Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Mike Anderson

Mike Anderson 3 months 4 days ago #343915

• Moose
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 2537

kranmars wrote: Candidates like Anderson are reasons why you leave a competent AD, like Cragg alone.

And let's face it, this is Cragg doing his best to find hope among the wreckage. I am guessing here, but I doubt the other two would know anything about Anderson.

Maybe a solid move like this, is the first sign that the BOT actually took notes from the Repole interview, and they are allowing Cragg to do the work he was hired to do.

Here's to hope.

Well Oliva does watch the NCAA tournament. He saw Moser last year. I guess he didn't watch this year.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kranmars, L J S A
The topic has been locked.

Mike Anderson 3 months 4 days ago #343916

• P Simmons
  • Thank you received: 183

SJU61982 wrote: Yeah, this guy falls under the category of "no way in hell would I support him" at this time last week, but is someone who is looking pretty good now.

Pretty much how most of you on here feel about Cluess (although, you all know I supported his candidacy from the start).

Never felt that way about Cluess and don’t know how you could put someone like Anderson in the category of “would have never supported him.”
The following user(s) said Thank You: MJDinkins
Last edit: by P Simmons.

Mike Anderson 3 months 4 days ago #343917

• MJDinkins
  • Thank you received: 1584

SJU1512 wrote: Per Wikipedia:

"Anderson is one of just 4 current Division I head coaches with 15+ years of experience and no losing seasons, along with Mark Few, Tom Izzo and Roy Williams."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Anderson_(basketball)

We could change that for him pretty quickly :)

Ha! Honestly, I think you'd see kids stay on board, if he accepts the job.

I once had a brief conversation with him at the Peach Jam. Seems like a pretty, cool dude, and a personality that resonates well with most kids.

Agree, mkras..... The heck with those local shysters.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kranmars, Paultzman, L J S A, JohnnyFan, P Simmons, NCJohnnie

Mike Anderson 3 months 4 days ago #343918

• Matty Hoops
  • Thank you received: 98
I'll take him.

Mike Anderson 3 months 4 days ago #343920

• Classof2010
  • Thank you received: 1
This not Craggs hire he is out of here.

Mike Anderson 3 months 4 days ago #343921

• MainMan
  • Thank you received: 297
"Anderson was paid $2.55 million annually before bonuses, which ranked 39th in the latest USA Today database of basketball coaching salaries....."

www.arkansasonline.com/news/2019/mar/26/...ball-coach/?breaking

Mike Anderson 3 months 4 days ago #343923

• SJU1512
  • Thank you received: 527

MJDinkins wrote:

SJU1512 wrote: Per Wikipedia:

"Anderson is one of just 4 current Division I head coaches with 15+ years of experience and no losing seasons, along with Mark Few, Tom Izzo and Roy Williams."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Anderson_(basketball)

We could change that for him pretty quickly :)

Ha! Honestly, I think you'd see kids stay on board, if he accepts the job.

I once had a brief conversation with him at the Peach Jam. Seems like a pretty, cool dude, and a personality that resonates well with most kids.

Agree, mkras..... The heck with those local shysters.

Oh, I agree completely re: Anderson MJD. An incredible candidate for any program generally. At this particular juncture for SJU would seem more like a walk-off grand slam down 3 with 2 outs in a Game 7 if he gets hired!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, MJDinkins
Last edit: by SJU1512.

Mike Anderson 3 months 4 days ago #343924

• DoodyNY33
  • Thank you received: 171

SJU61982 wrote: Yeah, this guy falls under the category of "no way in hell would I support him" at this time last week, but is someone who is looking pretty good now.

Pretty much how most of you on here feel about Cluess (although, you all know I supported his candidacy from the start).

UAB winning %: .685
Missouri winning %: .661
Arkansas winning %: .624

No way in hell would you support him?

Mike Anderson 3 months 4 days ago #343925

• SJU61982
  • Thank you received: 796

P Simmons wrote:

Never felt that way about Cluess and don’t know how you could put someone like Anderson in the category of “would have never supported him.”

Well, that was over the top. It was for point of emphasis. I just meant that, if his name was floated last week, I would have rolled my eyes, and thought that maybe we could have done better. I mean, the guy was just fired last month. That would have been a definite turn-off for me, in the beginning (although Arkansas is another program that thinks they're much bigger then they are - that program really was Nolan Richardson. Hasn't been the same there, since he was forced out).

And, I didn't mean you specifically WRT to Cluess. There were, however, many fans on here who were opposed to hiring him, when the search first started.
Last edit: by SJU61982.

Mike Anderson 3 months 4 days ago #343926

• SJUNC
  • Thank you received: 111
I wonder if I am being hacked because I pulled up his wiki page yesterday to learn more about his past.

Just in case I am pulling up Pitino right now.
Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight

Follow redmen.com on Twitter