Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: SJU Tip-Off Event

SJU Tip-Off Event 4 weeks 2 days ago #360318

• usguard
  • Thank you received: 253
Yankees just had one of the worse at bat for the top of the first. Like I said they look at a lot of strikes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

SJU Tip-Off Event 4 weeks 2 days ago #360320

• NCJohnnie
  • Thank you received: 3639
Logen wrote:
NCJohnnie wrote: I think we will have good defenders at guard and wing. While LJ may well play the role of a point forward, we will need guys who are comfortable bringing the ball up against the pressure that we will undoubtedly face. That should not be LJ or Mustapha imho.

Why not? If they are the only ones who can do it they should but I don’t think for a second that will be the case. You guys are seriously “Chicken Littling” it before we have even played a game.

Sorry to be a "Chicken Little" but if LJ &/or Heron have to be our main scorers, offense initiators and the guys who bring the ball up against the press, it will be a very long year for them and the team imho, especially since neither of them have had to be top notch ball handlers to date. But what do I know?
The following user(s) said Thank You: redken

Last edit: by NCJohnnie.

SJU Tip-Off Event 4 weeks 2 days ago #360322

• Logen
  • Thank you received: 1480

NCJohnnie wrote: Logen wrote:
NCJohnnie wrote: I think we will have good defenders at guard and wing. While LJ may well play the role of a point forward, we will need guys who are comfortable bringing the ball up against the pressure that we will undoubtedly face. That should not be LJ or Mustapha imho.

Why not? If they are the only ones who can do it they should but I don’t think for a second that will be the case. You guys are seriously “Chicken Littling” it before we have even played a game.

Sorry to be a "Chicken Little" but if LJ &/or Heron have to be our main scorers, offense initiators and the guys who bring the ball up against the press, it will be a very long year for them and the team imho, especially since neither of them have had to be top notch ball handlers to date. But what do I know?

All I am saying is I would give all this wild speculation more credence if you guys at least waited until we have played a game, until you have had a glimpse of the team on the court. Novel idea I know but hey, what do I know?
The following user(s) said Thank You: NCJohnnie

SJU Tip-Off Event 4 weeks 2 days ago #360323

• NCJohnnie
  • Thank you received: 3639
LOGEN wrote: All I am saying is I would give all this wild speculation more credence if you guys at least waited until we have played a game, until you have had a glimpse of the team on the court. Novel idea I know but hey, what do I know?

Fair enough.

SJU Tip-Off Event 4 weeks 1 day ago #360373

• Class of 72
  • Thank you received: 3136
It was a very well run event. I really liked the coach T entrance. Cool guy. We have lovely twins on the team this year.
The men will go as far as F&H will take them but Dunn, Roberts and Sears looked Big East ready. Not so much everyone else. Steere needs some fire in his belly. Williams and Caraher need to be better scorers. Earlington needs to play inside the 3 point line. The contributions of the last 3 will be important both for the team and their future at St. John's. The freshman Julian C will be a fan favorite along with Sears, a.k.a. Lover Boy.
BTW, is he really in love?
All characters and events depicted in this post are entirely fictitious. Any similarity to actual events or persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: redken

SJU Tip-Off Event 4 weeks 1 day ago #360375

• mjmaherjr
  • Thank you received: 3844

Class of 72 wrote: It was a very well run event. I really liked the coach T entrance. Cool guy. We have lovely twins on the team this year.
The men will go as far as F&H will take them but Dunn, Roberts and Sears looked Big East ready. Not so much everyone else. Steere needs some fire in his belly. Williams and Caraher need to be better scorers. Earlington needs to play inside the 3 point line. The contributions of the last 3 will be important both for the team and their future at St. John's. The freshman Julian C will be a fan favorite along with Sears, a.k.a. Lover Boy.

What did you like about Julians Game ?

SJU Tip-Off Event 4 weeks 1 day ago #360382

• Class of 72
  • Thank you received: 3136

mjmaherjr wrote:

Class of 72 wrote: It was a very well run event. I really liked the coach T entrance. Cool guy. We have lovely twins on the team this year.

He's the son of a former SJ soccer player player from Brooklyn. That would be enough but he has length, quickness and a soft touch who can grow tremendously as a 4 year player.
All characters and events depicted in this post are entirely fictitious. Any similarity to actual events or persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, mjmaherjr, gonzalo

SJU Tip-Off Event 4 weeks 1 day ago #360383

• Moose
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 3066

Class of 72 wrote:

mjmaherjr wrote:

He's the son of a former SJ soccer player player from Brooklyn. That would be enough but he has length, quickness and a soft touch who can grow tremendously as a 4 year player.

I think he’s actually grown a bit too since arriving from what people have told me

SJU Tip-Off Event 4 weeks 1 day ago #360384

• MCNPA
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1656

Moose wrote:

Class of 72 wrote:

mjmaherjr wrote:

I think he’s actually grown a bit too since arriving from what people have told me

Lots of people, even pundits from what I remember were hating or lukewarm on the Champagnie pick for Big East level of play. I don’t remember who if any was thinking the kid was a sleeper. Will be interesting to see, as a litmus test, as to the staff’s scouting ability.

I’m getting this sneaky feeling our staff is going to prove us wrong on some of these kids but only time will tell. Our next class will tell even more of course.

Last edit: by MCNPA.

SJU Tip-Off Event 4 weeks 15 hours ago #360389

• Mike Zaun
  • Thank you received: 1120
I didn't even recognize Roberts...he looks like he really put in work in the gym and put on much more mass. Great to see, because he was very very skinny. Good for him, shows his dedication. By his senior year if he keeps working this hard, he may be a beast or at worst a solid Big East starter.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, Andrew

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight