Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Mike Anderson

Mike Anderson 1 month 3 days ago #344220

• Logen
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 822

simplyred wrote:

Monte wrote: I know beggars can’t be choosers, but I’m having a very hard time getting excited over a guy who just got fired and who I anticipate will, and hope will, get us back to a Lavinesque level. Just not feelin it.

Didn’t the Browns fire Belichick?

Many examples on both ends of that spectrum. That’s why it is vital that the interviewers are knowledgeable of subject, judging people, interviewing, etc. There are tons of examples of “can’t miss” hires missing, sometimes because that are over-rated, sometimes because they are just not given enough time. Shaka Smart is getting in that grey area now, more time or bust? Jay Wright was there for sure, MANY Nova people yelled for his head; they didn’t prevail and well, the rest is history. You really don’t know until you know.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mike Anderson 1 month 3 days ago #344328

• RyGuyRedStorm
  • Thank you received: 44
If after this debacle and embarrassment, we still come out with a Mike Andersen as our coach, I will breathe a very large sigh of relief.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Massell, redmannorth, Room112, Moose, MJDinkins, richard A Steinfeld, L J S A, NCJohnnie

Mike Anderson 1 month 3 days ago #344337

• P Simmons
  • Thank you received: 183
Jon Rothstein
‏Verified account @JonRothstein
37m37 minutes ago

Sources: Yale's James Jones, Paul Hewitt, and former Arkansas head coach Mike Anderson have now all emerged as candidates for the head coaching vacancy at St. John's. All three had dialogue with the school today. No timetable for a final decision. #SJUBB

Mike Anderson 1 month 3 days ago #344344

• Paultzman
  • Thank you received: 12076
Per Rubin, Anderson paid for dinner:

St. John's docket for the coaching search today included former Arkansas coach Mike Anderson in the evening. #sjubb
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, Patrick C ripdumaine, NCJohnnie

Mike Anderson 1 month 3 days ago #344352

• Paultzman
  • Thank you received: 12076
#SJUBB Mike Anderson, no question.Over his 17 seasons as a HC, He has a 369–200 record, 11 20-wins, 9 NCAAs, two Sweet 16s and a Elite Eight. He is one of just 4 D I head coaches with 15+ years of experience and no losing seasons, along with Mark Few, Tom Izzo and Roy Williams.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Sherman, Sheridan & Grant, Chicago Days, NCJohnnie

Mike Anderson 1 month 3 days ago #344364

• SJUhoopNUT
  • Thank you received: 45
Clearly the best of whats left. We'd be lucky to get him at this point.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Class of 72

Mike Anderson 1 month 3 days ago #344365

• Class of 72
  • Thank you received: 2925

Paultzman wrote: Per Rubin, Anderson paid for dinner:

St. John's docket for the coaching search today included former Arkansas coach Mike Anderson in the evening. #sjubb

Then it's a done deal. Welcome aboard coach Anderson.
All characters and events depicted in this post are entirely fictitious. Any similarity to actual events or persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. 

Mike Anderson 1 month 3 days ago #344366

• Moose
  • Thank you received: 2173

P Simmons wrote: Jon Rothstein
‏Verified account @JonRothstein
37m37 minutes ago

Sources: Yale's James Jones, Paul Hewitt, and former Arkansas head coach Mike Anderson have now all emerged as candidates for the head coaching vacancy at St. John's. All three had dialogue with the school today. No timetable for a final decision. #SJUBB

This shouldn't even be a discussion. Let's go. Anderson and thank god we came out halfway decent
The following user(s) said Thank You: Section3, Paultzman, OLV72, MJDinkins, Class of 72

Mike Anderson 1 month 3 days ago #344367

• mattc
  • Thank you received: 417
Anderson is clearly the best candidate remaining. So obviously we'll hire Hewitt or Jones.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bamafan, L J S A, Dan V

Mike Anderson 1 month 3 days ago #344368

• Moose
  • Thank you received: 2173
Give me Rasheen on staff and it will look even better
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, Paultzman, Class of 72, L J S A, Patrick C ripdumaine, Chicago Days

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight

Follow redmen.com on Twitter