Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Pitino

Pitino 4 months 1 week ago #341493

• stjohnnie75
  • Thank you received: 238

filet wrote: I'm sure I read several hundred posts ago, that Pitino was to be in New York this week for a family get together...possibly Easter. Celebration. Maybe a face to face meeting set up. My dream of Pitino is still alive.

Not sure what his plans will be for Easter but he will be in Florida the week after Easter for a family event.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Pitino 4 months 1 week ago #341495

• Enright
  • Thank you received: 371
If Cragg is willing to take the initial flack and hires Pitino history seems to indicate that in a small time frame SJU could be looked on as an institutation that gave a second chance to a coach and now is knocking on the final four door.
See Calipari at Ky
Pearl at Aub
Samuel at Hous

Pitino 4 months 1 week ago #341496

• otis
  • Thank you received: 936

Enright wrote: If Cragg is willing to take the initial flack and hires Pitino .....

It is not up to Cragg.

The decision will be made by the St. John's Board of Trustees.

Pitino 4 months 1 week ago #341498

• SJUNC
  • Thank you received: 111
But he needs to be an advocate. If he doesn't fight for it definitely doesn't happen

Pitino 4 months 1 week ago #341564

• Beast of the East
  • Thank you received: 2617

otis wrote:

Enright wrote: If Cragg is willing to take the initial flack and hires Pitino .....

It is not up to Cragg.

The decision will be made by the St. John's Board of Trustees.

I'm going to guess that Cragg will indeed select a coach. And review his choices with the BOT and Gempeshaw, who will approve or reject. The way you state it makes it seem like this is out of Cragg's hands. The BOT would not tender an offer to someone Cragg doesn't want it didn't select.
The following user(s) said Thank You: isham, Paultzman, redken, Class of 72

Pitino 4 months 1 week ago #341565

• MCNPA
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1389
Pitino dirty as hell but then again, nobody really caring about Bruce Pearl’s history, nor anybody else’s. I’m all for Pitino as I don’t think they really connect him with anything there at the Ville. That said, I don’t know if the BOT would go for it, but he sure would bring players here. View it as Tarkanian in his later years lol. He still kept playing and coaching...

Pitino 4 months 1 week ago #341567

• tom bradley
  • Thank you received: 221
Well if Dad is toxic and you think the Bobby board wouldnt approve why not Jr.? He is young? Has done pretty well considering he is stuck in Minn, and has done better job recruiting there than Tubby Smith was able to do. Tubby called it an impossible sell. Ricky from East coast, ties to NYC and that Canada pipeline. Just signed his 3rd extension, and his buyout is 500k for a few more months until it jumps to 2m!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, mjmaherjr, IDRAFT, ron , Tommy O 54

Pitino 4 months 1 week ago #341570

• Paultzman
  • Thank you received: 13636

tom bradley wrote: Well if Dad is toxic and you think the Bobby board wouldnt approve why not Jr.? He is young? Has done pretty well considering he is stuck in Minn, and has done better job recruiting there than Tubby Smith was able to do. Tubby called it an impossible sell. Ricky from East coast, ties to NYC and that Canada pipeline. Just signed his 3rd extension, and his buyout is 500k for a few more months until it jumps to 2m!

Has he been contacted by or reached out to SJ?

Pitino 4 months 1 week ago #341573

• usguard
  • Thank you received: 227
That would be nice

Pitino 4 months 1 week ago #341577

• Chicago Days
  • Thank you received: 2551

tom bradley wrote: Well if Dad is toxic and you think the Bobby board wouldnt approve why not Jr.? He is young? Has done pretty well considering he is stuck in Minn, and has done better job recruiting there than Tubby Smith was able to do. Tubby called it an impossible sell. Ricky from East coast, ties to NYC and that Canada pipeline. Just signed his 3rd extension, and his buyout is 500k for a few more months until it jumps to 2m!

Cluess ranked #82, Pitino Jr., #81, Brey #17 according to that list put out by Ghostzapper.

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight

Follow redmen.com on Twitter