Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: (BET @MSG-Game-2) Marquette, Thur. Mar. 14, 7pm, FS1 / 970AM

(BET @MSG-Game-2) Marquette, Thur. Mar. 14, 7pm, FS1 / 970AM 1 week 4 days ago #330645

• capmaker
  • Thank you received: 108
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tommy O 54

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

(BET @MSG-Game-2) Marquette, Thur. Mar. 14, 7pm, FS1 / 970AM 1 week 4 days ago #330651

• JohnnyFan
  • Thank you received: 1397
This wasn't our night. Marquette was loaded for bear.

I do think the kids played hard. They has many deflections and forced a lot of turnovers. That said, this team can be pretty lousy at finishing on the break. We failed to get points on several of those turnovers.

(BET @MSG-Game-2) Marquette, Thur. Mar. 14, 7pm, FS1 / 970AM 1 week 4 days ago #330653

• Ilzion
  • Thank you received: 3
Embarassing!

(BET @MSG-Game-2) Marquette, Thur. Mar. 14, 7pm, FS1 / 970AM 1 week 4 days ago #330656

• Ilzion
  • Thank you received: 3
we should have hired wojo.

(BET @MSG-Game-2) Marquette, Thur. Mar. 14, 7pm, FS1 / 970AM 1 week 4 days ago #330659

• RedStormNC
  • Thank you received: 839
3 for 20 from deep...

Simon & Earlington, & LJ

Never would have expected to be so flat offensively even with a short turnaround.

Clark, Ponds & LJ had very little.

So disappointed and just wondering what ultimately happens with staff.

(BET @MSG-Game-2) Marquette, Thur. Mar. 14, 7pm, FS1 / 970AM 1 week 4 days ago #330670

• JackofVirginia
  • Thank you received: 346
Unfortunately when we lose we lose big.
As they say, when you live with the three you die with the three.
After watching most of the Big East games this year I can't help but notice how the other teams have offensive movements while we. stand outside passing the ball back and forth. Truly Mullin has no clue with the x's and o's.
If I was scouting for this team Keita would not be on it. He even fumbles rebounds when no one is near him.
Too much switching tonight. Once again Clark on Howard and Keita outside leaving Heron to pick up fouls guarding Johns. Slow learner Mullin.
Watching this disaster I felt as tired as the team looked.

(BET @MSG-Game-2) Marquette, Thur. Mar. 14, 7pm, FS1 / 970AM 1 week 4 days ago #330672

• SJU61982
  • Thank you received: 698
We need to get off to a good start. That's a key in every game we play. The recent loss at Depaul, and the MSG Win over Nova, were abberations.

We are at our best when we are making shots early, because that allows us to set up everything else we do, and gives us a better chance at quickening the pace. Even when we have lulls in those games, we seem to keep our composure better. Maybe, because we have a lead, we don't panic.

Tonight, we were missing early, and then some of the guys (Clark and LJ, most notably) got very tentative. They were passing up good shots, seemingly out of fear of missing. That led to guys like Ponds and Heron having to overdue it, and that puts our entire team out of whack. And, the further we fall behind, the worse it gets.

(BET @MSG-Game-2) Marquette, Thur. Mar. 14, 7pm, FS1 / 970AM 1 week 4 days ago #330673

• SJU1512
  • Thank you received: 362

Jack Williams wrote: After a quick search. DePaul and St. John’s are the only teams in the conference to never appear in a BET semifinal since realignment.

That’s the company we keep

That’s the kind of stuff that can really drive you nuts. Avoiding Wednesday consistently, making it to Friday of the BET every now and again...that should be blocking and tackling. And we’ve made both the incredible exception. Embarrassing that’s is been as challenging as it’s been to clear such low bars.
The following user(s) said Thank You: IDRAFT

Last edit: by SJU1512.

(BET @MSG-Game-2) Marquette, Thur. Mar. 14, 7pm, FS1 / 970AM 1 week 4 days ago #330674

• Adam
  • Thank you received: 593
When you consider that nearly half the conference (4/10) plays on Friday, it makes our drought truly pathetic. It's our home court, too...

(BET @MSG-Game-2) Marquette, Thur. Mar. 14, 7pm, FS1 / 970AM 1 week 4 days ago #330694

• Monte
  • Thank you received: 984
Losing this game was one thing. I knew it would be nearly impossible to beat Marquette, a much better team than us, 3 times this year. But getting utterly destroyed is inexcusable. Yet again, I’m disappointed but not shocked. I’ve never, in all my years of watching basketball, seen at team with the kind of highs and lows that this team has. We have the ability to look like world beaters in one stretch of a game, and look horrific the next stretch. Really tough to watch because as soon as things start to head south, I always expect the wheels to come flying off, as they did last night. I hope we make the tourney, but not losing sleep it we don’t.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr, bamafan, Chicago Days

Last edit: by Monte.
Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight

Follow redmen.com on Twitter