Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: SJU/Nike

SJU/Nike 2 weeks 2 days ago #353686

• otis
  • Thank you received: 922
Thank you Mike Cragg.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

SJU/Nike 2 weeks 2 days ago #353695

• Mike Zaun
  • Thank you received: 1048
It is a bit silly to hype this up so much only to make an announcement most of us knew for months. At least have 2 or 3 Nike shirts/hats/etc. available immediately just to get the impulsive buyers like someone else said. It's not that hard. Still happy we are back with Nike, but disappointed nothing was made available right away or any cool potential designs shown. If it's going to stay the same for a long time then don't hype it up IMO.

SJU/Nike 2 weeks 2 days ago #353696

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 13184
“The switch to Nike is just one aspect of changes Cragg is overseeing. An entire new locker room is being created for the men’s basketball team, and changes are also being done for the women’s basketball team’s locker room. The floor at Taffner Field House was redone and the school is also relighting Carnesecca Arena and Taffner”.

nypost.com/2019/07/01/st-johns-gets-back...-business-with-nike/
The following user(s) said Thank You: gonzalo, capmaker

SJU/Nike 2 weeks 2 days ago #353697

• Moose
  • Thank you received: 2519

Mike Zaun wrote: It is a bit silly to hype this up so much only to make an announcement most of us knew for months. At least have 2 or 3 Nike shirts/hats/etc. available immediately just to get the impulsive buyers like someone else said. It's not that hard. Still happy we are back with Nike, but disappointed nothing was made available right away or any cool potential designs shown. If it's going to stay the same for a long time then don't hype it up IMO.

Impulse buyer? You and a few others are fiends and will purchase whether its July 1 or August 1 or October 1.

Things take time especially when leaving one contract and entering another. This isn't Arsenal going from Puma to Adidas. Or Manchester City going from Nike to Puma. This is little SJU.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, Paultzman, SJU85

SJU/Nike 2 weeks 2 days ago #353698

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 13184
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, capmaker

SJU/Nike 2 weeks 2 days ago #353711

• Section9
  • Thank you received: 372

Moose wrote:

Mike Zaun wrote: It is a bit silly to hype this up so much only to make an announcement most of us knew for months. At least have 2 or 3 Nike shirts/hats/etc. available immediately just to get the impulsive buyers like someone else said. It's not that hard. Still happy we are back with Nike, but disappointed nothing was made available right away or any cool potential designs shown. If it's going to stay the same for a long time then don't hype it up IMO.

Impulse buyer? You and a few others are fiends and will purchase whether its July 1 or August 1 or October 1.

Things take time especially when leaving one contract and entering another. This isn't Arsenal going from Puma to Adidas. Or Manchester City going from Nike to Puma. This is little SJU.

Or Bayern going from Addidas to Puma;) :)

SJU/Nike 2 weeks 14 hours ago #353852

• Room112
  • Thank you received: 904
I guess most are happy with this. But for me personally, I appreciate the style and creativity that Under Armour brought to our gear. Sure, most of what the players wore was never available to the public. But I believe Moose spelled out why. But I have some of the Under Armour shirts that were created, like the STJ with the crown over it, and a Big Apple with all elements of St John's inside of it. Even the grey alternate jerseys we had with the skyline. After we left Jordan Brand, I don't remember Nike ever doing anything creative at all with our gear.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RedStormRising, panther2, Amaseinyourface, JohnnyFan

SJU/Nike 2 weeks 14 hours ago #353853

• Amaseinyourface
  • Thank you received: 798

Room112 wrote: I guess most are happy with this. But for me personally, I appreciate the style and creativity that Under Armour brought to our gear. Sure, most of what the players wore was never available to the public. But I believe Moose spelled out why. But I have some of the Under Armour shirts that were created, like the STJ with the crown over it, and a Big Apple with all elements of St John's inside of it. Even the grey alternate jerseys we had with the skyline. After we left Jordan Brand, I don't remember Nike ever doing anything creative at all with our gear.

I really liked most the jerseys with UA

SJU/Nike 2 weeks 11 hours ago #353872

• Knight
  • Thank you received: 1087
Oy vey, and now we have the political element with Nike, KC and Betsy Ross.

SJU/Nike 2 weeks 11 hours ago #353873

• Mario
  • Thank you received: 49

Knight wrote: Oy vey, and now we have the political element with Nike, KC and Betsy Ross.

I for one, am not in favor of switching to Nike, for the reason you mention. An UnAmerican company.
The following user(s) said Thank You: section10, RedStormRising, 41ndone

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight

Follow redmen.com on Twitter