Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: X Factors for Next Season

X Factors for Next Season 1 week 6 days ago #351436

• L J S A
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 2183
I think it's Steere.

Also needs to be McGriff or we could be a 10-win team even though we have at least two top-flight Big East players.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

X Factors for Next Season 1 week 6 days ago #351441

• NCJohnnie
  • Thank you received: 3254
I expect Steere to be a force offensively so long as he can stay out of foul trouble. Wright is the x factor - highly recruited out of HS and showed promise as a frosh, but numbers fell off his second year. Hoping it was just a case of poor fit as Miss. St. was very guard heavy that year.

X Factors for Next Season 1 week 6 days ago #351443

• MCNPA
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1244
Steere is a beast physically and athletically. That said, I think he’s more of a big PF with his mobility and skill set. Either way I think he’s going to be a big talent for us but he needs more help up front.

X Factors for Next Season 1 week 6 days ago #351447

• Paultzman
  • Thank you received: 12794
Wright has a rep for being talented, so hopefully his college career to date will improve a great deal. He could be a key offensive weapon here with a lot of minutes. Hopefully Anderson & staff bring best out of him and he responds to the challenge.
The following user(s) said Thank You: L J S A, JohnnyFan, NCJohnnie

X Factors for Next Season 1 week 6 days ago #351448

• Logen
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1029
I guess it reads like a cop out but who knows how we will do next year? We will have an entirely different approach then we have seen in a long time (if ever) at SJU. Everyone is worried about offense but to me the key to our success will be predicated on our ability to disrupt, take teams out of their comfort zone and the possible advantage that no other BE team plays or has played the Anderson way. Can we do it with the current roster? Not having seen Steere, Wright, Caraher, Sears, McGriff and only cameos from the three freshman (alright cameo+ from Williams), I certainly don’t know, but I am looking forward to finding out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, shamsman2, Chicago Days, Fred Solomon

X Factors for Next Season 1 week 6 days ago #351453

• otis
  • Thank you received: 917
IMO the over under number of wins is 14.
At any rate a more efficient system will be installed and the season will reflect new found hope.

Recall Buffalo Braves/ NY Knick’s former GM Eddie Donovan’s quote to the effect that the team with the best talent does not always beat the team that plays best together. Let’s hope.

X Factors for Next Season 1 week 6 days ago #351456

• ron
  • Thank you received: 377

otis wrote: IMO the over under number of wins is 14.
At any rate a more efficient system will be installed and the season will reflect new found hope.

Recall Buffalo Braves/ NY Knick’s former GM Eddie Donovan’s quote to the effect that the team with the best talent does not always beat the team that plays best together. Let’s hope.

I don't know how anyone can predict how many games we will win since we do not even know our complete schedule yet.
Ron
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moose, Fred Solomon

X Factors for Next Season 1 week 5 days ago #351470

• otis
  • Thank you received: 917

ron wrote:
I don't know how anyone can predict how many games we will win since we do not even know our complete schedule yet.

——-

Right you are Ron ..... “we do not even know our complete schedule yet“ but 24 of the anticipated 31 regular season games are either Big East or games announced by Rothstein or other considered source. The majority of remaining 7 games will likely be against low or mid majors, so yeah, with 77% of the games announced it is possible to speak in lose terms about projections.

X Factors for Next Season 1 week 5 days ago #351473

• Class of 72
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 2978
Steere, Wright, Heron, and Figueroa are all 4star+ caliber talents. Roberts, Williams, Caraher, Sears, McGriff can all play D1 ball. The X factor will be the last recruits added to the roster. Last year the closest thing to a point guard was only Shamorie Ponds but we needed him to score so his point guard skills didn't develop. Marvin Clark had a terrible Big East season and was a double zero in his last two games. Justin Simon will be missed the most but Wright may make up for his loss. So, if we get another point guard in my opinion we will have a more talented and deeper team than last year. I don't expect this staff to coach at the .500 level that was standard for the last regime.
All characters and events depicted in this post are entirely fictitious. Any similarity to actual events or persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chicago Days

X Factors for Next Season 1 week 5 days ago #351475

• Chicago Days
  • Thank you received: 2546

Class of 72 wrote: Steere, Wright, Heron, and Figueroa are all 4star+ caliber talents. Roberts, Williams, Caraher, Sears, McGriff can all play D1 ball. The X factor will be the last recruits added to the roster. Last year the closest thing to a point guard was only Shamorie Ponds but we needed him to score so his point guard skills didn't develop. Marvin Clark had a terrible Big East season and was a double zero in his last two games. Justin Simon will be missed the most but Wright may make up for his loss. So, if we get another point guard in my opinion we will have a more talented and deeper team than last year. I don't expect this staff to coach at the .500 level that was standard for the last regime.

Definitely agree '72, we have a solid base of talent but a critical need is a solid and seasoned PG and--being greedy 1 more big--that with this new Staff, may surprise more than a few people.
We shall see.

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight

Follow redmen.com on Twitter