.750

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Around the Big East 19/20 4 months 3 weeks ago #372015

  • Class of 72
  • Class of 72's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 8115
  • Thank you received: 3485

Paultzman wrote: SCHOOL W-L PCT. W-L PCT.
Seton Hall 4-0 1.000 12-4 0.750
Butler 3-0 1.000 15-1 0.938
Villanova 3-1 0.750 12-3 0.800
Providence 3-1 0.750 10-7 0.588
Creighton 2-2 0.500 13-4 0.765
St. John's 1-3 0.250 12-5 0.706
Xavier 1-3 0.250 12-5 0.706
Marquette 1-3 0.250 11-5 0.688
Georgetown 1-3 0.250 11-6 0.647
DePaul 0-3 0.000 12-4 0.750


A now we start to cannibalize each other. Unparalleled basketball balance.
We are 12-5 and should be proud of the effort Coach Anderson demands from these under talented players. UNC with McDonald's AA is 8-8. Virginia just lost to a .500 Syracuse. Can't wait to get a stud or two on this team. They will be fun to watch.
All characters and events depicted in this post are entirely fictitious. Any similarity to actual events or persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Section3, Room112, Paultzman, bamafan, JohnnyFan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Around the Big East 19/20 4 months 3 weeks ago #372022

  • redmannorth
  • redmannorth's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 4080
  • Thank you received: 3365

Class of 72 wrote:

Paultzman wrote: SCHOOL W-L PCT. W-L PCT.
Seton Hall 4-0 1.000 12-4 0.750
Butler 3-0 1.000 15-1 0.938
Villanova 3-1 0.750 12-3 0.800
Providence 3-1 0.750 10-7 0.588
Creighton 2-2 0.500 13-4 0.765
St. John's 1-3 0.250 12-5 0.706
Xavier 1-3 0.250 12-5 0.706
Marquette 1-3 0.250 11-5 0.688
Georgetown 1-3 0.250 11-6 0.647
DePaul 0-3 0.000 12-4 0.750


A now we start to cannibalize each other. Unparalleled basketball balance.
We are 12-5 and should be proud of the effort Coach Anderson demands from these under talented players. UNC with McDonald's AA is 8-8. Virginia just lost to a .500 Syracuse. Can't wait to get a stud or two on this team. They will be fun to watch.


Agree with 72 that I am super proud of the effort that these under talented players put forth night after night. This should have been an experienced team but Keita, Dixon, Wright all hit the highway after sitting out a year and from where we sit now it looks like Steere might join that group. Out of 5 transfers over the prior 2 seasons only David C is playing and contributing. Dunn is a CMA transfer and just continues to improve. 37 points and 17 boards over his last 2 games. No one would have ever predicted that. Another kid who has really overachieved under the new staff, and best of all he is a local kid which will bring positive attention in recruiting circles. Dunn and Champagnie made Brooklyn proud today.
As for studs I just don’t think that is CMA’s model. Increasing the talent absolutely but I don’t see him putting effort in the 5 star players right now as he is constructing a system and culture. Playing intense D, sharing the ball, playing a team défense, those seem to be the attributes he values. Perhaps after a few very successful seasons he may go after that type of player as his stock will be known and valued locally.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Room112, gonzalo, Class of 72, bamafan, RedStormNC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Around the Big East 19/20 4 months 3 weeks ago #372023

  • Class of 72
  • Class of 72's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 8115
  • Thank you received: 3485

RedStormNC wrote: Mullin at halftime on FS1 analysis of Providence early game poor play

"Games like this are what got me here " (in studio vs. still coaching)

Also referenced how it was like his Year 1 games/team


THIS is the job he should have taken 5 years ago. Much easier to analyze than strategize as was evident with his coaching.
Wish him the best but Mullin apologist FUN and his man servant Marrilic have had a tough adjustment. Just like fake news CNN they fabricate a positive past and a doubtful future.
Here's a an analysis of Heron by Marillac:

"Heron was a top 25 recruit who played well enough to be named second team all-SEC as both a freshman and a sophomore and then played well enough with injuries as a junior to named to the preseason All-Big East second team.
Anderson doesn’t know how to use him. He belongs in a structured system and Anderson can only coach chaos.
LJ is half the player he was last year as well
."

LMFAO! Heron belongs in a structured system? Mullin didn't have any system but an unstructured 5 out and no defense. He didn't score more than 10 points in the most important last games of last season and scored ZERO points in his big last game. Figgy wasn't much better.

Heron will not be the last 5 star player to hit the brick wall by shooting bricks. Lacking focus and purpose is the usual culprit in players like Figgy and Heron. Brooklyn hard baller has it with half their talent. Coach Anderson needs to bring it out. Mullin never was going to get close to developing either player.
All characters and events depicted in this post are entirely fictitious. Any similarity to actual events or persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: bamafan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Around the Big East 19/20 4 months 3 weeks ago #372024

  • bamafan
  • bamafan's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 6530
  • Thank you received: 2169
72 back to bringing the wood...even at his age! ;) :) Nice to see,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight