Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Pitino

Pitino 3 months 1 week ago #341595

• redken
  • Thank you received: 898

tom bradley wrote: Well if Dad is toxic and you think the Bobby board wouldnt approve why not Jr.? He is young? Has done pretty well considering he is stuck in Minn ...

Just what we need: a son who's a Tier 1, Division 1 head coach only because of his father's name and connections, and who's "done pretty well" -- that is, if you consider achieving a 40–70 (.364) conference record as well as Big Ten finishes of 10th, 13th, 4th, 11th & 7th place as doing "pretty well." I'm not a big Cluess supporter, but he's certainly done better than Little Ricky.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beast of the East

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by redken.

Pitino 3 months 1 week ago #341598

• Monte
  • Thank you received: 1734

Chicago Days wrote:

tom bradley wrote: Well if Dad is toxic and you think the Bobby board wouldnt approve why not Jr.? He is young? Has done pretty well considering he is stuck in Minn, and has done better job recruiting there than Tubby Smith was able to do. Tubby called it an impossible sell. Ricky from East coast, ties to NYC and that Canada pipeline. Just signed his 3rd extension, and his buyout is 500k for a few more months until it jumps to 2m!

Cluess ranked #82, Pitino Jr., #81, Brey #17 according to that list put out by Ghostzapper.

Pitino Jr makes 2.2 mil just in salary from Minn. He'd likely command close to 3 mil. He has a career 40-70 record in conference and to the best of my knowledge has not been sought after by other schools. This makes no sense for so many reasons.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redken, RedStormRising, Delaware, Chicago Days

Pitino 3 months 1 week ago #341599

• Ray Morgan
  • Thank you received: 750
Is anyone under serious consideration (with interest of both parties) other than Cluess? Is Cluess even under serious consideration? Has Cragg even considered Rick Pitino? i'm confused.
The following user(s) said Thank You: shamsman2

Pitino 3 months 1 week ago #341601

• bamafan
  • Thank you received: 1581

Ray Morgan wrote: Is anyone under serious consideration (with interest of both parties) other than Cluess? Is Cluess even under serious consideration? Has Cragg even considered Rick Pitino? i'm confused.

They are under serious consideration by us posters. I just checked with my local high school and CYO coaches to gauge their interest. Don't think we can afford their buyouts which consist of free coffee and donuts for one year.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ray Morgan, Andrew

Pitino 3 months 1 week ago #341602

• tom bradley
  • Thank you received: 221

redken wrote:

tom bradley wrote: Well if Dad is toxic and you think the Bobby board wouldnt approve why not Jr.? He is young? Has done pretty well considering he is stuck in Minn ...

Just what we need: a son who's a Tier 1, Division 1 head coach only because of his father's name and connections, and who's "done pretty well" -- that is, if you consider achieving a 40–70 (.364) conference record as well as Big Ten finishes of 10th, 13th, 4th, 11th & 7th place as doing "pretty well." I'm not a big Cluess supporter, but he's certainly done better than Little Ricky.

Done better than Ricky? Dude really? You want to compare playing monmouth? To playing murderers row, Mich St, Purdue, Mich, ohio State, Wiscon, etc... this is reason number 1 why we will be doing another coaching change again in 4 years. Ricky won big 10 coach of the year, and has win an ncaa tourney game, Cluess? And remember its Minnesota? 3 extensions must mean they approve!
The following user(s) said Thank You: SJUNC, Moose, bamafan

Pitino 3 months 1 week ago #341603

• tom bradley

Monte wrote:

Chicago Days wrote:

tom bradley wrote: Well if Dad is toxic and you think the Bobby board wouldnt approve why not Jr.? He is young? Has done pretty well considering he is stuck in Minn, and has done better job recruiting there than Tubby Smith was able to do. Tubby called it an impossible sell. Ricky from East coast, ties to NYC and that Canada pipeline. Just signed his 3rd extension, and his buyout is 500k for a few more months until it jumps to 2m!

Cluess ranked #82, Pitino Jr., #81, Brey #17 according to that list put out by Ghostzapper.

Pitino Jr makes 2.2 mil just in salary from Minn. He'd likely command close to 3 mil. He has a career 40-70 record in conference and to the best of my knowledge has not been sought after by other schools. This makes no sense for so many reasons.

Well your knowledge isnt accurate. He received 3 extensions, why? Because he was chased 3 times! His last extension was 2 weeks ago, what big west coast job was open then, hmmmmmm.

Pitino 3 months 1 week ago #341604

• Monte

tom bradley wrote:

Monte wrote:

Chicago Days wrote:

Well your knowledge isnt accurate. He received 3 extensions, why? Because he was chased 3 times! His last extension was 2 weeks ago, what big west coast job was open then, hmmmmmm.

Take it up with USA today:

sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/mens-basketball/coach/

Pitino 3 months 1 week ago #341606

• tom bradley

Monte wrote:

tom bradley wrote:

Monte wrote:

Chicago Days wrote:

Take it up with USA today:

sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/mens-basketball/coach/

Huh? I never said anything about his salary, I said he received 3 extensions since being there

Pitino 3 months 1 week ago #341608

• redken
  • Thank you received: 898

tom bradley wrote:

redken wrote:

Done better than Ricky? Dude really? You want to compare playing monmouth? To playing murderers row, Mich St, Purdue, Mich, ohio State, Wiscon, etc... this is reason number 1 why we will be doing another coaching change again in 4 years. Ricky won big 10 coach of the year, and has win an ncaa tourney game, Cluess? And remember its Minnesota? 3 extensions must mean they approve!

'
Fine if their program is happy -- and you're happy too -- with rewarding his dreadful .364 record after five years with multiple extensions, when most coaches with that same record would have have been fired by now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monte

Last edit: by redken.

Pitino 3 months 1 week ago #341609

• Monte
Just to be clear, UCLA also wanted nothing to do with Pitino Sr:

www.forbes.com/sites/adamzagoria/2019/01...pitino/#233366c27b53

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight

Follow redmen.com on Twitter