• Thank you received: 1206
Very good updated breakdown of who's leaving. coming in and sitting next season
4 Big East teams made his list:

Villanova - #9
Seton Hall - #13
Xavier - #20
Marquette - #25

watchstadium.com/news/college-basketball...od-field-06-02-2019/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by MarkRedman.

Jeff Goodman's Preseason Top 25 2 weeks 3 days ago #351084

• redken
  • Thank you received: 877
Don't see the Hall being that good.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Delaware

Jeff Goodman's Preseason Top 25 2 weeks 3 days ago #351086

• Beast of the East
  • Thank you received: 2572
looks like this will be a tough season for our guys to win more than 6 or 7 games in conference, but some of you may know better.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, Chicago Days

Jeff Goodman's Preseason Top 25 2 weeks 3 days ago #351088

• Class of 72
  • Thank you received: 2978

Beast of the East wrote: looks like this will be a tough season for our guys to win more than 6 or 7 games in conference, but some of you may know better.

Maybe the next 2019 player addition will change that. IMO the only significant loss was Shamorie Ponds and to some extent Justin. The season is a long way off.
All characters and events depicted in this post are entirely fictitious. Any similarity to actual events or persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. 

Jeff Goodman's Preseason Top 25 2 weeks 3 days ago #351090

• sjc88
  • Thank you received: 425

Class of 72 wrote:

Beast of the East wrote: looks like this will be a tough season for our guys to win more than 6 or 7 games in conference, but some of you may know better.

Maybe the next 2019 player addition will change that. IMO the only significant loss was Shamorie Ponds and to some extent Justin. The season is a long way off.

Going to be tough sledding in 2019 for SJU. I would like the team to develop into the team nobody wants to play. We’ll see.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, redken, Chicago Days

Jeff Goodman's Preseason Top 25 2 weeks 3 days ago #351091

• Delaware
  • Thank you received: 154
25 seems like a bit high for Marquette as well, given their losses.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moose

Jeff Goodman's Preseason Top 25 2 weeks 3 days ago #351093

• Class of 72
  • Thank you received: 2978

sjc88 wrote:

Class of 72 wrote:

Going to be tough sledding in 2019 for SJU. I would like the team to develop into the team nobody wants to play. We’ll see.

Eli Wright, Heron, Figueroa and Steere along with Williams will do just fine against most teams. There will actually be depth for the first time in 4 years. It will be the first time in 4 years we have actual coaches. Recruiting is not over. No way we win just 6 games.
All characters and events depicted in this post are entirely fictitious. Any similarity to actual events or persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. 

Jeff Goodman's Preseason Top 25 2 weeks 3 days ago #351094

• Chicago Days
  • Thank you received: 2546

Class of 72 wrote:

sjc88 wrote:

Class of 72 wrote:

Eli Wright, Heron, Figueroa and Steere along with Williams will do just fine against most teams. There will actually be depth for the first time in 4 years. It will be the first time in 4 years we have actual coaches. Recruiting is not over. No way we win just 6 games.

I'd agree '72, if we get a seasoned PG to lead us for a year.
And not sure how good of a PG we can get this late, especially if Thornton gets 'lifted' by Gonzaga, which I'm bracing for (if it hasn't happened yet).
So, it 'could' be a year in which we're feisty, unpredictable, dangerous--but are maybe 1 - 2 players 'short', but CMA infuses his style of 40 MOH and paves the way for future success.

Jeff Goodman's Preseason Top 25 2 weeks 3 days ago #351097

• oldschool Redmen
  • Thank you received: 551

Chicago Days wrote:

Class of 72 wrote:

sjc88 wrote:

Class of 72 wrote:

I'd agree '72, if we get a seasoned PG to lead us for a year.
And not sure how good of a PG we can get this late, especially if Thornton gets 'lifted' by Gonzaga, which I'm bracing for (if it hasn't happened yet).
So, it 'could' be a year in which we're feisty, unpredictable, dangerous--but are maybe 1 - 2 players 'short', but CMA infuses his style of 40 MOH and paves the way for future success.

"CMA infuses his style of 40 MOH and paves the way for future success."

Add some of DeMeo's 1-3-1 Trap everywhere, Ball screen defense and ICE, and damn by February I'm thinking we'll be real fun to watch.

Last edit: by oldschool Redmen.

Jeff Goodman's Preseason Top 25 2 weeks 3 days ago #351099

• sjc88
  • Thank you received: 425

Class of 72 wrote:

sjc88 wrote:

Class of 72 wrote:

Eli Wright, Heron, Figueroa and Steere along with Williams will do just fine against most teams. There will actually be depth for the first time in 4 years. It will be the first time in 4 years we have actual coaches. Recruiting is not over. No way we win just 6 games.[/quote

Could be but...has anyone seen Wright play. I haven’t. Steere (if I remember correctly) might not be immediately eligible and I have never seen him play either. Then their is that glaring hole at experienced PG and recruiting at this late date is tricky. Need someone ASAP. Just so many question marks. As always patience is a virtue we will need lots of.

Last edit: by sjc88.
Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight

Follow redmen.com on Twitter