Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Season Tickets

Season Tickets 3 days 7 hours ago #356195

• Moose
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 2592

lawmanfan wrote: Classic SJU fan reaction on this thread. Gimme a great facility and a great team, but don't ask me to pay for it until after it already exists.

It's a discretionary expense folks - if you don't want to fund it, then don't. Watch on TV or whatever. Nobody is forcing you to buy tickets. The school sets the price based on what they think will work for them (and hopefully what they think will help build the program). If their plan works for them, they'll continue with it. If it doesn't they won't.

People have been paying for a great team and great facility for a long time and neither are the case

*I think I miss you posting:blink:
The following user(s) said Thank You: AJ Hidell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Moose.

Season Tickets 3 days 7 hours ago #356196

• lawmanfan
  • Thank you received: 80

Moose wrote:

lawmanfan wrote: Classic SJU fan reaction on this thread. Gimme a great facility and a great team, but don't ask me to pay for it until after it already exists.

It's a discretionary expense folks - if you don't want to fund it, then don't. Watch on TV or whatever. Nobody is forcing you to buy tickets. The school sets the price based on what they think will work for them (and hopefully what they think will help build the program). If their plan works for them, they'll continue with it. If it doesn't they won't.

People have been paying for a great team and great facility for a long time and neither are the case

Fair - but it's all relative. It isn't like season ticket prices are Knicks level - or Duke or Michigan or fill-in-the-blank level. I'd be curious what Nova tickets go for, if anybody knows.

Hope everything is good by you - touch base if you're going to a game (or need a ticket - i usually have a spare or two).

Season Tickets 3 days 6 hours ago #356200

• Moose
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 2592

lawmanfan wrote:

Moose wrote:

Fair - but it's all relative. It isn't like season ticket prices are Knicks level - or Duke or Michigan or fill-in-the-blank level. I'd be curious what Nova tickets go for, if anybody knows.

Hope everything is good by you - touch base if you're going to a game (or need a ticket - i usually have a spare or two).

You're right a good comparison would be teams like Nova or Gtown who play the half or the majority of games in NBA arena.

Season Tickets 3 days 4 hours ago #356203

• Redman#13
  • Thank you received: 68

lawmanfan wrote:

Moose wrote:

Nova, Gtown, Xavier price list. Novas is from 17/18
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: lawmanfan, Zeeman, Moose, BrooklynRed

Last edit: by Redman#13.

Season Tickets 3 days 3 hours ago #356207

• Knight
  • Thank you received: 1110
Price increase would have been more palatable if the announcement would have been accompanied by a detailed capital improvements plan scheduled over the next few years.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bamafan, Andrew

Season Tickets 1 day 9 hours ago #356305

• SJU2000alum15
  • Thank you received: 240
This is ridiculous I just logged in to see what my increase looks like this is crazy last year I paid $1300 for my two seats this year it would be $2360 no way am I renewing at that price , I will just simply buy tickets on stub hub and go to some games. How can you justify that much of an increase in one year?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Coaster

Season Tickets 1 day 8 hours ago #356310

• Mike Zaun
  • Thank you received: 1063
I get that Cragg wants to bring in a lot more money to be competitive. Makes complete sense. But the magnitude of the increase for season tix is shocking given the timing. This is a program that has not won an NCAA tournament game in what 20 years? That would put me at 10 years old. I'm now 30. While they have given us some glimpses of greatness with wins over Duke, Nova, Cuse 2x, etc. in recent years, our high water mark is lower than Butler, Xavier, Nova, PC, Marquette, G'Town, Creighton....basically everyone except DePaul. That's based on rankings during season, length of time staying ranked, and winning tourney games. I feel that our program hangs on way too much to 1985 as the Mets do to 1986. That may as well be ancient history 30+ years ago. My point is, they could've waited until having a hopefully inspiring season that opens many eyes to roll out huge increases. As a fanbase, we've been eating Ramen for decades while fans of other Big East programs have had some nice steak here and there. I encourage others to use Red Storm Pass which is by far the cheapest, most convenient option IMO if you can't go to all games and don't get season tix.
The following user(s) said Thank You: alexander salem, SJU2000alum15

Season Tickets 1 day 6 hours ago #356318

• Beast of the East
  • Thank you received: 2613
I am guessing that the price hikes are in alignment with other schools in the Big East. It's a big leap and is likely to cause a considerable number of non-renewals. To be honest though, for the Big East schedule at least, I'd much prefer to see St. John's play than the Knicks, all things considered.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr, BrooklynRed

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight

Follow redmen.com on Twitter