Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Welcome back LJ Figueroa

LJ Figueroa Status 2 months 4 weeks ago #346040

• JohnnyFan
  • Thank you received: 2027
Every once in a while, you get a player that perfectly fits what you want your team's identity to be. And, every once in a while, you get a player who plays like winning is life or death.

LJ is perfect for St. John's.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, Frank61, Amaseinyourface, Chicago Days, Dan V

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by JohnnyFan.

LJ Figueroa Status 2 months 4 weeks ago #346043

• Chicago Days
  • Thank you received: 2551

fordham96 wrote: I'm missing something why is what Slater wrote a shot at CMA?

Andrew Slater @Andrew__Slater
It depends on the ex-Arkansas coach. He’s brought in his nephew to start. Hsu has the leverage. twitter.com/bags232/status…

23 Apr 2019 11:24
How is referring to CMA and TJC in the above tweet NOT a shot?
Seriously?
"...depends on the ex-Arkansas coach...he brought in his nephew to start...Hsu has the leverage."
A Hollywood script is 'sold' on no more than 8 words to frame a concept.
Above you have the shot at both our HC and a legitimate AC and HC in-the-making and the reference to the 'struggle' vis-a-vis Hsu.
It's obvious, man.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SJU85, Amaseinyourface

LJ Figueroa Status 2 months 4 weeks ago #346045

• Class of 72
  • Thank you received: 3007
If Figueroa transfers to sit a year at WKU then he is not as smart as we think he is. If Matt leaving left him bitter then see ya. If he was dedicated to Mully I could understand. Coach Anderson needs to re-recruit him. If he chooses to leave then we move on. I would just trust the new coach with hiring the right team if assistants and go from there. Although the last half of the season was terrible for him imo the best talent on the team would be Mustapha Heron and not Figueroa. If Figueroa's handler is playing a game then it's best we find an adequate replacement for Figueroa.
All characters and events depicted in this post are entirely fictitious. Any similarity to actual events or persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank61, rawdognyc, MITStorm, Chicago Days

LJ Figueroa Status 2 months 4 weeks ago #346046

• Chicago Days
  • Thank you received: 2551

JohnnyFan wrote: Every once in a while, you get a player that perfectly fits what you want your team's identity to be. And, every once in a while, you get a player who plays like winning is life or death.

LJ is perfect for St. John's.

Yeah, LJ is a perfect player for us. He wasn't used 'to perfection' in our 'system' last year which sometimes 'for good and other times for bad' operated on episodes of 'hero ball'.
Ironically, I think he would be a perfect piece in CMA's system.
But you hit on it JohnnyFan. For some reason, he doesn't seem 'comfortable' with our new coach.
Dunno if it's 'loyalty' to Hsu who may not be slated for an AC spot here after all.
Otherwise, why wouldn't he have stepped back toying with leaving, like Greg Jr., Roberts, Keita, and probably Heron have?
I hope he stays but it's not looking good.
I do wish the kid luck.
Another heavy 'sigh' experience as a Johnnie fan.
But onto the future.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank61, JohnnyFan

LJ Figueroa Status 2 months 4 weeks ago #346047

• bamafan
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1580

Logen wrote:

Paultzman wrote: Zach B
Arkansas visit expected within the next week, per source. Miami and Georgia are potential visits. #sjubb

Musselman brutally effective at transfer game

Frankly, a little surprising unless he has an immediately eligible card to play. Not sure if his family still lives in Massachusetts but not sure what that would possibly be.

Maybe the card Figgy will play is that he doesn't get along with his family and wants to get farther away from them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman

LJ Figueroa Status 2 months 4 weeks ago #346048

• ErickTheRed
  • Thank you received: 65
Who would you rather have for one more year Heron or LJ, tough call. I’ll tske the one that wants to be here

LJ Figueroa Status 2 months 4 weeks ago #346049

• RedStormRising2
  • Thank you received: 217

bamafan wrote:

Logen wrote:

Paultzman wrote: Zach B
Arkansas visit expected within the next week, per source. Miami and Georgia are potential visits. #sjubb

Musselman brutally effective at transfer game

Frankly, a little surprising unless he has an immediately eligible card to play. Not sure if his family still lives in Massachusetts but not sure what that would possibly be.

Maybe the card Figgy will play is that he doesn't get along with his family and wants to get farther away from them.

The best excuse I heard for a waiver was herb pope. He wanted to be closer to his family, but not too close because his family lived in a dangerous neighborhood.

Anyway LJ is testing the waters. He gets to go on recruiting visits again. They seem fun. MA job along with coaching basketball, hiring assistants, filling a roster, fund raising will also be re-recruiting LJ. Oh and this is just his first week. Nobody said it was going to be easy.

LJ Figueroa Status 2 months 4 weeks ago #346050

• richard A Steinfeld
  • Thank you received: 720
This maybe a double loss. Might lose LJ and not get Hsu.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redken

LJ Figueroa Status 2 months 4 weeks ago #346051

• Moose
  • Thank you received: 2533
If he transfers he will only get to play 1 year. He will have exhausted eligibility after his 1st playing year at another school.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, Room112, Paultzman, Frank61, Tommy O 54

LJ Figueroa Status 2 months 4 weeks ago #346052

• Boo Harvey
  • Thank you received: 227

Moose wrote: If he transfers he will only get to play 1 year. He will have exhausted eligibility after his 1st playing year at another school.

I don’t think he plans on playing more than one year at most, regardless.

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight

Follow redmen.com on Twitter