Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Message from Coach Anderson

Message from Coach Anderson 1 week 2 days ago #351663

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 12781
Greeting St. John’s Basketball Supporters,

What a great time to join the St. John’s family! My wife, Marcheita, and I are thrilled to begin this new journey in the greatest city in the world at one of the nation’s most storied institutions, especially one with such a tremendous basketball tradition.

I want to take this opportunity to say THANK YOU for the warm welcome we’ve received from our basketball supporters and the entire University community.

Over the past two months, we have worked hard to assemble one of the elite staffs in the country, one that features a blend of collegiate and NBA experience with individuals who have achieved success throughout their careers.

TJ Cleveland, a longtime member of my staff, signed on to serve as our associate head coach, Queens natives Van Macon and Steve DeMeo joined as assistant coaches and my former teammate and NBA veteran Paul Pressey recently came on as a special assistant. Collectively, we have hit the ground running and we are deeply committed to building a program of which the St. John’s faithful can be proud.

As we kick off summer, I want to assure you our team will be working hard this offseason as the countdown for the 2019-2020 campaign has already started. I mentioned during my introductory press conference that we are going to play an exciting brand of basketball, but in order to compete at the peak of our abilities, the preparation starts now.

Our goal is to build upon the successes of last year’s team that returned to the NCAA Tournament for the 29th time in program history. We have a core group of guys who are committed to playing winning basketball and making noise in the BIG EAST, one of the nation’s premier basketball conferences.

I hope you enjoy the summer and thank you for all of your support. We look forward to seeing you next season.

Go Johnnies!

Sincerely,

Mike Anderson
Head Men’s Basketball Coach
St. John’s University
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Massell, redmannorth, SJU85, redken, Joe, JackofVirginia, gonzalo, Frank61, firestorm, Coaster and 16 other people also said thanks.
Last edit: by Paultzman.
The topic has been locked.

Message from Coach Anderson 1 week 2 days ago #351664

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 12781
Refreshing & nice touch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank61, Delaware

Message from Coach Anderson 1 week 2 days ago #351665

• sjc88
  • Thank you received: 425
I appreciate his approach. I look forward to hearing more from him.

Message from Coach Anderson 1 week 2 days ago #351669

• ron
  • Thank you received: 377

Paultzman wrote: Refreshing & nice touch.

That is exactly what first came to my mind--refreshing! This guy is a class act.
Ron
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, redken, Frank61, bamafan

Message from Coach Anderson 1 week 2 days ago #351670

• redstorm89
  • Thank you received: 61

generic but appreciate the message from coach Anderson. He is definitely more open to communication then mullin. I was surprised chris never had a twitter account.

Message from Coach Anderson 1 week 2 days ago #351671

• Chicago Days
  • Thank you received: 2546
Very classy gesture. Seems like his rep is 'real'...that he communicates with the fan base, builds relationships, 'family', and a culture to believe in.
I'm very excited and appreciative to witness the Mike Anderson Era at St. John's.
Go Johnnies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank61

Message from Coach Anderson 1 week 2 days ago #351673

• SJU2000alum15
  • Thank you received: 229
I received this too I thought it was a nice gesture. I like everything coach has done since taking over I really feel way better about the future of the program since he took over. Everything is more professional and I just like the way he goes about his business.

Message from Coach Anderson 1 week 2 days ago #351675

• DoodyNY33
  • Thank you received: 171
I think we are in very good hands with Coach Anderson.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SJUNC, Logen, oldschool Redmen

Message from Coach Anderson 1 week 2 days ago #351706

• oldschool Redmen
  • Thank you received: 551

redstorm89 wrote:

generic but appreciate the message from coach Anderson. He is definitely more open to communication then mullin. I was surprised chris never had a twitter account.

Not to Mullin bash, but do you think he really cared to reach out to the fans?
CMA approach is refreshing.

Message from Coach Anderson 1 week 2 days ago #351710

• Class of 72
  • Thank you received: 2978

oldschool Redmen wrote:

redstorm89 wrote:

Not to Mullin bash, but do you think he really cared to reach out to the fans?
CMA approach is refreshing.

In his first year Mullin was all over NYC and local events. Then two things happened the following summer. He blackballed Slice and he sold his Long island home and his wife and daughter moved back to California.
The rest is history.
All characters and events depicted in this post are entirely fictitious. Any similarity to actual events or persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Red2395, IDRAFT, gonzalo, RICH K aka Booksnball, Fred Solomon
Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight

Follow redmen.com on Twitter