Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Starting 5?

Starting 5? 4 months 1 week ago #355752

• Jeff Smith
  • Jeff Smith's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 16
Who starts and first off bench?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Starting 5? 4 months 1 week ago #355753

• SJU61982
  • Thank you received: 965

Jeff Smith wrote: Who starts and first off bench?

I think Heron and LJ are the only two to be guaranteed starting spots, barring something unforeseen.

I think CMA will use the early season schedule to rotate, and experiment, with different lineups, and combinations. By conference play, we should have a better idea.

With Anderson's style, I expect all of the scholarship bench players to get a least a little bit of run, in every game.

Starting 5? 4 months 1 week ago #355759

• SJU1512
  • Thank you received: 561

SJU61982 wrote:

I think Heron and LJ are the only two to be guaranteed starting spots, barring something unforeseen.

I think CMA will use the early season schedule to rotate, and experiment, with different lineups, and combinations. By conference play, we should have a better idea.

With Anderson's style, I expect all of the scholarship bench players to get a least a little bit of run, in every game.

Agree with that, although if Steere isn't a no-doubt starter that is not a good sign for the season. I expect he will be.

If I had to take a guess at the preferred Game 1 lineup it would be Williams, Wright, Heron, LJ, and Steere. With Roberts, Earlington, Rutherford, and Dunn (if eligible) getting plenty of minutes off the bench.

Starting 5? 4 months 1 week ago #355761

• SJU61982
  • Thank you received: 965

SJU1512 wrote:

SJU61982 wrote:

Agree with that, although if Steere isn't a no-doubt starter that is not a good sign for the season. I expect he will be.

If I had to take a guess at the preferred Game 1 lineup it would be Williams, Wright, Heron, LJ, and Steere. With Roberts, Earlington, Rutherford, and Dunn (if eligible) getting plenty of minutes off the bench.

99% sure that we won't have Steere until the Albany game, due to midseason transfer rules, so I was not including him.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SJU1512

Starting 5? 4 months 1 week ago #355766

• SJU1512
  • Thank you received: 561

SJU61982 wrote:

SJU1512 wrote:

SJU61982 wrote:

99% sure that we won't have Steere until the Albany game, due to midseason transfer rules, so I was not including him.

Great point.

Starting 5? 4 months 1 week ago #355769

• L J S A
  • Thank you received: 2489
McRuthergrifford
Dunn
Heron
Figueroa
Roberts
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaseinyourface

Starting 5? 4 months 1 week ago #355781

• BOB BARKER
  • Thank you received: 6
,LJ,LC,DC,AC,HARRY BOYKOFF
The following user(s) said Thank You: IDRAFT

Starting 5? 4 months 1 week ago #355791

• Class of 72
  • Thank you received: 3195
Wright and Dixon in the backcourt.
Sima at center.
Ellison and Keita as forwards.

Those Matt A recruits just keep on keeping on.
All characters and events depicted in this post are entirely fictitious. Any similarity to actual events or persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. 

Starting 5? 4 months 1 week ago #355806

• gman
  • Thank you received: 675
Who’s Boycoff?

Starting 5? 4 months 1 week ago #355807

• capmaker
  • Thank you received: 160
The following user(s) said Thank You: richard A Steinfeld

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight