Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Season Tickets

Season Tickets 4 months 1 week ago #355719

  • SJU11Redmen
  • SJU11Redmen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Posts: 1030
  • Thank you received: 88
Just got an e-mail essentially stating that every season ticket will now have a required donation of at least $100 to buy tickets. Yikes. There has got to be a better way than that to pay for Mullin's buyout.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Class of 72

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Season Tickets 4 months 1 week ago #355721

  • mjmaherjr
  • mjmaherjr's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 11638
  • Thank you received: 4048
stormsaver now called bronze. went up from $540 to $780

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Season Tickets 4 months 1 week ago #355723

  • SJU61982
  • SJU61982's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 4246
  • Thank you received: 965

SJU11Redmen wrote: Just got an e-mail essentially stating that every season ticket will now have a required donation of at least $100 to buy tickets. Yikes. There has got to be a better way than that to pay for Mullin's buyout.


I was all ready to correct this, and mention that it probably goes to the price of the tickets (they did something like that Mullin's first year, when they knew interest would be up), but essentially it doesn't. So, $840 for full, non-chairback, season tickets, plus a $150 donation? Expect a lot of cancellations, especially if there is no installment plan for payments, which has been a godsend for me, IMO.

I'll probably find a way to make it work, but for once, I can't blame a lot of fans for cancelling out. Even if we're good, I can see it becoming like Yankees games. Nobody siting courtside, but the upper bowls of both CA and MSG will be packed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by SJU61982.

Season Tickets 4 months 1 week ago #355724

  • Knight
  • Knight's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 5358
  • Thank you received: 1271

mjmaherjr wrote: stormsaver now called bronze. went up from $540 to $780


What are you complaining about? It's only a 44.4% increase. :sick:
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Season Tickets 4 months 1 week ago #355725

  • mjmaherjr
  • mjmaherjr's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 11638
  • Thank you received: 4048

Knight wrote:

mjmaherjr wrote: stormsaver now called bronze. went up from $540 to $780


What are you complaining about? It's only a 44.4% increase. :sick:

Working in finance I'll now label is Craggflation :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Season Tickets 4 months 1 week ago #355727

  • mjmaherjr
  • mjmaherjr's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 11638
  • Thank you received: 4048
if anyone is looking just to buy the Carnesseca part of the package for 1 ticket let me know. Actually no pm's so just let me know on this thread

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Season Tickets 4 months 1 week ago #355728

  • Knight
  • Knight's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 5358
  • Thank you received: 1271
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Paul Massell. Reason: site fubar

Season Tickets 4 months 1 week ago #355735

  • SJU61982
  • SJU61982's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 4246
  • Thank you received: 965
On the website, this is justified by saying that all the other Big East teams do this.

Well:

Georgetown has a rising team, and the favored son as coach, so interest is high.

Depual has a new(ish) arena.

All of the other teams have either recent success and/or rabid fanbases (at least, in their local areas).

I don't see what our justification is. Even MSG has become something of a laughing stock in the basketball world (not our fault - thank Dolan, and the NBA Lottery system for that).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Season Tickets 4 months 1 week ago #355736

  • Mike Zaun
  • Mike Zaun's Avatar
  • Away
  • Posts: 2102
  • Thank you received: 1156

SJU61982 wrote: On the website, this is justified by saying that all the other Big East teams do this.

Well:

Georgetown has a rising team, and the favored son as coach, so interest is high.

Depual has a new(ish) arena.

All of the other teams have either recent success and/or rabid fanbases (at least, in their local areas).

I don't see what our justification is. Even MSG has become something of a laughing stock in the basketball world (not our fault - thank Dolan, and the NBA Lottery system for that).


Agree the fans need to be given a lot more before you can justify steep increases. However, MSG has become a laughingstock in the basketball world? That's silly IMO. It's one of the premier places to watch any event...in the world. Probably top 3 in the nation at absolute worst. The reason free agents steer clear of the Knicks is James Dolan, not MSG. As long as Dolan is heading operations, the Knicks are guaranteed to fail.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Season Tickets 4 months 1 week ago #355737

  • PharmDJohnnie11
  • PharmDJohnnie11's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 196
  • Thank you received: 254
This pretty much seals it for me. Will be going the stubhub route this year. I would have to pay an additional 500 in donations and it looks like my seat went up over 300 dollars per seat on top of that.

Absolutely ridiculous for a program that hasn’t been relevant in 20 years. Get some winning seasons under your belt before basically doubling season ticket prices.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bamafan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight