Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Welcome back LJ Figueroa

LJ Figueroa Status 2 months 4 weeks ago #346053

• JohnnyFan
  • Thank you received: 2027

Moose wrote: If he transfers he will only get to play 1 year. He will have exhausted eligibility after his 1st playing year at another school.

You lost me on this. Why would he lose a year of playing eligibility?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

LJ Figueroa Status 2 months 4 weeks ago #346054

• oldschool Redmen
  • Thank you received: 566

Chicago Days wrote:

fordham96 wrote: I'm missing something why is what Slater wrote a shot at CMA?

Andrew Slater @Andrew__Slater
It depends on the ex-Arkansas coach. He’s brought in his nephew to start. Hsu has the leverage. twitter.com/bags232/status…

23 Apr 2019 11:24
How is referring to CMA and TJC in the above tweet NOT a shot?
Seriously?
"...depends on the ex-Arkansas coach...he brought in his nephew to start...Hsu has the leverage."
A Hollywood script is 'sold' on no more than 8 words to frame a concept.
Above you have the shot at both our HC and a legitimate AC and HC in-the-making and the reference to the 'struggle' vis-a-vis Hsu.
It's obvious, man.

hahaha that is funny.
Hsu doesn't have shit. Why does he have leverage? Because if SJU don't hire him then LJ will go to wku?
lol, there is no one person bigger then the team, LJ better realize that.
If he don't then oh well good bye.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank61

Last edit: by oldschool Redmen.

LJ Figueroa Status 2 months 4 weeks ago #346055

• richard A Steinfeld
  • Thank you received: 720

Boo Harvey wrote:

Moose wrote: If he transfers he will only get to play 1 year. He will have exhausted eligibility after his 1st playing year at another school.

I don’t think he plans on playing more than one year at most, regardless.

If he transfers will have to sit a year. Hence 2 years for him to get 1 more year of college bb. Doesn’t make sense,

Last edit: by richard A Steinfeld.

LJ Figueroa Status 2 months 4 weeks ago #346056

• Moose
  • Thank you received: 2533

JohnnyFan wrote:

I take that back. I thought he played one year at JUCO but did two academic years there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JohnnyFan

Last edit: by Moose.

LJ Figueroa Status 2 months 4 weeks ago #346057

• fordham96
  • Thank you received: 1772

JohnnyFan wrote:

You get 5 years to complete 4 is the general rule. Remember he sat 1st year at New Mexico St. (that is his redshirt year). He then played 1 year of JUCO and 1 year at SJU. That is 3 years of college. If he transfers and sits next year that is 4 years. Therefore his 5th year, 2020-21, will technically be his last year of eligibility even though he will have only played basketball in 3 of those years. He would have to petition the NCAA for a 6th year. That can be granted but normally that is granted due to injury.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank61, bamafan

Last edit: by fordham96.

LJ Figueroa Status 2 months 4 weeks ago #346058

• knockout_ned
  • Thank you received: 27

fordham96 wrote:

JohnnyFan wrote:

You get 5 years to complete 4 is the general rule. Remember he sat 1st year at New Mexico (that is his redshirt year). He then played 1 year of JUCO and 1 year at SJU. That is 3 years of college. If he transfers and sits next year that is 4 years. Therefore his 5th year, 2020-21, will technically be his last year of eligibility even though he will have only played basketball in 3 of those years. He would have to petition the NCAA for a 6th year. That can be granted but normally that is granted due to injury.

And he’s 21 now right? Normal senior age. He xfers and sits out a year he would be 23 for draft....I can’t see him doing that.

LJ Figueroa Status 2 months 4 weeks ago #346059

• JohnnyFan

fordham96 wrote:

JohnnyFan wrote:

You get 5 years to complete 4 is the general rule. Remember he sat 1st year at New Mexico (that is his redshirt year). He then played 1 year of JUCO and 1 year at SJU. That is 3 years of college. If he transfers and sits next year that is 4 years. Therefore his 5th year, 2020-21, will technically be his last year of eligibility even though he will have only played basketball in 3 of those years. He would have to petition the NCAA for a 6th year. That can be granted but normally that is granted due to injury.

Actually, this is a unique situation. Figueroa enrolled at NMSU for the spring semester only. To your point, he did not play basketball there. But, does that one semester count as a full year or a half year? It may not count at all, or he may very well be granted a waiver.

Last edit: by JohnnyFan.

LJ Figueroa Status 2 months 4 weeks ago #346060

• Moose
  • Thank you received: 2533

fordham96 wrote:

JohnnyFan wrote:

I need more sleep. Should have trusted initial gut feeling ha
The following user(s) said Thank You: bamafan

LJ Figueroa Status 2 months 4 weeks ago #346062

• JohnnyFan
N/M
Attachments:

Last edit: by JohnnyFan.

LJ Figueroa Status 2 months 4 weeks ago #346063

• fordham96
  • Thank you received: 1772

JohnnyFan wrote:

fordham96 wrote:

JohnnyFan wrote:

Actually, this is a unique situation. Figueroa enrolled at NMSU for the spring semester only. To your point, he did not play basketball there. But, does that one semester count as a full year or a half year? It may not count at all, or he may very well be granted a waiver.

Of course it counts as a year. If he played in 1 game even in the 2nd semester regardless of whether he enrolled only in 2nd semester he would have burned that year of playing eligibility.

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight

Follow redmen.com on Twitter