Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 19/20 Big East Standings (Predicted)

19/20 Big East Standings (Predicted) 2 days 1 hour ago #356277

• Tommy O 54
  • Thank you received: 223
Ever the eternal optimist and don't really care about the other teams finish, but given CMA track record for winning/ style of play and our 2 potential all Big East players, I believe we will end up in the top 6 in league play! GO Johnnies!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19/20 Big East Standings (Predicted) 2 days 49 minutes ago #356278

• Class of 72
  • Thank you received: 3020
I assume that these standings are strictly in conference with no OOC games. If so, Steere and Rutherford will be eligible. Dunn may get a waiver. We may get a final player to round out the roster.
With that scenario I think we have a possibility of finishing anywhere from 5th to 8th. Since the Big East may get 5 bids at minimum I have hope for a post season NCAA bid. No doubt that we get an NIT bid.
All characters and events depicted in this post are entirely fictitious. Any similarity to actual events or persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. 

19/20 Big East Standings (Predicted) 2 days 18 minutes ago #356279

• Paul Massell
  • Thank you received: 1740

Class of 72 wrote: I assume that these standings are strictly in conference with no OOC games. If so, Steere and Rutherford will be eligible. Dunn may get a waiver. We may get a final player to round out the roster.
With that scenario I think we have a possibility of finishing anywhere from 5th to 8th. Since the Big East may get 5 bids at minimum I have hope for a post season NCAA bid. No doubt that we get an NIT bid.

You almost sound optimistic. Is this 72 or Bizarro 72?

“Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr, Class of 72

19/20 Big East Standings (Predicted) 1 day 22 hours ago #356284

• Knight
  • Thank you received: 1110
Too early to tell. Let's see 8 or more OOC games to gage the new system.

19/20 Big East Standings (Predicted) 1 day 21 hours ago #356285

• RedStorm80
  • Thank you received: 15
As of now i'd probably go:

1) Seton Hall
2) Nova
3) Providence
4) Xavier
5) Georgetown
6) Marquette
7) Creighton
8) Depaul
9) Butler
10) St. John's

IMO this is strongest the league has been since it reformed. The leagues strength combined with our question marks at point guard and team depth will be tough to overcome. I think beginning to build a strong culture, contending for a NIT bid and landing a good 2020 recruiting class would be a successful season that would put us in good spot to make a jump for the following year. Obviously hoping we exceed expectations.

19/20 Big East Standings (Predicted) 1 day 21 hours ago #356287

• NCJohnnie
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 3376
I'll defer my final 1-10 picks until mid September after BE schedule and our roster is set. I do agree with Amase that PC should be #1 and I would tentatively pick Xavier, Nova and Hall as 2, 3 & 4. Think we could finish between 7 and 9 depending on schedule and final roster.

19/20 Big East Standings (Predicted) 1 day 20 hours ago #356288

• usguard
  • Thank you received: 227
That would be nice but I am not that optimistic until I see the product on the floor in OOC games

19/20 Big East Standings (Predicted) 1 day 19 hours ago #356290

• MCNPA
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1364
I think the next 2 years might be Mike Anderson’s most difficult and important in his career to date. He’s got a great record of success and no losing seasons. He’s entering another pretty tough league and a difficult job with a lot less talent than I’m sure he’d like. He is at a sort of precipice coaching-wise. If he exceeds expectations the next 2 years while building talent, he can actually emerge with an impressive record of success career-wise and maybe parlay that into deep runs. If we struggle mightily, things will be more difficult for CMA and us overall. Really hoping we can pull the next year or two together and make something of it. Our long-term prospects kinda hinge on it...

19/20 Big East Standings (Predicted) 1 day 16 hours ago #356296

• Logen
  • Thank you received: 1182
I will stand by my earlier position that the vast majority of us have essentially seen two of our players for any reasonable amount of playing time. Both of whom, besides being talented players, seem to have real, genuine leadership qualities. We have a brand new coaching staff led by a man with consistent success on his resume; a brand new style of play, one predicated on defense and team play, neither of which have been a staple here for a long time. It appears, emphasis on appears, that both coaches and players have been working HARD and maybe, just maybe, we will see a team with some real chemistry for a change. I just don’t see how anyone can predict how good or bad we will be. This is a team game where the whole can be greater than the sum of the parts and stranger things have happened in sports than us being pleasantly surprised this season. There is a team every year that comes out of nowhere to “overachieve.” I prefer to remain optimistic until proven otherwise.

Last edit: by Logen.

19/20 Big East Standings (Predicted) 1 day 11 hours ago #356297

• redmanwest
  • Thank you received: 356
I too tend to be optimistic, and I am now too. But there are afar too few data points to allow for anything but speculation at this point. I agree with those who have said we have to wait to assess till we've seen some of the OOC games and the final roster of eligible players.

I also think many are underestimating Georgetown, who I think have a good shot to be top 3 in conference.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bamafan

• Page:
Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight

Follow redmen.com on Twitter