Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Jeff Goodman's Preseason Top 25

Jeff Goodman's Preseason Top 25 2 weeks 18 hours ago #351289

  • Beast of the East
  • Beast of the East's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 10759
  • Thank you received: 2572

SJU1512 wrote:

Beast of the East wrote: All Anderson has to do to accomplish that is not be worse here than he's been at his 3 prior HC jobs.


He will be better for sure. Almost would guarantee that. Whether that will be considered good enough over the long haul is questionable. Considering no one here has lasted more than 6 years, I hope he does better than that.

The following user(s) said Thank You: SJU1512

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Jeff Goodman's Preseason Top 25 2 weeks 15 hours ago #351305

  • SJU1512
  • SJU1512's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 1089
  • Thank you received: 516

Beast of the East wrote:

SJU1512 wrote:

Beast of the East wrote: All Anderson has to do to accomplish that is not be worse here than he's been at his 3 prior HC jobs.


He will be better for sure. Almost would guarantee that. Whether that will be considered good enough over the long haul is questionable. Considering no one here has lasted more than 6 years, I hope he does better than that.


I agree and think CMA will as well. For someone with his particular experience I don't think this is going to be as much of a lift as some of his prior jobs. He doesn't strike me as the type to take anything for granted, but reality is this year to finish better than 5th in the SEC you had to be a Top 13 team in the country. This year in the Big East to finish better than 5th you had to be one game over .500 in a down conference.

Granted, the last two years have been mega steps forward for the SEC (which had been down) and this past year was a step back from what has been a strong Big East. But I think the point stands that on balance worrying about competing with Florida/Tenn/LSU/Auburn behind Kentucky is more daunting than worrying about Xavier/Marq/Prov/SHU behind Nova.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Jeff Goodman's Preseason Top 25 2 weeks 15 hours ago #351308

  • Class of 72
  • Class of 72's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 7811
  • Thank you received: 2978
OK we are not preseason top 25. But do we need to turn yet another thread into a doubting CMA can get us there thread?
Can this guy finish his recruiting and see him meld his players before the first exhibition game?
All characters and events depicted in this post are entirely fictitious. Any similarity to actual events or persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Jeff Goodman's Preseason Top 25 2 weeks 14 hours ago #351316

  • otis
  • otis's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 2657
  • Thank you received: 917

Class of 72 wrote: OK we are not preseason top 25. But do we need to turn yet another thread into a doubting CMA can get us there thread?
Can this guy finish his recruiting and see him meld his players before the first exhibition game?

_______

WOW ... what a surprise that '72 would attempt to hijack a thread to a negative narrative. Shocking.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by otis.

Jeff Goodman's Preseason Top 25 2 weeks 14 hours ago #351319

  • Class of 72
  • Class of 72's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 7811
  • Thank you received: 2978

otis wrote:

Class of 72 wrote: OK we are not preseason top 25. But do we need to turn yet another thread into a doubting CMA can get us there thread?
Can this guy finish his recruiting and see him meld his players before the first exhibition game?

_______

WOW ... what a surprise that '72 would attempt to hijack a thread to a negative narrative. Shocking.


So NOW being optimistic and positive about our staff is a negative?:whistle:
So NOW responding in a thread is a hijack?
The thread is "preseason top 25".
I suspect some of you cabecazz here expected CMA to have landed 5 five star recruits by now.
Not sure who is negative here.....I'll let you be the judge Judge.
All characters and events depicted in this post are entirely fictitious. Any similarity to actual events or persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Class of 72.

Jeff Goodman's Preseason Top 25 1 week 6 days ago #351357

  • austour
  • austour's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 5256
  • Thank you received: 737

Class of 72 wrote:

otis wrote:

Class of 72 wrote: OK we are not preseason top 25. But do we need to turn yet another thread into a doubting CMA can get us there thread?
Can this guy finish his recruiting and see him meld his players before the first exhibition game?

_______

WOW ... what a surprise that '72 would attempt to hijack a thread to a negative narrative. Shocking.


So NOW being optimistic and positive about our staff is a negative?:whistle:
So NOW responding in a thread is a hijack?
The thread is "preseason top 25".
I suspect some of you cabecazz here expected CMA to have landed 5 five star recruits by now.
Not sure who is negative here.....I'll let you be the judge Judge.


It's almost like he only read your first line and predicted what the other lines would be. LOL
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moose, Class of 72, bamafan, Logen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight

Follow redmen.com on Twitter