Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Welcome Steve DeMeo

Asst coach discussion 2 weeks 6 days ago #350801

• Class of 72
  • Thank you received: 2978

otis wrote: I can't wait for the summer recruiting season to start to read the increased number of top 100 ranked recruits Coach Mike Anderson and his hard working staff are involved with.

There is no substitution for hard work on the recruiting trail and by every indication Coach Anderson and his staff are hard workers.

For 2020 the only top 100 players we have pursued were Tabor and Curbelo. Both have local ties. The former staff struck out with every top 2019 prep prospect which is the main reason they are history. CMA will focus on 2021 for prep stars but will have to get a couple of ready for prime time transfers to be the top 5 of the conference next season. I'm hoping for two more serviceable players by summer so we can focus on a talented 2021 class. I think the laziness of the previous staff will impact the 2020 class unfortunately.
All characters and events depicted in this post are entirely fictitious. Any similarity to actual events or persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: MCNPA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Asst coach discussion 2 weeks 6 days ago #350802

• Chicago Days
  • Thank you received: 2546

Class of 72 wrote:

otis wrote: I can't wait for the summer recruiting season to start to read the increased number of top 100 ranked recruits Coach Mike Anderson and his hard working staff are involved with.

There is no substitution for hard work on the recruiting trail and by every indication Coach Anderson and his staff are hard workers.

For 2020 the only top 100 players we have pursued were Tabor and Curbelo. Both have local ties. The former staff struck out with every top 2019 prep prospect which is the main reason they are history. CMA will focus on 2021 for prep stars but will have to get a couple of ready for prime time transfers to be the top 5 of the conference next season. I'm hoping for two more serviceable players by summer so we can focus on a talented 2021 class. I think the laziness of the previous staff will impact the 2020 class unfortunately.

Hey ‘72, don’t be so glum.
I think Staff has circled a bundle of Top 2020 names, including a few 5*s which may be ‘reaches’, but a bunch of low - high 4*s as well, some Top 150 kids, and rising unranked guys.
And I bet the List grows and evolves with the Staff now fully formed.
We shall see, but here’s hoping...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank61, Sherman, Sheridan & Grant

Asst coach discussion 2 weeks 6 days ago #350804

• fordham96
  • Thank you received: 1745

Paultzman wrote: Zach B
St. John's is hriing Northwestern Florida State JUCO coach Steve Demeo to complete Mike Anderson's staff, according to sources. #sjubb

For those wondering if Zach would have another contact on the SJU staff after Matt left I think he has one...LOL!
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr, Frank61, Fred Solomon

Asst coach discussion 2 weeks 6 days ago #350807

• mjmaherjr
  • Thank you received: 3457
Solid hire. Love the experience of the staff. Hopefully the Iron Mike model of plugging in jucos and coaching them up continues along with high school kids. Most experienced staff we have had in a long time. A lot of grinders. Who knows how it translates into us landing big time kids but it wont be for lack of effort.

Looking forward to a bright future
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, Frank61, bamafan, Eric, Chicago Days

Asst coach discussion 2 weeks 6 days ago #350808

• Moose
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 2374
TJ's now following another PG

Mark Jackson

Oh wait.

Last edit: by Moose.

Asst coach discussion 2 weeks 6 days ago #350820

• gman
  • Thank you received: 596
I love this hire. I know some wanted Borman, but in this hire we get an all-around coach with head coaching/recruiting experience rather than a pipe dream of someone feeding us some elite AAU recruits.
The following user(s) said Thank You: otis, Class of 72

Asst coach discussion 2 weeks 6 days ago #350822

• firestorm
  • Thank you received: 176
Happy to welcome another experienced coach and recruiter to the staff.

Even happier that coach Anderson hasn't made a single misstep since the minute he was hired. He's made a point of putting his own stamp on the program early -- from the family values, building community ties, hiring a strong supporting cast and, above all, showing he's going to work his tail off.

Exciting times!
The following user(s) said Thank You: otis, Chicago Days

Asst coach discussion 2 weeks 6 days ago #350823

• MainMan
  • Thank you received: 275
College coaching experience:
Mullin: 0
Slice: 20
Matt: 10
St. Jean: 0
Mitch: 0
30 yrs

Anderson: 30
TJ: 15
Macon: 20
DeMeo: 25
90 yrs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, otis, Porgyman, Sherman, Sheridan & Grant, JohnnyFan, Anthony Mattia

Asst coach discussion 2 weeks 5 days ago #350832

• redken
  • Thank you received: 875

MainMan wrote: College coaching experience:
Mullin: 0
Slice: 20
Matt: 10
St. Jean: 0
Mitch: 0
30 yrs

Anderson: 30
TJ: 15
Macon: 20
DeMeo: 25
90 yrs.

Think you're being generous including Slice in the equation given how briefly he was here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Class of 72

Asst coach discussion 2 weeks 5 days ago #350833

• Anthony Mattia
  • Thank you received: 125
Very excited to see what our first real staff in quite a while can do! Go get 'em guys!

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight

Follow redmen.com on Twitter