Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Around the Big East 19/20

Around the Big East 19/20 1 month 1 week ago #371512

  • fuchsia
  • fuchsia's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 1510
  • Thank you received: 286

SJU61982 wrote:

Mike Zaun wrote:

SJU61982 wrote:

AlexSTJ wrote: I thought Seton Hall and Providence were done for during the non conference? Both are now 3-0 and tied for first in the Big East.


With Powell back, Seton Hall is at close to full strength, really for the first time all year.

Providence got a gift from the schedule makers, and to their credit, they've run with it. Remember, McClung didn't play for Georgetown, against Providence. That made a huge difference, IMO.


When have we ever gotten a gift from schedule makers? Have we ever? Next year watch us play on the road 5/6 of the first games.


Well, no, because we can't play ourselves. But remember, the intent was that Butler was not going to be a very good team this year, we all thought that was going to be a favorable first game. Can't put that on the schedule makers.

Plus, we're very beholden to MSG WRT when we can play there. I was watching a soccer game on ESPN3 this fall, and they had Cragg on at halftime. He said that The Garden provides the Big East with the dates we can play there, and the Big East schedules accordingly. We play 6 Big East games there this year, so they give the league about 9 or 10 possible dates. It's hard to get what you want, when doing that.

I'm almost at the point where I'm ready to dump both CA and MSG in a few years, and play all of our games at the new facility at Belmont (which would stink for me - much harder for me to get to then either of our homes now - but it might be best for all involved). At least there, we would only have the Islanders to deal with. At MSG, we're #4 at best, behind the Knicks, Rangers, and Billy Joel. Then you have to factor things in like the Rodeo, the Dog Show, and Big 10 Super Saturday, all of which take place during our season.


Would using either domed stadium (Arthur Ashe or Louis Armstrong) at the Tennis Center with both LIRR and 7 train service, be better for you?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Around the Big East 19/20 1 month 1 week ago #371513

  • SJU61982
  • SJU61982's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 4521
  • Thank you received: 1077

fuchsia wrote:

SJU61982 wrote:

Mike Zaun wrote:

SJU61982 wrote:

AlexSTJ wrote: I thought Seton Hall and Providence were done for during the non conference? Both are now 3-0 and tied for first in the Big East.


With Powell back, Seton Hall is at close to full strength, really for the first time all year.

Providence got a gift from the schedule makers, and to their credit, they've run with it. Remember, McClung didn't play for Georgetown, against Providence. That made a huge difference, IMO.


When have we ever gotten a gift from schedule makers? Have we ever? Next year watch us play on the road 5/6 of the first games.


Well, no, because we can't play ourselves. But remember, the intent was that Butler was not going to be a very good team this year, we all thought that was going to be a favorable first game. Can't put that on the schedule makers.

Plus, we're very beholden to MSG WRT when we can play there. I was watching a soccer game on ESPN3 this fall, and they had Cragg on at halftime. He said that The Garden provides the Big East with the dates we can play there, and the Big East schedules accordingly. We play 6 Big East games there this year, so they give the league about 9 or 10 possible dates. It's hard to get what you want, when doing that.

I'm almost at the point where I'm ready to dump both CA and MSG in a few years, and play all of our games at the new facility at Belmont (which would stink for me - much harder for me to get to then either of our homes now - but it might be best for all involved). At least there, we would only have the Islanders to deal with. At MSG, we're #4 at best, behind the Knicks, Rangers, and Billy Joel. Then you have to factor things in like the Rodeo, the Dog Show, and Big 10 Super Saturday, all of which take place during our season.


Would using either domed stadium (Arthur Ashe or Louis Armstrong) at the Tennis Center with both LIRR and 7 train service, be better for you?


Much more so, yes, but that wouldn't be best for the program, IMO.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Around the Big East 19/20 1 month 1 week ago #371514

  • Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 25303
  • Thank you received: 16949
Per Zach B
Fox announces Chris Mullin will be on studio show this weekend for Big East games. Heard he could have same role for Big East Tournament as well. #sjubb
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaseinyourface

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Around the Big East 19/20 1 month 1 week ago #371517

  • SJU61982
  • SJU61982's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 4521
  • Thank you received: 1077

Paultzman wrote: Per Zach B
Fox announces Chris Mullin will be on studio show this weekend for Big East games. Heard he could have same role for Big East Tournament as well. #sjubb


Incentive to go to the game on Saturday, now!

Unfortunately, I backed out of attending the Big East Tournament this year, due to our poor record, and other costly commitments, down the road.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Around the Big East 19/20 1 month 1 week ago #371527

  • austour
  • austour's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 5502
  • Thank you received: 929

SJU61982 wrote: Incentive to go to the game on Saturday, now!

.


So you don't have to see him on TV?
The following user(s) said Thank You: bamafan, AlexSTJ

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Around the Big East 19/20 1 month 1 week ago #371532

  • SJU61982
  • SJU61982's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 4521
  • Thank you received: 1077

austour wrote:

SJU61982 wrote: Incentive to go to the game on Saturday, now!

.


So you don't have to see him on TV?

Yes. I just want to make sure he's not another bitter SJU coach holding a grudge on TV, before watching him. I'm sure I'll get reports on here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: austour

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Around the Big East 19/20 1 month 1 week ago #371554

  • Las Vegan
  • Las Vegan's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 660
  • Thank you received: 233

SJU61982 wrote:

austour wrote:

SJU61982 wrote: Incentive to go to the game on Saturday, now!

.


So you don't have to see him on TV?

Yes. I just want to make sure he's not another bitter SJU coach holding a grudge on TV, before watching him. I'm sure I'll get reports on here.


We potentially could someday have a TV halftime crew of Fran, Lavin and Mullin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Room112

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Around the Big East 19/20 1 month 1 week ago #371556

  • BrookJersey Redmen
  • BrookJersey Redmen's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 916
  • Thank you received: 132
Add Jarvis and we have an all time (not) favorite quartet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Around the Big East 19/20 1 month 1 week ago #371558

  • AlexSTJ
  • AlexSTJ's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 551
  • Thank you received: 212

Las Vegan wrote:

SJU61982 wrote:

austour wrote:

SJU61982 wrote: Incentive to go to the game on Saturday, now!

.


So you don't have to see him on TV?

Yes. I just want to make sure he's not another bitter SJU coach holding a grudge on TV, before watching him. I'm sure I'll get reports on here.


We potentially could someday have a TV halftime crew of Fran, Lavin and Mullin.


I can think of 8 million plus reasons why he should hold no grudge.

Mullin is the worst coach in the history of SJU basketball, but he was likely the highest paid (Barring CMA).
The following user(s) said Thank You: ron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Around the Big East 19/20 1 month 1 week ago #371566

  • TheSummit
  • TheSummit's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 98
  • Thank you received: 33
Seems like a long time ago, but Norm Roberts was our worst coach.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight