Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Pitino

Pitino 4 months 1 week ago #341458

• Freeball
  • Thank you received: 2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Pitino 4 months 1 week ago #341463

• JohnnyFan
  • Thank you received: 2099
Once we hire a new coach, one of the many positives will be putting the Pitino talk to rest.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monte, Frank61, Chicago Days

Pitino 4 months 1 week ago #341465

• Monte
  • Thank you received: 1758

tom bradley wrote:

Monte wrote: If he 's such a great catch, why isn't he being sought after by other schools. I don't recall his name being mentioned with, say, the UCLA opening when they were looking That would've seemed like a match made in heaven.

Pitino would of had 0 interest in the UCLA job. He is not a west coast guy. We were lucky he was interested in us. Would be a perfect place here for him to rehab his image, while restoring our and his legacy. I still dont think this is a dead issue yet! Still can pic the garden rocking for Pitino and his johnnies

He's in Greece for crying out loud, and you're trying to tell me that he wouldn't have an interest in coaching in LA or anywhere else in the US that pays well enough???? Not buying that for one second.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JohnnyFan, Chicago Days

Pitino 4 months 1 week ago #341466

• Monte
  • Thank you received: 1758

JohnnyFan wrote: Once we hire a new coach, one of the many positives will be putting the Pitino talk to rest.

That and I can stop spending so much time on this in the off season.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JohnnyFan

Pitino 4 months 1 week ago #341467

• SJUNC
  • Thank you received: 111

JohnnyFan wrote: Once we hire a new coach, one of the many positives will be putting the Pitino talk to rest.

Or we will talk about it for years with great regrets. We talk about not hiring Mckillop or Calipari or Jay Wright all the time. Pitino will be added to the list.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RedStormRising

Pitino 4 months 1 week ago #341468

• bamafan
  • Thank you received: 1613

tom bradley wrote:

Monte wrote: If he 's such a great catch, why isn't he being sought after by other schools. I don't recall his name being mentioned with, say, the UCLA opening when they were looking That would've seemed like a match made in heaven.

Pitino would of had 0 interest in the UCLA job. He is not a west coast guy. We were lucky he was interested in us. Would be a perfect place here for him to rehab his image, while restoring our and his legacy. I still dont think this is a dead issue yet! Still can pic the garden rocking for Pitino and his johnnies

Your a better man than me Mr. Tom Bradley because lo these many years I can never picture a big time coach coming to St. John's and roaming the sidelines in the cozy confines of Alumni Hall now Carnesecca Arena. Just cannot picture it and so far it hasn't happened.

Pitino 4 months 1 week ago #341469

• SJUNC
  • Thank you received: 111
This is an opportunity with special circumstances which we should take advantage of.

Pitino 4 months 1 week ago #341476

• Beast of the East
  • Thank you received: 2617

Monte wrote: I think that apology that he’s look for for from the feds may just be a deal breaker. Dumbest public statement ever made by anyone since Steve Rubell.

Whenever you think Slick Rick said something dumb like this you've already been played. It was purposeful.
The following user(s) said Thank You: newsman13, SJUNC

Pitino 4 months 1 week ago #341478

• P Simmons
  • Thank you received: 183
From the Forbes article referenced above. Oh well, when this happens- and it will- at least SJU will still be riding the moral high horse

ESPN analyst Fran Fraschilla believes Pitino will ultimately coach again.

"I think Rick Pitino, if he wants to, can be back in college coaching next year, I really do," Fraschilla said Tuesday on Jeff Goodman's Podcast. "I don't know if it's UCLA. Would he do a great job there? Yes. He's one of the best coaches of our generation, or two generations, really."

He added: "Do I think Rick will be coaching in college next year as opposed to Panathinaikos? I do."

Pitino 4 months 1 week ago #341490

• filet
  • Thank you received: 5
I'm sure I read several hundred posts ago, that Pitino was to be in New York this week for a family get together...possibly Easter. Celebration. Maybe a face to face meeting set up. My dream of Pitino is still alive.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SJUNC

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight

Follow redmen.com on Twitter