Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Mike Anderson

Welcome Damien Sears 2 months 1 week ago #349094

• Moose
  • Thank you received: 2533

Chicago Days wrote: Having been snake-bitten for most of the past 2 decades, I understand and fully support the skepticism of some St. John's fans about our recent hire of HC Mike Anderson.
Nothing I've read has violated civility or 'balance', on either side of the 'hire'.
Opinions differ.
That's fine.
Let's communicate, avoid accusations. and chill...

You strike me as someone who enjoyed the late 60's and early 70's. True or false?
The following user(s) said Thank You: SJUNC, Frank61, Sherman, Sheridan & Grant, Logen
The topic has been locked.

Welcome Damien Sears 2 months 1 week ago #349101

• Sherman, Sheridan & Grant
  • Thank you received: 845

Spocky Ramone wrote:

Brellstorm wrote: Shamel Grant related to Tyrone?

Or Shermansheridanand?

My Dearest Spocky R -
he's no relative of mine, I can assure you lol
but I wish him well!
I wonder if we have had prior walk-ons who actually contributed in games not just in practice?
Ulysses Grant
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank61

Welcome Damien Sears 2 months 1 week ago #349128

• Chicago Days
  • Thank you received: 2551

Moose wrote:

Chicago Days wrote: Having been snake-bitten for most of the past 2 decades, I understand and fully support the skepticism of some St. John's fans about our recent hire of HC Mike Anderson.
Nothing I've read has violated civility or 'balance', on either side of the 'hire'.
Opinions differ.
That's fine.

You strike me as someone who enjoyed the late 60's and early 70's. True or false?

Well Moose, truth be told, I guess my 'sweet & sour' spot--some good/some bad--were those decades, yes. Lol.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moose

Welcome Damien Sears 2 months 1 week ago #349129

• OhioFan
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 273

Moose wrote:

Opinions differ.
That's fine.

There are a lot of us that did that Moose. We just can't remember everything about it.
Ubi Caritas, Where charity and love are, God is there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SJU85, Moose, Frank61, NCJohnnie

Mike Anderson 2 months 1 week ago #349130

• Frank61
  • Thank you received: 348
How about the late '50's to the early70's?

Mike Anderson 2 months 1 week ago #349141

• Mike Zaun
  • Thank you received: 1049
No one dislikes Mullin. Like someone else said, the reason we were all so frustrated is because we love him and he's a legend from our program...but somehow he did not put anywhere near the effort needed into the gig. I remember someone hearing a rumor that he felt he was "doing us a favor" rather than being totally into it. Whether true or not, that certainly showed with the lack of effort and incompetent staff construction.
The following user(s) said Thank You: isham, sjc88

Mike Anderson 2 months 1 week ago #349163

• MCNPA
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1320

Mike Zaun wrote: No one dislikes Mullin. Like someone else said, the reason we were all so frustrated is because we love him and he's a legend from our program...but somehow he did not put anywhere near the effort needed into the gig. I remember someone hearing a rumor that he felt he was "doing us a favor" rather than being totally into it. Whether true or not, that certainly showed with the lack of effort and incompetent staff construction.

Totally correct. Everybody loves Mullin. He’s just not a college coach and wasn’t willing nor able to build the staff nor put in the recruiting it takes for sustained success. I’m glad he went out with an ncaa tourney appearance and a decent season and cut bait there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: billthetruth, redmannorth, redken, MarkRedman

Mike Anderson 2 months 1 week ago #349174

• MarkRedman
  • Thank you received: 1267
Mullin just wasn't suited to be a HC at the college level
But his image remains intact - he will always be loved and revered by the SJU faithful

Mike Anderson 2 months 1 week ago #349178

• firestorm
  • Thank you received: 179

MarkRedman wrote: Mullin just wasn't suited to be a HC at the college level
But his image remains intact - he will always be loved and revered by the SJU faithful

100 percent agree with this.

Chris's tenure didn't follow the path anybody wanted. It takes a special kind of drive to be successful as a college basketball coach. Chris had that as a player, but it's a different game running the program.

Still, I"m grateful that he put his name and reputation on the line for St. John's. That's a true Johnny, right to the core...

Mike Anderson 2 months 1 week ago #349205

• Moon Mullen
  • Thank you received: 73

firestorm wrote:

MarkRedman wrote: Mullin just wasn't suited to be a HC at the college level

100 percent agree with this.

Chris's tenure didn't follow the path anybody wanted. It takes a special kind of drive to be successful as a college basketball coach. Chris had that as a player, but it's a different game running the program.

Still, I"m grateful that he put his name and reputation on the line for St. John's. That's a true Johnny, right to the core...

I still believe that if his wife didn’t head back to the west coast after a year, things may have gone differently.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AlBovino, Frank61
Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight

Follow redmen.com on Twitter