Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Rasheem Dunn Waiver Denied

Rasheem Dunn Waiver Denied 2 days 14 hours ago #362556

• Sju2420
  • Thank you received: 1
Idk man, Vermont is always game. They are a good team and can be an issue for high majors

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rasheem Dunn Waiver Denied 2 days 14 hours ago #362559

• MCNPA
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1613
Vermont is a solid enough team where the more depth and talent we have, the better. They have some talent this year and aren’t a slouch. They made the tourney last year and have talent back. I’m not saying they’re Duke but would still much rather have Dunn back. If we get a game under his belt before the Vermont game id be even happier but I’m getting greedy.

Rasheem Dunn Waiver Denied 2 days 14 hours ago #362560

• QueensBall
  • Thank you received: 180
Yes they're in the America East but Vermont was the landslide, unanimous pick by the coaches to win the conference and they return conference-player of the year Anthony Lamb. He averaged 21+ points while shooting over 50% from the field and he's a handful. He's shot really poorly in the first two games and they're still winning on the road which says something about the rest of the team. They return most of a group that almost beat #4 seed Florida State in the first round last year. A much better showing than us and they return more minutes than we do. We'll probably be underdogs at home to them.

I love the enthusiasm and confidence. I am also hopeful that we can beat them (especially at home) but to take them for granted or not treat them like a major step up in competition would be a mistake. They even got a couple of votes in the AP Top 25. That being said I hope we run them out of the gym.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bamafan, Chicago Days

Rasheem Dunn Waiver Denied 2 days 13 hours ago #362561

• NCJohnnie
  • Thank you received: 3621
Vermont would be a great win, but I'm not looking past New Hampshire yet. One at a time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sjc88, Adam, QueensBall, BrooklynRed

Rasheem Dunn Waiver Denied 2 days 13 hours ago #362563

• gman
  • Thank you received: 669

Mike wrote:

MCNPA wrote:

Paultzman wrote: Sense SJ expects to hear something early next week. Of course we’ll see.

I was hoping to get him beck before Vermont but If he’s getting cleared, beggars can’t be choosers. Sounds promising.

I don’t get all of this Vermont talk, they are in the friggin American East. I would certainly hope we can beat them without Dunn, if we can’t then we might not beat Albany without Dunn. Vermont should be a win with or without Dunn.

27-7, NCAA team returning 4/5 starters...

Rasheem Dunn Waiver Denied 2 days 13 hours ago #362564

• Andrew
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 874
UMBC plays in the America East and they beat #1 seed Virginia two years ago.

Rasheem Dunn Waiver Denied 2 days 12 hours ago #362566

• Jnaw17
  • Thank you received: 42

QueensBall wrote: Yes they're in the America East but Vermont was the landslide, unanimous pick by the coaches to win the conference and they return conference-player of the year Anthony Lamb. He averaged 21+ points while shooting over 50% from the field and he's a handful. He's shot really poorly in the first two games and they're still winning on the road which says something about the rest of the team. They return most of a group that almost beat #4 seed Florida State in the first round last year. A much better showing than us and they return more minutes than we do. We'll probably be underdogs at home to them.

I love the enthusiasm and confidence. I am also hopeful that we can beat them (especially at home) but to take them for granted or not treat them like a major step up in competition would be a mistake. They even got a couple of votes in the AP Top 25. That being said I hope we run them out of the gym.

Good team, but not great. And no we will not be underdogs at home to them. Good Lord.
The following user(s) said Thank You: IDRAFT

Rasheem Dunn Waiver Denied 1 day 23 hours ago #362583

• Mike
  • Thank you received: 194

gman wrote:

Mike wrote:

MCNPA wrote:

Paultzman wrote: Sense SJ expects to hear something early next week. Of course we’ll see.

I was hoping to get him beck before Vermont but If he’s getting cleared, beggars can’t be choosers. Sounds promising.

I don’t get all of this Vermont talk, they are in the friggin American East. I would certainly hope we can beat them without Dunn, if we can’t then we might not beat Albany without Dunn. Vermont should be a win with or without Dunn.

27-7, NCAA team returning 4/5 starters...

I agree they are a good team and anyone can beat and even surprise any team on any given night. If we don’t have Dunn I still expect to beat them and no we won’t win by 30. Now I will say we need Dunn back for Mohegan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: IDRAFT

Rasheem Dunn Waiver Denied 1 day 16 hours ago #362622

• Paultzman
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 14897
Alabama point guard Jahvon Quinerly was denied his appeal from the NCAA Committee for Legislative Relief. Was hoping to play immediately after transferring from Villanova.
Jeff Borzello

Last edit: by Paultzman.

Rasheem Dunn Waiver Denied 1 day 16 hours ago #362624

• L J S A
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 2406

Paultzman wrote: Alabama point guard Jahvon Quinerly was denied his appeal from the NCAA Committee for Legislative Relief. Was hoping to play immediately after transferring from Villanova.
Jeff Borzello

If he had won his appeal you may as well just make every transfer immediately eligible from here on out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, Paultzman, JohnnyFan, BrooklynRed

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight