Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: X Factors for Next Season

X Factors for Next Season 1 week 5 days ago #351479

• Fred Solomon
  • Thank you received: 42
IMO Heron did not play like a five Star offensively last year and unless he improves on certain things ,he is not a star, good yes. Remember he got the ball off doubleteams of Ponds.LJ is IMO more of a threat to become a star this season because of his basketball smarts and skill set.Definitely need a third scorer, but my money is on the defensive chaos creating easy baskets for the offense.Of course need a strong rebounder to prevent 2nd and 3rd shots by opposition,hope we have one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaseinyourface

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

X Factors for Next Season 1 week 5 days ago #351480

• mjmaherjr
  • Thank you received: 3457
Anderson is the x factor. How well he melds us into team ball and if we develop an identity. Looking forward to hopefully to not being a lot of running down and chucking crap shots and hopefully offensive rebounding
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, Paultzman, Andrew, L J S A, JohnnyFan, Fred Solomon

X Factors for Next Season 1 week 5 days ago #351486

• JohnnyFan
  • Thank you received: 1970

mjmaherjr wrote: Anderson is the x factor. How well he melds us into team ball and if we develop an identity. Looking forward to hopefully to not being a lot of running down and chucking crap shots and hopefully offensive rebounding

Amen. I am not aware of any actual medical studies, but I believe teams "chucking crap shots" impacts the overall health of their fan base.

It's gotta be true.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr, Rehobie

Last edit: by JohnnyFan.

X Factors for Next Season 1 week 5 days ago #351488

• Logen
  • Thank you received: 1029

mjmaherjr wrote: Anderson is the x factor. How well he melds us into team ball and if we develop an identity. Looking forward to hopefully to not being a lot of running down and chucking crap shots and hopefully offensive rebounding

You can take the hopefully out......we will be a team. How good, I don’t know, but Anderson did not go to the Mullin School of Coaching.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, mjmaherjr, Andrew

X Factors for Next Season 1 week 5 days ago #351489

• Spocky Ramone
  • Thank you received: 278
Loafers
It’s a double knit world, baby
And your heart is my goal
I’ll pick the lock
With my pet rock
To get to your bell bottom soul

X Factors for Next Season 1 week 5 days ago #351490

• mjmaherjr
  • Thank you received: 3457

Logen wrote:

You can take the hopefully out......we will be a team. How good, I don’t know, but Anderson did not go to the Mullin School of Coaching.

even the games we were winning last year I didn’t enjoy some of the wins because it was just like a mush mash to me. A few of the Lavin Years was like that also. Not all but a few. It will be so nice to hopefully sit back and enjoy what I’m seeing even if it doesn’t translate to big wins right away .
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, Paultzman, RedStormRising, Delaware, Logen, JohnnyFan, NCJohnnie

X Factors for Next Season 1 week 5 days ago #351493

• JohnnyFan
  • Thank you received: 1970

mjmaherjr wrote:

Logen wrote:

even the games we were winning last year I didn’t enjoy some of the wins because it was just like a mush mash to me. A few of the Lavin Years was like that also. Not all but a few. It will be so nice to hopefully sit back and enjoy what I’m seeing even if it doesn’t translate to big wins right away .

N/M

Last edit: by JohnnyFan.

X Factors for Next Season 1 week 5 days ago #351494

• Logen
  • Thank you received: 1029

mjmaherjr wrote:

Logen wrote:

Very much agree, I feel for the first time, really since Louie, we have a professional coach. Mahoney was a pro but not a head coach. Roberts was also a pro but certainly even more so, not a head coach. The other four brought their own baggage with them and eventually (or sooner) imploded. For me, these next few years, at least, are going to be a pleasure. To paraphrase your thought, I found it difficult at times to root for and invest in emotionally even our occasional better teams over the last few coaches.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, Paultzman

Last edit: by Logen.
Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight

Follow redmen.com on Twitter