Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Best of luck to our team in post season

Best of luck to our team in post season 1 week 5 days ago #330542

• Class of 72
  • Class of 72's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 2607
We won 21 games with no bench.. That's an accomplishment. Chris Mullin didn't miss all those 3 point shots tonight. Tired legs did that. Please don't take it out on the coaches or players after some very difficult situations this season.
All characters and events depicted in this post are entirely fictitious. Any similarity to actual events or persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Room112, TheSummit, IDRAFT, Andrew, SJULawyered15, Tommy O 54

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Best of luck to our team in post season 1 week 5 days ago #330546

• MJDinkins
  • Thank you received: 1038

Class of 72 wrote: We won 21 games with no bench.. That's an accomplishment. Chris Mullin didn't miss all those 3 point shots tonight. Tired legs did that. Please don't take it out on the coaches or players after some very difficult situations this season.

Those were also bad shots, too. Regardless, I hear 'ya! I'm sure we're all be rooting for the team in the postseason.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew, Mike Zaun

Best of luck to our team in post season 1 week 4 days ago #330637

• RedStormRising2
  • Thank you received: 156
My little rant please feel free to ignore...

1. Bracket predictions are the dumbest things possible. There are 32 auto bids and most anyone who has eyes can see the top 30 teams in the country. So already you're at 91% correct. If you can guess 3 of the 6 other spots you're at 94%. Yippee get someone to pay you, you're as good as any expert.

2. The NCAA owns the NIT turning down an invite to a tournament owned by NCAA won't sit well next time we are on the bubble.

3. Our bench was non-existent and that wasn't the players fault. GW, ME, and JR are freshman and may very well become Parish Horne, Sean Evans, and Kyle Cuffe but the transition from high school to the big east is extremely difficult especially when you don't get any run in non-conference. Had we retained anyone Tariq Owens. Malik Ellison, Mikey Dixon, Sima, Mussini etc. we would have had to run our players into the ground.

Ponds is a big east star, Simon, LJ, Heron are above average Big East Players, Clark (out of position) is still at least an average player. After that no one would find floor time on a big east team yet and that's a real problem.

Now I'm getting real selfish

4. I liked Lavin and Mullin makes me sad.

5. We need to play all big east games at the Garden. It's impossible for me to get from NJ to Queens in time for early Fox games.

Best of luck to our team in post season 1 week 4 days ago #330643

• richard A Steinfeld
  • Thank you received: 626
I’ve been arguing our lack of bench is our biggest problem Forces us to play injured players more than we should and forces the starters to play more minutes than they should. I think fatigue played a big factor at the end.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman

Best of luck to our team in post season 1 week 4 days ago #330723

• NCJohnnie
  • Thank you received: 2627
I'll root for these guys like hell if and when we play again. Glad I got to see them live, albeit in a lackluster effort.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew

Best of luck to our team in post season 1 week 4 days ago #330725

• Mike Zaun
  • Thank you received: 838
Going to root like hell as always even when frustrated, but many (not all) of the issues are on staff. No bench is not a player decision. No big is not a player decision. Recruiting is not up to players. Neither is development or game strategy.

Best of luck to our team in post season 1 week 4 days ago #330726

• Andrew
  • Thank you received: 644

NCJohnnie wrote: I'll root for these guys like hell if and when we play again. Glad I got to see them live, albeit in a lackluster effort.

Glad they got a win for you Wednesday. I couldn't attend last nights game but I was there for the 12:00PM lickings we took against Villanova and Xavier the last two BET's and I didn't leave happy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NCJohnnie

Best of luck to our team in post season 1 week 4 days ago #330738

• Manhattan1
  • Thank you received: 172
Lack of bench is staff's fault.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redken, Mike Zaun

Best of luck to our team in post season 1 week 4 days ago #330739

• Manhattan1
  • Thank you received: 172
Need to start recruiting more High School players. That is how you build a culture and a program. By just bring in transfers there is way too much movement and you can't build.

I think Greg Williams will end up being a great 4 year player for us. If you can add 2 of them each year with a star recruit and sprinkle in maybe 1 transfer a year that is a better formula. But because you recruited well one year does not mean you can take a year off.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gonzalo, bamafan

Best of luck to our team in post season 1 week 4 days ago #330749

• P Simmons
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 60
Maybe we can get Sister Jean to transfer over here for the post season.

As ugly as the path has been, it's exciting to finally be in the Big Dance! Goes a long way to burnishing the reputation and has to be helpful for recruiting. Low seed can work in our favor, let's get a win!

• Page:
Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight

Follow redmen.com on Twitter