Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: NBA Lottery

NBA Lottery 1 week 19 hours ago #349020

• Jack Williams
  • Jack Williams's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1183
I can’t sleep tonight because I am nervous for the lottery tomorrow night.

After duke took a dump on us this season I posted on here that I thought Zion was overrated and would be exposed in the nba going up against bigger players.

Well in the NCAA tournament I saw a bunch of duke 5 stars flame out while Zion single handedly got them to the elite eight and nearly the final four. He even started stepping out and hitting 3s against Michigan state.

I think he could be the savior. But the Knicks have to win the lotto. Get Zion and sign KD. Time for the Knicks to return
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank61, SigEpSJU09, NCJohnnie, Mike Zaun

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

NBA Lottery 1 week 14 hours ago #349031

• NCJohnnie
  • Thank you received: 3114
Desperate measures for desperate times.

nypost.com/2019/05/13/nba-draft-lottery-...and-zion-williamson/

Good luck to all of us crazy Knick fans!
The following user(s) said Thank You: buckethead

NBA Lottery 1 week 14 hours ago #349032

• Mike Zaun
  • Thank you received: 997
Is there a franchise in pro sports that needs a shot in the arm (Zion) as badly as the Knicks do? Knowing the Knicks, they almost certainly will not get the 1st pick. Watch it be 4 or 5. At that rate I'd probably just trade back. The last time the Knicks were 1st in draft was 1985, 4 years before I was born. I know the law of averages isn't real, but if it were you'd think the Knicks were totally overdue for it again. I felt this way when the Jets had a chance of drafting Reggie Bush. We need a New York team to get in the headlines again for the right reasons. MSG would be nothing short of a zoo with Zion, KD, Kyrie, etc. I pray the Knicks FINALLY get a break. Still kinda pissed LeBron passed on us in 2010. Enough with the Lakers they had their run. Time for the Knicks to get back to being a premier franchise.

Also, sounds like Kyrie and KD coming is very likely. Word is that Kyrie would never go to the Lakers to be under LeBron's shadow again and LeBron is fading anyway out of his prime. MSG is his best bet with KD. I'm also excited about the 1st rounders we got for KP. If we don't win the lottery maybe we can give up several 1st round picks and a few solid young players in a trade for Davis. Doubt it though because NOLA is asking way too much...essentially they want a bunch of 1st round picks and the entire team.

Last edit: by Mike Zaun.

NBA Lottery 1 week 14 hours ago #349033

• sjc88
  • Thank you received: 380
Don't lose sleep over it. We only have a 14% chance for the #1 pick. That’s not great.
Either way the Knicks seem to have finally gotten a clue. Flush with cap space and owning numerous #1 picks in the future they are in good position win or lose this years draft lottery. I do think people will become irrational say they end up at 5th. They have come this far and need to stay the course. Fingers crossed.

NBA Lottery 1 week 14 hours ago #349034

• Mike Zaun
  • Thank you received: 997

sjc88 wrote: Don't lose sleep over it. We only have a 14% chance for the #1 pick. That’s not great.
Either way the Knicks seem to have finally gotten a clue. Flush with cap space and owning numerous #1 picks in the future they are in good position win or lose this years draft lottery. I do think people will become irrational say they end up at 5th. They have come this far and need to stay the course. Fingers crossed.

I think they went too far with the lottery changes. While I totally understand their point in trying to prevent tanking, going from 25% to 14% is a massive change. They should implement something where within a 3 year window if they have a certain amount of losses or more, they have more like a 33% chance at the 1st pick to try and turn around losing cultures while still preventing tanking year to year. I think teams would be less likely to sacrifice 3 years of tanking vs. 1 while still giving hope to the worst teams.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew

NBA Lottery 1 week 12 hours ago #349036

• sjc88
  • Thank you received: 380

Mike Zaun wrote:

sjc88 wrote: Don't lose sleep over it. We only have a 14% chance for the #1 pick. That’s not great.

Agreed. I think the changes to the lottery were silly. Did it really stop the tanking? Knicks weren’t, the only ones doing it. They just did it better this year. I do think people will get too down if they don,t come up #1. They will be fine but the overreaction will be over the top. Like I said I have some faith for first time in a very long time they need to stay the course. No stupid trade of draft picks unless it totally benefits the Knicks. We’ll see. Hopefully we get lucky tonight but I am feeling positive either way.

I think they went too far with the lottery changes. While I totally understand their point in trying to prevent tanking, going from 25% to 14% is a massive change. They should implement something where within a 3 year window if they have a certain amount of losses or more, they have more like a 33% chance at the 1st pick to try and turn around losing cultures while still preventing tanking year to year. I think teams would be less likely to sacrifice 3 years of tanking vs. 1 while still giving hope to the worst teams.

Last edit: by sjc88.

NBA Lottery 1 week 11 hours ago #349037

• NCJohnnie
  • Thank you received: 3114
The idea that the Knicks have nearly a 50% (47.9%) chance to fall to the 5th pick really seems ridiculous imho. At least they can't fall below 5. I'm guessing #3 but we'll see...
The following user(s) said Thank You: bamafan, Andrew

NBA Lottery 1 week 11 hours ago #349039

• SJU14
  • Thank you received: 230

NCJohnnie wrote: The idea that the Knicks have nearly a 50% (47.9%) chance to fall to the 5th pick really seems ridiculous imho. At least they can't fall below 5. I'm guessing #3 but we'll see...

The top 2 picks are the money picks in this draft. There seems to be a big drop off after Zion and Ja

NBA Lottery 1 week 11 hours ago #349041

• SJU85
  • Thank you received: 448

SJU14 wrote:

NCJohnnie wrote: The idea that the Knicks have nearly a 50% (47.9%) chance to fall to the 5th pick really seems ridiculous imho. At least they can't fall below 5. I'm guessing #3 but we'll see...

The top 2 picks are the money picks in this draft. There seems to be a big drop off after Zion and Ja

I thinking it will be the No. 5 pick, the lowest pick they can get because, well, its the Knicks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmanwest

NBA Lottery 1 week 11 hours ago #349042

• SI1996
  • Thank you received: 197

SJU14 wrote:

Most articles I read give it a top 3 for money picks with confidence in Barrett which means the Knicks will be pick 4 or 5.

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight

Follow redmen.com on Twitter