Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 19-20 Schedule

19-20 Schedule 5 months 1 week ago #330267

  • Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Posts: 23418
  • Thank you received: 13627
Per Rothstein;

Sources: Vermont, Rider, Columbia, and Central Connecticut will join Virginia, St. John's, Arizona State, and UMass at the Hall-of-Fame Tip Off at Mohegan Sun in November 2019.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank61, Tommy O 54

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19-20 Schedule 5 months 1 week ago #330272

  • SJU61982
  • SJU61982's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 3927
  • Thank you received: 815

Paultzman wrote: Per Rothstein;

Sources: Vermont, Rider, Columbia, and Central Connecticut will join Virginia, St. John's, Arizona State, and UMass at the Hall-of-Fame Tip Off at Mohegan Sun in November 2019.

Separate bracket. We'll probably play two of those teams at CA, then enter the main draw, with the three teams announced earlier, at the casino.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19-20 Schedule 5 months 1 week ago #330274

  • Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Posts: 23418
  • Thank you received: 13627

SJU61982 wrote:

Paultzman wrote: Per Rothstein;

Sources: Vermont, Rider, Columbia, and Central Connecticut will join Virginia, St. John's, Arizona State, and UMass at the Hall-of-Fame Tip Off at Mohegan Sun in November 2019.

Separate bracket. We'll probably play two of those teams at CA, then enter the main draw, with the three teams announced earlier, at the casino.

Yes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19-20 Schedule 5 months 1 week ago #330283

  • Andrew
  • Andrew's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 5291
  • Thank you received: 831
Vermont will be a tough game.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19-20 Schedule 5 months 1 week ago #330622

  • SLYFOXX1968
  • SLYFOXX1968's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 782
  • Thank you received: 433
We will likely have Figgy and Simon back next year . Plus , Wright, Mack, Steere, Callaher. Achuwuia would be a nice addition .Not sure who else comes on new . Trimble , Williams , Keita , Roberts , Earlington probably return too. Hopefully somebody incoming can shoot 3’s on a consistent basis . At this point , it’s doubtful to know how good these guys will play together and how they will compete in the BE .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by SLYFOXX1968. Reason: Spelling

19-20 Schedule 5 months 1 week ago #330623

  • RedStormRising2
  • RedStormRising2's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 574
  • Thank you received: 217

SLYFOXX1968 wrote: We will likely have Figgy and Simon back next year . Plus , Wright, Mack, Steere, Callaher. Achuwuia would be a nice addition .Not sure who else comes on new . Trimble , Williams , Keita , Roberts , Earlington probably return too. Hopefully somebody incoming can shoot 3’s on a consistent basis . At this point , it’s doubtful to know how good these guys will play together and how they will compete in the BE .


We are like (for us Jersey folks) American Dream/Xanadu in a consistent state of rebuild.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SJU85, FrankInGeneral

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19-20 Schedule 5 months 1 week ago #330628

  • MJDinkins
  • MJDinkins's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 8481
  • Thank you received: 1592

SLYFOXX1968 wrote: We will likely have Figgy and Simon back next year . Plus , Wright, Mack, Steere, Callaher. Achuwuia would be a nice addition .Not sure who else comes on new . Trimble , Williams , Keita , Roberts , Earlington probably return too. Hopefully somebody incoming can shoot 3’s on a consistent basis . At this point , it’s doubtful to know how good these guys will play together and how they will compete in the BE .


Achiuwa.... He'd be great to nab, but I seriously doubt it happens.
The following user(s) said Thank You: richard A Steinfeld

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19-20 Schedule 5 months 1 week ago #330677

  • austour
  • austour's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 5340
  • Thank you received: 798

MJDinkins wrote:

SLYFOXX1968 wrote: We will likely have Figgy and Simon back next year . Plus , Wright, Mack, Steere, Callaher. Achuwuia would be a nice addition .Not sure who else comes on new . Trimble , Williams , Keita , Roberts , Earlington probably return too. Hopefully somebody incoming can shoot 3’s on a consistent basis . At this point , it’s doubtful to know how good these guys will play together and how they will compete in the BE .


Achiuwa.... He'd be great to nab, but I seriously doubt it happens.


That's obviously not happening. Not even getting a visit apparently. Top remaining recruit for next year is Heron. If he leaves there will be one ride to give but it won't be someone as good as Heron. Without Heron next year's roster will be a step down in overall skill though hopefully the stronger frontcourt will address one of this team's worst flaws, rebounding. Hope they can stay middle of the pack.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19-20 Schedule 5 months 1 week ago #330697

  • Mike Zaun
  • Mike Zaun's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 1870
  • Thank you received: 1063
Precious not happening. Blue bloods will win again unfortunately. He was seduced.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19-20 Schedule 5 months 1 week ago #330703

  • FrankInGeneral
  • FrankInGeneral's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 22
  • Thank you received: 16

austour wrote: That's obviously not happening. Not even getting a visit apparently. Top remaining recruit for next year is Heron. If he leaves there will be one ride to give but it won't be someone as good as Heron. Without Heron next year's roster will be a step down in overall skill though hopefully the stronger frontcourt will address one of this team's worst flaws, rebounding. Hope they can stay middle of the pack.


I agree. I think next year this roster (and who knows where we'll be with defections), without Heron, would be a bit deeper, but certainly lack the top line talent we had this year with Heron-Ponds. Still think a realistic goal, assuming everyone but Ponds & Heron (and obviously Clark) returns is to make the tournament again. Could be 4th or 5th team next year in a much stronger Big East. We'd have less talent, but we'd have no real holes with Steere/Manuel/Roberts/a hopefully improved Keita up front, Simon/Mack/Williams/Trimble/Wright (haven't heard much about him) in the back court. LJ/Carraher out on the wing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight

Follow redmen.com on Twitter