Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: ESPN CMA Article

ESPN CMA Article 1 week 1 day ago #359637

• oldschool Redmen
  • Thank you received: 634

Jack Williams wrote:

L J S A wrote: Maybe I missed seeing it here, but Goodman had a douchey response to the article.

He did, however, say in another tweet that he heard CMA was working his ass off.

He has some sort of problem with SJU and the fans. I have a problem with how it looks like he has cement in his mouth when he tries to speak

Jack he talks like he has a.....oh heck nm, gotta keep it g rated.
I just laugh at that pos. Cma is a head coach whose team will be hosting games at msg.
What is he doing? He just a nobody.
So keep sweating sju.
Punk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by oldschool Redmen.

ESPN CMA Article 1 week 1 day ago #359639

• otis
  • Thank you received: 969
Good article; thanks for posting.

Coach Anderson is the first legit mens college basketball coach that StJohn's hired since it hired Mike Jarvis way- way back in 1998. The hiring process for men's basketball coaches has not put a whole lot of importance on hiring experience.

In 2004 StJohn's President "Suits" Harrington even talked about eliminating the men's basketball program after he canned Jarvis. Thereafter Harrington hired Norm Roberts, who had no D1 head coaching experience. When Suits terminated Roberts he hired media personality Steve Lavin who had been out of coaching for 7 seasons after he had been fired from his only D1 head coaching job. After Lavin was terminated President Bobby G again trivialized the importance of coaching experience when in 2015 he hired sweetheart Chris Mullin, who also lacked any coaching experience. Mullen went on to register a 4 season Big East record of 20 wins and 57 losses (being a winning percent of just 27%).

So hell yes, it is refreshing to watch Coach Mike Anderson, an experience professional take over the coaching duties, assemble a solid staff, and display a strong work ethic at our beloved StJohn's.

Time will tell how successful Coach Anderson will be at StJohn's but it sure is easy to take a liking to him.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, SJUNC, redken, MCNPA, Chicago Days

Last edit: by otis.

ESPN CMA Article 1 week 1 day ago #359643

• otis
  • Thank you received: 969

Last edit: by otis.

ESPN CMA Article 1 week 23 hours ago #359666

• sjc88
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 524
Nice article. Interesting that the “face” of the program now is Coach MA. However, the man with the “keys” is AD Mike Cragg.
I think he is the right man for the job. I have real confidence for the first time in a long time we have a professional working on our side. This rebuild is going to take time. Make no mistake. Of course, we have been in rebuild for 25 years or so. That makes thing tougher as even the patience of the most ardent supporters gets pushed to the limit with every misstep. I think Cragg himself will be very patient. He knows he needs to give Coach MA time to get the program headed in the right direction. I can’t speak for fans other than myself but I would like to think within 3 years we are going to be in a much better place.

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight