Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Around the Big East 19/20

Around the Big East 19/20 4 months 3 weeks ago #371107

• MCNPA
  • Thank you received: 2408

Mike Zaun wrote: PC really annoys me this year. They crap the bed in OOC and now dragging other teams down with them. Now they're 3-0. Why can't we ever start well? It's such an odd thing that we start exactly the same way every year. I think I've asked this before but didn't notice any response...does any other Big East team start off conference play with like 80% of their games on the road? Why can't we start some years with 3 straight at home or something? I feel like it kills us.

This year we just aren’t a very talented team overall. We have been playing above our talent level this season in my opinion. We gotta learn to make shots somewhere along the way but I still think that this season thus far is about as good as we can expect for the talent we do have. We are in every game and it’s been coming down to making shots. Nobody is out coaching us etc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmanwest, Mike Zaun

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Around the Big East 19/20 4 months 3 weeks ago #371108

• Paultzman
  • Thank you received: 18704

Mike Zaun wrote: PC really annoys me this year. They crap the bed in OOC and now dragging other teams down with them. Now they're 3-0. Why can't we ever start well? It's such an odd thing that we start exactly the same way every year. I think I've asked this before but didn't notice any response...does any other Big East team start off conference play with like 80% of their games on the road? Why can't we start some years with 3 straight at home or something? I feel like it kills us.

PC had 2 of 3 on road & won. If we held on v Butler we would be 1-1 and feeling good about playing GT on road. & then get DP at home. The Butler comeback was great, but not closing out a five point lead was the killer knowing next two were on the road. The schedule evens out and is not the issue.To me, you need to hold serve at home as much as possible & grab a few road wins. Tonight is good chance to do that v thin GT at a venue that is not exactly Cameron Indoor. Make shots, beat DP at MSG & you are back on serve.

There are always scheduling oddities with arena availability, etc. Instead of grousing about schedules, just suck it up, play better and grab some tough wins. Poor shooting now is the issue & maybe law of averages kicks in. If we lose to GT we only have ourselves to blame. They certainly have their challenges with short bench and loss of some key guys.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Porgyman, Coaster, Delaware, capmaker, bamafan, NCJohnnie

Around the Big East 19/20 4 months 3 weeks ago #371113

• sjc88
  • Thank you received: 877
I have to say I am not surprised by Providence beating Marquette. Early on some here were counting out Providence. The fact is like him or not Cooley is a good coach. He finds what works for his team and motivates them. They are not the most talented team but he will get the most from his guys. They will be tough to play. Don’t sleep on them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Coaster, Delaware, bamafan

Around the Big East 19/20 4 months 3 weeks ago #371118

• Mike Zaun
  • Thank you received: 1248
It just gets old pretty fast when it seems like the last 5 years we've started out 0-3, 0-5, 0-10 or whatever. Someone should do the research and see how we've fared through our first 5 games every season in conference play. Probably something like 5-20.

Last edit: by Mike Zaun.

Around the Big East 19/20 4 months 3 weeks ago #371120

• Duke of Earlington
  • Thank you received: 235

Mike Zaun wrote: It just gets old pretty fast when it seems like the last 5 years we've started out 0-3, 0-5, 0-10 or whatever. Someone should do the research and see how we've fared through our first 5 games every season in conference play. Probably something like 5-20.

We are getting one tonight and getting one on Sat against Depaul. Have a little faith brother.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mike Zaun

Around the Big East 19/20 4 months 3 weeks ago #371121

• Paultzman
  • Thank you received: 18704
“Now that Georgetown has more scholarships to work with following the transfers of Myron Gardner, Josh Leblanc, James Akinjo and Galen Alexander, expect for the Hoyas to be one of the more active programs along the recruiting trail in the months ahead.

On the high school side, Patrick Ewing was in to see Kobe Clark over the weekend; the Hoyas just offered a few weeks ago. Clark is one of the more discussed names this winter thanks to his versatility. Also, the Hoyas have remained a threat for four-star Canadian Matthew Alexander-Moncrieffe and could push for enrollment of Lynn Greer.

The Roman Catholic standout is planning on taking a prep year in the fall but the Hoyas could bring him in for an official visit this spring and entice Greer enough with a wide-open backcourt for him remain in the 2020 class and enroll in the fall.

Georgetown should also be a viable threat for a number of transfers this spring. Furthermore, they have been one of the more talked about landing spots for Makhi and Makhel Mitchell, one-time Rivals150 prospects that have decided to transfer from Maryland.“

basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/wed...n-kuminga-b-j-boston

Around the Big East 19/20 4 months 3 weeks ago #371407

• SJU61982
  • Thank you received: 1133
Maybe keeping it within single digits at Xavier over the weekend, wasn't that much of an accomplishment, after all. Seton Hall up 13 at Xavier, but it's early.

As an aside, former Nebraska coach Tim Miles is doing color for this game. Is it me, or does he sound like a woman? Nothing wrong with that, just a random observation.

Around the Big East 19/20 4 months 3 weeks ago #371417

• MJDinkins
  • Thank you received: 2723

SJU61982 wrote: Maybe keeping it within single digits at Xavier over the weekend, wasn't that much of an accomplishment, after all. Seton Hall up 13 at Xavier, but it's early.

As an aside, former Nebraska coach Tim Miles is doing color for this game. Is it me, or does he sound like a woman? Nothing wrong with that, just a random observation.

I just tuned into the game and immediately thought it was a woman.

Around the Big East 19/20 4 months 3 weeks ago #371453

• Jack Williams
  • Thank you received: 1752
Seton Hall hitting the stride many thought they would.

Their one “bad” loss Rutgers is on a 6 game winning streak and has their first chance to dance in a long long time.

Credit Willard and those guys
The following user(s) said Thank You: bamafan

Around the Big East 19/20 4 months 3 weeks ago #371459

• SJU61982
  • Thank you received: 1133

MJDinkins wrote:

SJU61982 wrote: Maybe keeping it within single digits at Xavier over the weekend, wasn't that much of an accomplishment, after all. Seton Hall up 13 at Xavier, but it's early.

I just tuned into the game and immediately thought it was a woman.

I actually first noticed it last night, when he was doing the Providence-Marquette game. There was a lady doing play-by-play (I don't remember who it was), and it sounded like an all-female broadcast, but I knew it couldn't be, because that would have gotten some ink.

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight