Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Beilein to NBA

Beilein to Cavs 1 week 1 day ago #348843

  • Moose
  • Moose's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Posts: 9179
  • Thank you received: 2173
Wow talk about the start of a week

The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, SJU85, redken, jerseyshorejohnny, Frank61

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Beilein to NBA 1 week 1 day ago #348844

  • Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 22501
  • Thank you received: 12076
Michigan’s John Beilein has agreed to a five-year deal to become coach of the Cleveland Cavaliers, league sources tell ESPN.

The following user(s) said Thank You: SJUNC, Coaster

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Paultzman.

Beilein to Cavs 1 week 1 day ago #348850

  • Room112
  • Room112's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 2115
  • Thank you received: 888

Moose wrote: Wow talk about the start of a week


Big time shocker. I never took him for an NBA type.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SJU85, Delaware

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Beilein to Cavs 1 week 1 day ago #348854

  • fordham96
  • fordham96's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 1855
  • Thank you received: 1695

Room112 wrote:

Moose wrote: Wow talk about the start of a week


Big time shocker. I never took him for an NBA type.


Came thisclose to taking the Pistons job last year. Goodie made a good point. Mike Gansey who played for John at West Virginia is the Assistant GM in Cleveland.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Beilein to Cavs 1 week 1 day ago #348856

  • Moose
  • Moose's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Posts: 9179
  • Thank you received: 2173
Nate Oats has to be kicking himself he took a random SEC job.
The following user(s) said Thank You: L J S A, JohnnyFan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Beilein to Cavs 1 week 1 day ago #348857

  • SJU61982
  • SJU61982's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 3833
  • Thank you received: 781

fordham96 wrote:

Room112 wrote:

Moose wrote: Wow talk about the start of a week


Big time shocker. I never took him for an NBA type.


Came thisclose to taking the Pistons job last year. Goodie made a good point. Mike Gansey who played for John at West Virginia is the Assistant GM in Cleveland.


3 possibilities here, beyond the obvious financial gain.

1. If you look at his career, John kind of was the closest thing to Larry Brown in the college game. He never stayed at one place very long. Michigan was his longest run, I believe

2. He's pulling a Pete Carroll, and getting out before something previously unknown to the public comes down at Michigan (unlikely)

or:

3. The total opposite of #2. The recent trials have shown what a cesspool college recruiting really is. John has a reputation of not diving into that pool. With the trials not having changed the status quo too much, John might feel it is time to get away, before he has to sell his soul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Beilein to Cavs 1 week 1 day ago #348858

  • Moose
  • Moose's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Posts: 9179
  • Thank you received: 2173

SJU61982 wrote:

fordham96 wrote:

Room112 wrote:

Moose wrote: Wow talk about the start of a week


Big time shocker. I never took him for an NBA type.


Came thisclose to taking the Pistons job last year. Goodie made a good point. Mike Gansey who played for John at West Virginia is the Assistant GM in Cleveland.


3 possibilities here, beyond the obvious financial gain.

1. If you look at his career, John kind of was the closest thing to Larry Brown in the college game. He never stayed at one place very long. Michigan was his longest run, I believe

2. He's pulling a Pete Carroll, and getting out before something previously unknown to the public comes down at Michigan (unlikely)

or:

3. The total opposite of #2. The recent trials have shown what a cesspool college recruiting really is. John has a reputation of not diving into that pool. With the trials not having changed the status quo too much, John might feel it is time to get away, before he has to sell his soul.


Or he's 66 and doesn't want a 12 month job like college and went for one last pay day.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, Paultzman, AlBovino, SJU85, redken, Frank61, panther2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Beilein to Cavs 1 week 1 day ago #348862

  • Mike Zaun
  • Mike Zaun's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 1751
  • Thank you received: 997
Michigan fans are in shock and they're all in a state of panic. I can only wish to one day be so upset over a coach leaving our program! Would mean we are actually relevant.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Beilein to Cavs 1 week 1 day ago #348868

  • Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 22501
  • Thank you received: 12076

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Beilein to Cavs 1 week 1 day ago #348869

  • fordham96
  • fordham96's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 1855
  • Thank you received: 1695
Do they make a run at Thad Matta?

Or is this the time Gregg Marshall leaves Wichita St.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Class of 72

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight

Follow redmen.com on Twitter