Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Pitino

Pitino 6 months 1 week ago #338456

• GoldenLeaf
  • GoldenLeaf's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 58
Yes, this creep is exactly what we need at a Vincentian university. Right.

www.nytimes.com/2009/08/12/sports/ncaabasketball/12pitino.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Pitino 6 months 1 week ago #338461

• stjohnnie75
  • Thank you received: 239

GoldenLeaf wrote: Yes, this creep is exactly what we need at a Vincentian university. Right.

www.nytimes.com/2009/08/12/sports/ncaabasketball/12pitino.html

Keep him away from any blue pills and now being 66 we probably wouldn’t have to worry about that kind of stuff.

Pitino 6 months 1 week ago #338465

• GoldenLeaf
I agree with your first three words.

Pitino 6 months 1 week ago #338466

• redmanwest
  • Thank you received: 368
Pitino to SJU is a PIPE DREAM for a few delusional posters who would win over any cost.

It has ZERO probability to occur, for good reason.

Move on to more likely candidates:

Hurley
Cleuss
Other Duke alums
The following user(s) said Thank You: GoldenLeaf

Pitino 6 months 1 week ago #338471

• tom bradley
  • Thank you received: 222
so because he paid for an abortion he does not qualify for a job? That is the most ridiculous statement I have ever heard of. I could see if you were talking about the parties his ass coaches threw at Louisville, or even the FBI investigation which has yet to mention his name in any transcripts or audio. But the abortion thing is outright funny... What happened to penance and forgiveness? If the abortion thing was so bad, how did he get to meet with the POPE?
The following user(s) said Thank You: isham

Pitino 6 months 1 week ago #338477

• GoldenLeaf
I am sure the Pope knew nothing about it and I have no idea when that meeting took place (before/after). I have no idea about his desire for reconciliation or forgiveness or if he even asked for either. Do you? Frankly, it's not my business. But if you can't understand how a Roman Catholic institution would have trouble with "the abortion thing" than I have no idea what to say. I guess faith and PR are not a high priority for you. A school is more than a basketball team.

Pitino 6 months 1 week ago #338479

• Chris7
  • Thank you received: 171

tom bradley wrote: so because he paid for an abortion he does not qualify for a job? That is the most ridiculous statement I have ever heard of. I could see if you were talking about the parties his ass coaches threw at Louisville, or even the FBI investigation which has yet to mention his name in any transcripts or audio. But the abortion thing is outright funny... What happened to penance and forgiveness? If the abortion thing was so bad, how did he get to meet with the POPE?

How do you respond to Pitino's text to Zagoria? "that's not happening"

Pitino 6 months 1 week ago #338487

• redmanwest
  • Thank you received: 368
You can't be that obtuse, so I think maybe you're just playing dumb for argument's sake. Of course, it is ALL of the above. THIS university will not hire THAT guy. Period.

tom bradley wrote: so because he paid for an abortion he does not qualify for a job? That is the most ridiculous statement I have ever heard of. I could see if you were talking about the parties his ass coaches threw at Louisville, or even the FBI investigation which has yet to mention his name in any transcripts or audio. But the abortion thing is outright funny... What happened to penance and forgiveness? If the abortion thing was so bad, how did he get to meet with the POPE?

Pitino 6 months 1 week ago #338492

• Marillac
  • Thank you received: 1198

redmanwest wrote: Pitino to SJU is a PIPE DREAM for a few delusional posters who would win over any cost.

It has ZERO probability to occur, for good reason.

Move on to more likely candidates:

Hurley
Cleuss
Other Duke alums

You don’t fire Chris Mullin after a 21-win season and NCAA tournament berth to hire a guy like Cluess.

It’s Hurley’s job to turn down and then Pitino.
Pitino is a sure thing IMO but it may take him longer due to being out for a while. Hurley has recruits ready for 2020 and he has many kids eligible to bring over from ASU including two eligible grad-transfers (one would need a sixth year waiver), a 4* PG and sensational JUCO combo guard (both would need a release) and a 4* center that is committed and not signed (wouldn’t need a release).

If he brings over just that JUCO combo and one of his grad transfers we are instantly competitive.

Pitino 6 months 1 week ago #338511

• RedStormNC
  • Thank you received: 1061
Think some of his recruits are local to AZ. May not just follow him to NY vs. Other options.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Coaster

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight