Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Mike Anderson

Mike Anderson 3 months 4 days ago #343928

• MJDinkins
  • Thank you received: 1584

Classof2010 wrote: This not Craggs hire he is out of here.

Anderson is a solid candidate. I'm assuming you're still surmising this is solely based on hiring a black coach at all costs, right?
The topic has been locked.

Mike Anderson 3 months 4 days ago #343929

• NCJohnnie
  • Thank you received: 3350
Been to the NCAA 3 times with 3 different teams and won a tourney game or two with all three of them. He'd be a dream hire for us as far as I'm concerned; still daring to dream!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank61

Mike Anderson 3 months 4 days ago #343931

• SJUNC
  • Thank you received: 111
Pulled up Donovan too !
The following user(s) said Thank You: IDRAFT, L J S A

Mike Anderson 3 months 4 days ago #343932

• P Simmons
  • Thank you received: 183

SJU61982 wrote:

P Simmons wrote:

SJU61982 wrote: Yeah, this guy falls under the category of "no way in hell would I support him" at this time last week, but is someone who is looking pretty good now.

Pretty much how most of you on here feel about Cluess (although, you all know I supported his candidacy from the start).

Never felt that way about Cluess and don’t know how you could put someone like Anderson in the category of “would have never supported him.”

Well, that was over the top. It was for point of emphasis. I just meant that, if his name was floated last week, I would have rolled my eyes, and thought that maybe we could have done better. I mean, the guy was just fired last month. That would have been a definite turn-off for me, in the beginning (although Arkansas is another program that thinks they're much bigger then they are - that program really was Nolan Richardson. Hasn't been the same there, since he was forced out).

And, I didn't mean you specifically WRT to Cluess. There were, however, many fans on here who were opposed to hiring him, when the search first started.

Got it. But for the record, I was never in favor of Cluess. Not a knock on him personally.

Anyway, let’s hope the admin can pull a rabbit out of the hat with a hire like Anderson.

Mike Anderson 3 months 4 days ago #343933

• kranmars
  • Thank you received: 629

Moose wrote:

kranmars wrote: Candidates like Anderson are reasons why you leave a competent AD, like Cragg alone.

And let's face it, this is Cragg doing his best to find hope among the wreckage. I am guessing here, but I doubt the other two would know anything about Anderson.

Maybe a solid move like this, is the first sign that the BOT actually took notes from the Repole interview, and they are allowing Cragg to do the work he was hired to do.

Here's to hope.

Well Oliva does watch the NCAA tournament. He saw Moser last year. I guess he didn't watch this year.

That is good. Because SJU should turn their focus on recently fired coaches anyway, because even mid-major coaches are going to be gun shy now.

Mike Anderson 3 months 4 days ago #343934

• Classof2010
  • Thank you received: 1
I like Mike Anderson but, administration knows that this only way they don’t get criticized by the media. The only PR move that would be better is Pitino. Mike Anderson is more than qualified, but this has Nothing to do with his record.

Mike Anderson 3 months 4 days ago #343935

• Amaseinyourface
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 799

Classof2010 wrote: I like Mike Anderson but, administration knows that this only way they don’t get criticized by the media. The only PR move that would be better is Pitino. Mike Anderson is more than qualified, but this has Nothing to do with his record.

Mike Anderson has been a winner everywhere he’s coached. If that’s the case, then good for them and us. Hopefully he hasn’t had power or access to twitter the last 24 hours.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, redmanwest, MJDinkins, we are sju, L J S A, JohnnyFan, NCJohnnie

Mike Anderson 3 months 4 days ago #343937

• Section9
  • Thank you received: 377
No matter who we hire, short of Pitino, next year is going to be a disaster. This will give Anderson a year to establish himself in the area. If he hires a strong well respected recruiter who has ties to north east area programs we could be OK. I'm all in for this guy, lets hope the stumblebums don't screw this up too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, redmanwest

Mike Anderson 3 months 4 days ago #343938

• we are sju
  • Thank you received: 762
This seems too good to actually work out for us.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaseinyourface, JohnnyFan

Mike Anderson 3 months 4 days ago #343940

• ZanMan
  • Thank you received: 45

kranmars wrote:

Moose wrote:

kranmars wrote: Candidates like Anderson are reasons why you leave a competent AD, like Cragg alone.

And let's face it, this is Cragg doing his best to find hope among the wreckage. I am guessing here, but I doubt the other two would know anything about Anderson.

Maybe a solid move like this, is the first sign that the BOT actually took notes from the Repole interview, and they are allowing Cragg to do the work he was hired to do.

Here's to hope.

Well Oliva does watch the NCAA tournament. He saw Moser last year. I guess he didn't watch this year.

That is good. Because SJU should turn their focus on recently fired coaches anyway, because even mid-major coaches are going to be gun shy now.

Does that also include recently/future fired NBA assistants? Just saying.
Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight

Follow redmen.com on Twitter