Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Pitino

Pitino 4 months 1 week ago #341767

• oldschool Redmen
  • Thank you received: 584

Knight wrote: I was softening on Pitino, but now do not want him in Jamaica leading the program. No soup for him. Next!

Knight 2 option A: take a chance on rick, and wins a nc in 5yrs.
Or
Option b: Cluess or an up and comer, who never won the b.e. reg sesson nor the b.e. tourny, never finished above 4th in conf play.
Get to ghe ncaa tourny in his 5tj year, but is a one and doner.

It's a no brainer to me, 1000% rick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Pitino 4 months 1 week ago #341812

• SJUNC
  • Thank you received: 111

Knight wrote: I was softening on Pitino, but now do not want him in Jamaica leading the program. No soup for him. Next!

What changed ? Of course you have a right to your opinion for whatever reasons, but I ask because I feel for Pitino to get the job some of the Powers that be will need to soften their stances. What was your thought process that made you begin to soften and then stop ?

Pitino 4 months 1 week ago #341814

• Logen
  • Thank you received: 1187

capmaker wrote: I will never understand the satisfaction any intelligent person could possibly get from winning by cheating. Just root for Duke or NC or Kentucky or Kansas, etc. Me, I would rather lose.

Desperate people do desperate things. Peoples' standards change or evaporate. The will is eroded.

Very valid for the weak willed.

Last edit: by Logen.

Pitino 4 months 1 week ago #341818

• Beast of the East
  • Thank you received: 2617

oldschool Redmen wrote:

fuchsia wrote: Didn't he have sex with the wife of a subordinate on his staff? Have been in the research literature trying to find the diagnosis for that particular pathology. May have to call one of my psychiatrist teaching partners. St. John's needs him like Putin needs another puppet.

Hey bud, tell me where we been that last 20yrs. I'm willing to take anyone just to get me that feeling sju fans had long ago, so yep, i want rick, and i dont give a crap about his past. Just make sju matter again for the first time in 20yrs.

Account must have been hacked. Mods freeze the account! Old school promised on Saturday he was taking a week off immediately, and reaffirmed that yesterday.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank61, Jnaw17

Pitino 4 months 1 week ago #341845

• capmaker
  • Thank you received: 148
capmaker wrote: I will never understand the satisfaction any intelligent person could possibly get from winning by cheating. Just root for Duke or NC or Kentucky or Kansas, etc. Me, I would rather lose.

Desperate people do desperate things. Peoples' standards change or evaporate. The will is eroded.

Very valid for the weak willed.

The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.

Pitino 4 months 1 week ago #341857

• Knight
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1115

SJUNC wrote:

What changed ? Of course you have a right to your opinion for whatever reasons, but I ask because I feel for Pitino to get the job some of the Powers that be will need to soften their stances. What was your thought process that made you begin to soften and then stop ?

I was getting frustrated with the process., so I was opening up to Pitino's employment. Re-reading some of Pitino's quotes led me to believe that this was going to be the beginning of a circus. Furthermore, I don't think Cluess is worth the $2.5 mil buyout and I do not see a viable candidate with experience, as promised by Cragg.

Pitino 4 months 1 week ago #341860

• oldschool Redmen

Beast of the East wrote:

oldschool Redmen wrote:

fuchsia wrote: Didn't he have sex with the wife of a subordinate on his staff? Have been in the research literature trying to find the diagnosis for that particular pathology. May have to call one of my psychiatrist teaching partners. St. John's needs him like Putin needs another puppet.

Hey bud, tell me where we been that last 20yrs. I'm willing to take anyone just to get me that feeling sju fans had long ago, so yep, i want rick, and i dont give a crap about his past. Just make sju matter again for the first time in 20yrs.

Account must have been hacked. Mods freeze the account! Old school promised on Saturday he was taking a week off immediately, and reaffirmed that yesterday.

You're slow Beast, I never said I'm taking a week off.

Take a look at page 85 on the Cluess thread, I said:

"You're right, my mind day/night is on sju, maybe i need a break.

Be back during the week."

Monday - Friday is during the week, I never said I'm taking a week off.
You dumb blank, I'd say more but then i'd get a warning.

Pitino 4 months 1 week ago #341861

• oldschool Redmen

austour wrote:

So now you're hard on him? Hmmm.

lol

Pitino 4 months 1 week ago #341962

• Enright
  • Thank you received: 371
Capmaker questioned why the coaches of the top programs all cheat. They cheat because they know their competitors are cheating and feel they really aren't cheating ,they are keeping up with the Jones'.

Pitino 4 months 1 week ago #341979

• Logen
  • Thank you received: 1187

Enright wrote: Capmaker questioned why the coaches of the top programs all cheat. They cheat because they know their competitors are cheating and feel they really aren't cheating ,they are keeping up with the Jones'.

Wow, talk about nonsensical rationalization!! They cheat because they are cheaters, they cheat because they know they couldn’t do it any other way.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank61

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight

Follow redmen.com on Twitter