Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: SHAMORI PONDS DRAFT PROJECTION & SIMON ???

SHAMORI PONDS DRAFT PROJECTION & SIMON ??? 2 months 1 week ago #349228

• L J S A
  • Thank you received: 2210

SJUNC wrote: "After getting his blood analyzed, Ponds has changed his diet to fit his body best, cutting out fatty foods. He joked he’s eating “nothing I was eating before.” He’s been working out at his agency’s facility in Irvine, Calif., training and watching film several hours per day."

Discuss ...

Kevin Love was a slob at UCLA -- a highly effective one, but a slob nonetheless. Six weeks after his last game he was in much better shape and Bruins fans were pissed. So Ponds' story is nothing new. Guys get more serious when the millions are right in front of their noses, and fans will always be annoyed about previous lack of motivation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

SHAMORI PONDS DRAFT PROJECTION & SIMON ??? 2 months 1 week ago #349233

• SJU14
  • Thank you received: 270

SJUNC wrote: "After getting his blood analyzed, Ponds has changed his diet to fit his body best, cutting out fatty foods. He joked he’s eating “nothing I was eating before.” He’s been working out at his agency’s facility in Irvine, Calif., training and watching film several hours per day."

Discuss ...

This is just the agent’s fancy way of saying he’s making the necessary changes to be a pro. I highly doubt any prospect is watching film several hours a day. Also analyzing your blood and changing your diet based off of that is overblown. Analyzing blood doesn’t give you any answers as to what your body needs to maximize its potential, just tells you what your current levels are at, which is done at any physical. This is “agent speak”.

SHAMORI PONDS DRAFT PROJECTION & SIMON ??? 2 months 1 week ago #349237

• indyredmen97
  • Thank you received: 178
Are we really arguing about a college kid’s diet or are we just a—holes that want to crap on a kid because he no longer serves our interest? I’ve checked into this thread a number of times this week because I want our kids to get jobs and want to know their prospects. Instead I read outrage that a 18-20 year old had a bad diet. I try to separate the arguments from the fandom, but this is stupid. Mods should either kill the thread or rename it to old angry guys want to s—-t on a kid that committed and wore our jersey
The following user(s) said Thank You: ctstorm, NCJohnnie

SHAMORI PONDS DRAFT PROJECTION & SIMON ??? 2 months 1 week ago #349239

• Chicago Days
  • Thank you received: 2551
I take this to be great news for what Shamorie has to do to improve his chances of success as a pro--be it in the NBA or Europe.
And i don't begrudge his timing.
I'd luv to see him get drafted late 1st or mid-2nd at the worst.
Go Shamorie!

SHAMORI PONDS DRAFT PROJECTION & SIMON ??? 2 months 1 week ago #349247

• richard A Steinfeld
  • Thank you received: 720

Paultzman wrote: nypost.com/2019/05/14/how-shamorie-ponds...t-nba-draft-combine/

Don’t like the comment about being at higher profile school. Got plenty of exposure. And the trouble w him being a shooting guard in the NBA is his height. Nevertheless,I hope he makes it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bamafan

SHAMORI PONDS DRAFT PROJECTION & SIMON ??? 2 months 1 week ago #349251

• Chicago Days
  • Thank you received: 2551

richard A Steinfeld wrote:

Paultzman wrote: nypost.com/2019/05/14/how-shamorie-ponds...t-nba-draft-combine/

Don’t like the comment about being at higher profile school. Got plenty of exposure. And the trouble w him being a shooting guard in the NBA is his height. Nevertheless,I hope he makes it.

I could be wrong, but the comment 'higher profile' would've been more accurate if it had been stated as 'more successful', because I think that it would be true, Ponds would've performed better at a deeper and better coached team...hence, the team's 'profile', as well as Shamorie's 'rep', would've been higher.
Just my view.
Best of luck to him. That said, I think both Mustapha and LJ will benefit big time from our current coaching staff next season.
Again, just my view.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beast of the East

SHAMORI PONDS DRAFT PROJECTION & SIMON ??? 2 months 1 week ago #349274

• RICH K aka Booksnball
  • RICH K aka Booksnball's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 66
Interesting take on Shamorie "eating nothing he used to". & Wether it's "agent speak" or not, it's a positive thing that the light has gone on & he's shaping up in time for the combine. Today's Draft Projection from SPORT'S ILLUSTRATED (SI.COM) has him gong in the 2nd Round with pick #56 to the 76er's. A pretty good spot to land with an opportunity to get a lot of "dimes" off the bench. He'll just have to have those PHILLY CHEESE STEAKS in moderation!:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, Chicago Days

SHAMORI PONDS DRAFT PROJECTION & SIMON ??? 2 months 6 days ago #349368

• Paultzman
  • Thank you received: 13254

SHAMORI PONDS DRAFT PROJECTION & SIMON ??? 2 months 6 days ago #349380

• Porgyman
  • Thank you received: 124
Hey now! Cheese steaks are good for you! They can contain veggies (onions, peppers or mushrooms if you wish), protein (meat), dairy (cheese) and carbs (bread). Plus all that grease is good for the GI system, as they don’t hang around too long!

SHAMORI PONDS DRAFT PROJECTION & SIMON ??? 2 months 6 days ago #349385

• L J S A
  • Thank you received: 2210

Paultzman wrote:

.5 taller than I thought. Some of those guys shrank badly.

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight

Follow redmen.com on Twitter