Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Pitino

Pitino 7 months 1 week ago #338680

• SJUNC
  • Thank you received: 111
First off if Pitino was perfect we would never have a chance at him. This is a perfect situation for both sides.
He doesn't have a job and will be cheaper than Hurley. He is as good a basketball coach as college hoops has seen over the last 40 years. Cragg saw first hand what Pitino could do with an undermanned Kentucky team against National Champion Duke in 1992. Put him in a Room with Bobby G, Cragg, Louie or anyone else you want and ask him anything. They will walk out of the room blown away. He is by far the best coach available.

Lastly, call the Wilpons and they can tell you how to defer Mullin's settlement payments. Like they did for Bonillia and Saberhagen.

OK maybe not the last part.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matty Hoops

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Pitino 7 months 1 week ago #338681

• BrookJersey Redmen
  • Thank you received: 102
it might be fun sweeping RP's old team, The Friars, every year along with their current coach who seems to beat us way too often.

Pitino 7 months 1 week ago #338683

• Chicago Days
  • Thank you received: 2672

tom bradley wrote: Just remember Pitino took over Kentucky after Sutton ruined Kentucky with the Chris Mills saga. They were on probation and Pitino couldn't get any kid to Kentucky. Built a monster program at Kentucky.

I've drunk the Kool-Aid.
Do it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sju2420

Pitino 7 months 1 week ago #338684

• IDRAFT
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 474

oldschool Redmen wrote:

IDRAFT wrote: Pitino won't be hired because the school is worried about a PR hit - not because anyone cares about what he has done. So actually, that does seem consistent with the "mission."

Pr hit? Would anyone gi e two shits if rp won us a nc? ????????.

Hey, not me, I'm all for it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: oldschool Redmen, Chicago Days

Pitino 7 months 1 week ago #338687

• IDRAFT
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 474
The best thing about a Pitino hire would be that it would keep the board divided. I'm sure we don't want it to get too boring here. Okay, the second best thing. All the winning would be the best thing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SigEpSJU09, Chicago Days, Tommy O 54

Pitino 7 months 1 week ago #338689

• Chicago Days
  • Thank you received: 2672

IDRAFT wrote: The best thing about a Pitino hire would be that it would keep the board divided. I'm sure we don't want it to get too boring here. Okay, the second best thing. All the winning would be the best thing.

And after Ricky gets caught cheating 'on the court' again, we can always clean up the program by rehiring Norm...and always remember those titles while they 'lasted'.
This'll be a 'trip'.
Hire the guy!
The following user(s) said Thank You: IDRAFT

Pitino 7 months 1 week ago #338692

• Logen
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1481

stjohnschris wrote: Pitino instantly puts us on the map, simple as that. Bobby H would do well for us, not a doubt. I wasn't impressed with his ASU team in their game against us, but I have faith that he would bring a level of coaching and recruiting here that we haven't seen in a long time. I suppose the dream is that one of those two options works out.

Not sure I even want to get into Pitino because, while a completely personal thing , his hiring would end my more than 50 years as a Redmen fan. I realize non one should or would care about that so let my only other comments be practical. Have any of you many fans clamoring for his hire given a thought to what that would look like? For all the Pollyanna reformation tour talk do any of you really not understand there was a lot more dirt about his time at Louisville leading to his dismissal than has been made public? Have any of you given any thought to the field day the NY media will have uncovering that dirt? Not to mention the innuendos / rumors that will become part of that tabloid feeding frenzy? Do you really think a program reeling over decades of mismanagement, poor on-court performances, strip clubs, marijuana instances, the Rysheed Jordan fiasco, etc. can take that kind of gamble? Sure Pitino wants the job, and yes, no one can deny his coaching ability. But I own a risk/reward business and to me, regardless of personal feelings, the risk SJU would be taking hiring him would just not be the worth the potential reward. Because remember, great coaches are great coaches because they get great players and Pitino has never played it straight in getting those great players. Anyone think at 66 that leopard is going to change his spots? I sure don't. And neither will the NCAA.; SJU as sacrificial lamb anyone???
The following user(s) said Thank You: Knight

Pitino 7 months 1 week ago #338697

• djramps
  • Thank you received: 25
Age would be a factor for me with Pitino. You know he would be on his best behavior after what went down in the state of Kentucky. I think if he is game that is a name you have to go after.

I would say Pitino, Hurley or Cluess.

Pitino 7 months 1 week ago #338700

• SeattleJohnny
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 126

Pitino 7 months 1 week ago #338701

• Paultzman
  • Thank you received: 15068
Pitino denied contacting SJ in this piece
nypost.com/2019/04/09/toxic-rick-pitino-...ob-with-a-ny-demand/

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight