Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Welcome back LJ Figueroa

LJ Figueroa Status 2 months 4 weeks ago #346029

• Room112
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 905

fordham96 wrote: I'm missing something why is what Slater wrote a shot at CMA?

So you don't find it disrespectful to refer to someone by a job they got let go from, instead of their current job? Interesting.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

LJ Figueroa Status 2 months 4 weeks ago #346030

• Redman#13
  • Thank you received: 64
its really crazy how everyone jumps to conclusions without any facts
The following user(s) said Thank You: Happy, Sherman, Sheridan & Grant

LJ Figueroa Status 2 months 4 weeks ago #346031

• SJ_NYC
  • Thank you received: 168
Maybe LJ is just taking a free trip!
:-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank61, Coaster

LJ Figueroa Status 2 months 4 weeks ago #346032

• stjohnnie75
  • Thank you received: 238
See ya!

LJ Figueroa Status 2 months 4 weeks ago #346033

• fordham96
  • Thank you received: 1772

Room112 wrote:

fordham96 wrote: I'm missing something why is what Slater wrote a shot at CMA?

So you don't find it disrespectful to refer to someone by a job they got let go from, instead of their current job? Interesting.

Or I think of the 10k things on Twitter sometimes people spend their time being overly sensitive about 1 tweet.

Furthermore are people more angry about the tweet or about the fact that they all thought LJ was not transferring and now he is visiting schools? Something Slater has nothing to do with. Next time Slater tweets positive news about SJU lets ignore him.

How many times did people come on this board crying over a Jeff Goodman tweet about Chris Mullin over the last 4 years? Sorry I could care less. None of that changes who the coach is nor what the situation is.
The following user(s) said Thank You: buckethead, Redman#13

LJ Figueroa Status 2 months 4 weeks ago #346035

• Sherman, Sheridan & Grant
  • Thank you received: 845
Like others, I hope LJ stays - it’s in his and our interests.
With or without LJ however, we will play the season of 2019-20 with a new coach, new staff, newish AD and new roster of some current and some new additions. And a new much improved atmosphere and direction.
I’m fine with letting this play out - it’s out of our control - what LJ decides to do.
All the best.
The following user(s) said Thank You: buckethead, Frank61, MITStorm

LJ Figueroa Status 2 months 4 weeks ago #346036

• Dan V
  • Thank you received: 304
As much as I like Figueroa, CMA needs to hire a staff he is comfortable with. After the Slice situation we dont need any issues with assistants. Coach will build a program with or without LJ; no need to hire a guy he doenst want to keep one kid on board. Dont like this Hsu guy if he is trying to weasel his way in, im sure he isnt that good or he wouldnt be at WKU, plenty recruiters out there.

LJ Figueroa Status 2 months 4 weeks ago #346037

• stjohnnie75
  • Thank you received: 238

Dan V wrote: As much as I like Figueroa, CMA needs to hire a staff he is comfortable with. After the Slice situation we dont need any issues with assistants. Coach will build a program with or without LJ; no need to hire a guy he doenst want to keep one kid on board. Dont like this Hsu guy if he is trying to weasel his way in, im sure he isnt that good or he wouldnt be at WKU, plenty recruiters out there.

If Hsu hasn’t received an offer from St. John’s then he had every right to pursue a very talented player that he knows. It’s pretty common sense to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Happy, Paultzman, SJU85, Frank61

LJ Figueroa Status 2 months 4 weeks ago #346038

• SJUNC
  • Thank you received: 111
My guess is anyone who wants to play games with Coach Anderson at this point, be it prospective coach or potential returning player, will have a tough time winning. He is in a honeymoon period and needs to make long term decisions.

LJ Figueroa Status 2 months 4 weeks ago #346039

• Dan V
  • Thank you received: 304

stjohnnie75 wrote:

Dan V wrote: As much as I like Figueroa, CMA needs to hire a staff he is comfortable with. After the Slice situation we dont need any issues with assistants. Coach will build a program with or without LJ; no need to hire a guy he doenst want to keep one kid on board. Dont like this Hsu guy if he is trying to weasel his way in, im sure he isnt that good or he wouldnt be at WKU, plenty recruiters out there.

If Hsu hasn’t received an offer from St. John’s then he had every right to pursue a very talented player that he knows. It’s pretty common sense to me.

Absolutely, i was referring to the idea that he is using LJ as "leverage" to in a sense force CMAs hand at giving him a job. Outside of that the man is just doing his job.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stjohnnie75, Redman#13

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight

Follow redmen.com on Twitter