Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

SHAMORI PONDS DRAFT PROJECTION & SIMON ??? 1 year 4 months ago #354106

• JohnnyFan
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 3005
I watched Shamorie in the summer league tonight. As someone had mentioned, he is playing out of position at small forward. It appears they want to evaluate him (he played 20 minutes), but they are prioritizing giving minutes to Chris Chiozza (Florida) and Chris Clemons (Campbell) at the PG position. From what I saw, Shamorie will not make the NBA roster and is probably looked at as a project with some potential.

One side note. While just 5'9", Clemons is quick, strong and has a grown man's body. He just might make it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monte, Tommy O 54

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by JohnnyFan.

SHAMORI PONDS DRAFT PROJECTION & SIMON ??? 1 year 4 months ago #354107

• Eric Williamson
  • Thank you received: 182

JohnnyFan wrote: I watched Shamorie in the summer league tonight. As someone had mentioned, he is playing out of position at small forward. It appears they want to evaluate him (he played 20 minutes), but they are prioritizing giving minutes to Chris Chiozza (Florida) and Chris Clemons (Campbell) at the PG position. From what I saw, Shamorie will not make the NBA roster and is probably looked at as a project with some potential.

One side note. While just 5'9", Clemons is quick, strong and has a grown man's body. He just might make it.

So where will that leave him? Playing in the G-League for very little money?

SHAMORI PONDS DRAFT PROJECTION & SIMON ??? 1 year 4 months ago #354110

• Moose
  • Thank you received: 4456

Eric Williamson wrote:

JohnnyFan wrote: I watched Shamorie in the summer league tonight. As someone had mentioned, he is playing out of position at small forward. It appears they want to evaluate him (he played 20 minutes), but they are prioritizing giving minutes to Chris Chiozza (Florida) and Chris Clemons (Campbell) at the PG position. From what I saw, Shamorie will not make the NBA roster and is probably looked at as a project with some potential.

Rio Grande!

SHAMORI PONDS DRAFT PROJECTION & SIMON ??? 1 year 4 months ago #354119

• JohnnyFan
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 3005

Eric Williamson wrote:

For now, he will acclimate to the world of professional basketball (from the G-League). IMO, if Shamorie adopts a professional mentality, there may be some untapped potential. If so, he may be auditioning at PG next summer. Of course, players with Shamorie's talent, who don't make the league in their first couple of years, tend to head overseas where they can make some money before they advance too far in age (think DJ Kennedy or Dwight Hardy).

SHAMORI PONDS DRAFT PROJECTION & SIMON ??? 1 year 4 months ago #354164

• Monte
  • Thank you received: 3798

Agree completely. I know it’s a small sample size, but so far Clemons looks like a man amongst men, and Shamorie does not. In addition to the physicality, Clemons also plays at very high energy and intensity levels.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew, JohnnyFan

SHAMORI PONDS DRAFT PROJECTION & SIMON ??? 1 year 4 months ago #354166

• RedStormNC
  • Thank you received: 1637
New Ponds article in Newsday w/quotes

www.newsday.com/amp/sports/basketball/sh...er-league-1.33684647

He's got to back up his thoughts of himself with results.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tommy O 54

Last edit: by RedStormNC.

SHAMORI PONDS DRAFT PROJECTION & SIMON ??? 1 year 4 months ago #354172

• Beast of the East
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 4210

RedStormNC wrote: New Ponds article in Newsday w/quotes

www.newsday.com/amp/sports/basketball/sh...er-league-1.33684647

He's got to back up his thoughts of himself with results.

Any successful athlete in his position needs confidence. Can't fault him for that.

There have been a ton of callups to the NBA from the G league. This is what gives a kid like Shamorie hope.

gleague.nba.com/all-time-callups/
The following user(s) said Thank You: panther2, JohnnyFan, RedStormNC

Last edit: by Beast of the East.

SHAMORI PONDS DRAFT PROJECTION & SIMON ??? 1 year 4 months ago #354224

• SJU2000alum15
  • Thank you received: 352
Another poor effort tonight Ponds has no shot of making the team it’s crazy but Simon has a way better chance of making the Bulls. Simon has been putting up nice stats every game, Simon has way more of an NBA physique but the biggest difference to me is Simon is the harder worker. I think Ponds kind of bought into the hype and got out of shape and just thought he was a lock to make it while Simon is a gym rat , has a way better attitude and just gives you everything he has while he’s on the floor.

SHAMORI PONDS DRAFT PROJECTION & SIMON ??? 1 year 4 months ago #354225

• ErickTheRed
  • Thank you received: 69
Brush up on some other languages, see where you can make the most money and enjoy next 10 years traveling.

SHAMORI PONDS DRAFT PROJECTION & SIMON ??? 1 year 4 months ago #354226

• PharmDJohnnie11
  • Thank you received: 327
Shamorie needs to fire whoever his agent is. Obviously the league wasn't too high on him to begin with because he wasn't drafted, but how do they let him sign with the Rockets? At least get him to a summer league team where he can actually play his natural position..... The Rockets summer league team is just a bunch of mercenaries out to get their own. This has gotta be one of the least ideal situations he could have possibly gone to.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nycfan

Last edit: by PharmDJohnnie11.
Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight