Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Where is the mystery candidate?

New Coach 3 months 1 week ago #341331

  • Moose
  • Moose's Avatar
  • Away
  • Posts: 9452
  • Thank you received: 2538

Marillac wrote:

Johnnie Drama wrote:

Paultzman wrote:

William T. Cicio wrote: Anyone know why Mark Jackson's name hasan't popped up? He did a good job for the Warriors and handed Steve Kerr a team that was on the rise.

Zero relationship with the school


Am I mistaken or is this a common theme?


What would you expect with a new coach every four years and no administrators in the a.d. that last?


No administrators that last????
Half the place has been there since I was a freshman. That's 20 years. And they were there long before that too.
While the coaches and AD's have changed the same people have been there FOREVER.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New Coach 3 months 1 week ago #341333

  • Marillac
  • Marillac's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 5645
  • Thank you received: 1198

Moose wrote:

Marillac wrote:

Johnnie Drama wrote:

Paultzman wrote:

William T. Cicio wrote: Anyone know why Mark Jackson's name hasan't popped up? He did a good job for the Warriors and handed Steve Kerr a team that was on the rise.

Zero relationship with the school


Am I mistaken or is this a common theme?


What would you expect with a new coach every four years and no administrators in the a.d. that last?


No administrators that last????
Half the place has been there since I was a freshman. That's 20 years. And they were there long before that too.
While the coaches and AD's have changed the same people have been there FOREVER.


People of consequence. To keep a job in an athletic department you just need to show up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New Coach 3 months 1 week ago #341363

  • SJUNC
  • SJUNC's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 285
  • Thank you received: 111
Bryce Drew. I know things blew up at Vandy but he had a major injury to his star point guard. Great record at Valpo and strong recruiting at Vandy. No buyout. Young with experience.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RedStormRising2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New Coach 3 months 1 week ago #341374

  • stuck in conn
  • stuck in conn's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 122
  • Thank you received: 1
I like redemption tours. Not bad.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New Coach 3 months 1 week ago #341403

  • Mean Gene
  • Mean Gene's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 2523
  • Thank you received: 525

SJUNC wrote: Bryce Drew. I know things blew up at Vandy but he had a major injury to his star point guard. Great record at Valpo and strong recruiting at Vandy. No buyout. Young with experience.


Very interesting SJUNC, I hadn’t thought of him. He actually brought a couple of really good recruiting classes there and as you said his star PG was injured and missed the entire season. He’s young and has some experience. Would be very satisfied with Bryce Drew if that ever came to fruition.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New Coach 3 months 1 week ago #341453

  • danfog
  • danfog's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 175
  • Thank you received: 7
Mike Brey

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New Coach 3 months 1 week ago #341459

  • PharmDJohnnie11
  • PharmDJohnnie11's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 162
  • Thank you received: 190
I saw someone in JJ posted that according to an "Iona insider" SJU was never in contact with Cluess as of this afternoon. Saw someone else say Mike Brey is coming in to interview next week. Did anyone else hear anything like this? I've defended Cluess on here, but Mike Brey would be a homerun hire. I have my doubts, but you never know...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New Coach 3 months 1 week ago #341460

  • Chicago Days
  • Chicago Days's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 4651
  • Thank you received: 2551

danfog wrote: Mike Brey


Adam is correct. ND doesnt have any 2019 or 2020 commits.
Even we do, kind of.
Lol.
Strange?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Adam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New Coach 3 months 1 week ago #341462

  • Adam
  • Adam's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 2047
  • Thank you received: 993

Chicago Days wrote:

danfog wrote: Mike Brey


Adam is correct. ND doesnt have any 2019 or 2020 commits.
Even we do, kind of.
Lol.
Strange?


In fairness, they did have the #15 recruiting class for 2018, though none of them can transfer and be immediately eligible. Just unlucky timing.

247sports.com/Season/2018-Basketball/CompositeTeamRankings/

At least there doesn't appear to be an issue with his recruiting. As others have stated he would be an excellent hire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chicago Days

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New Coach 3 months 1 week ago #341464

  • Chicago Days
  • Chicago Days's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 4651
  • Thank you received: 2551

Adam wrote:

Chicago Days wrote:

danfog wrote: Mike Brey


Adam is correct. ND doesnt have any 2019 or 2020 commits.
Even we do, kind of.
Lol.
Strange?


In fairness, they did have the #15 recruiting class for 2018, though none of them can transfer and be immediately eligible. Just unlucky timing.

247sports.com/Season/2018-Basketball/CompositeTeamRankings/

At least there doesn't appear to be an issue with his recruiting. As others have stated he would be an excellent hire.


Good point. I haven't checked but they may also be primed to reverse a disappointing 2018-19 season with a roster ;coming of age'.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight

Follow redmen.com on Twitter