Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Keita Status

Keita Status 3 months 1 week ago #329766

  • redmanwest
  • redmanwest's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 779
  • Thank you received: 355
It is easy to be cavalier about his availability given his sparse production, but I think it is important not to have his big(ger) body missing against a team that has eaten us alive in them post. He can only play better than he has to date. Plus we will need the depth given this team's penchant for fouling.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank61, Amaseinyourface

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Keita Status 3 months 1 week ago #329767

  • Beast of the East
  • Beast of the East's Avatar
  • Away
  • Posts: 10767
  • Thank you received: 2580

redmanwest wrote: It is easy to be cavalier about his availability given his sparse production, but I think it is important not to have his big(ger) body missing against a team that has eaten us alive in them post. He can only play better than he has to date. Plus we will need the depth given this team's penchant for fouling.


My stat line for him was tongue in cheek, but also looks like the stat lines that rather ordinary big men have gone off against us. He IS a big body and gives 5 important fouls to the rotation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmanwest, Frank61

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Keita Status 3 months 1 week ago #329769

  • rawdognyc
  • rawdognyc's Avatar
  • Away
  • Posts: 1397
  • Thank you received: 519
It's high time someone off the bench finally has a good game. We've only waited all year for it. Plenty of material right there for an Obekpa joke.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Keita Status 3 months 1 week ago #329787

  • Beast of the East
  • Beast of the East's Avatar
  • Away
  • Posts: 10767
  • Thank you received: 2580
Keita actually was a solid contributor in the SHU game, hitting a couple of mid range jumpers, all around solid game.

It would be a great boost if he is able to contribute tonight at that level.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Keita Status 3 months 1 week ago #329790

  • SJU61982
  • SJU61982's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 3856
  • Thank you received: 789

Beast of the East wrote: Keita actually was a solid contributor in the SHU game, hitting a couple of mid range jumpers, all around solid game.

It would be a great boost if he is able to contribute tonight at that level.


His initial defense in the post has actually been pretty good this year. The problem is, he has no hands, and does not get rebounds, so all the good work he does before that, usually goes for naught.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Keita Status 3 months 1 week ago #329791

  • Beast of the East
  • Beast of the East's Avatar
  • Away
  • Posts: 10767
  • Thank you received: 2580

SJU61982 wrote:

Beast of the East wrote: Keita actually was a solid contributor in the SHU game, hitting a couple of mid range jumpers, all around solid game.

It would be a great boost if he is able to contribute tonight at that level.


His initial defense in the post has actually been pretty good this year. The problem is, he has no hands, and does not get rebounds, so all the good work he does before that, usually goes for naught.


Here's a guy who I would not be shocked if he left, gets healthy, and puts up some decent numbers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Keita Status 3 months 1 week ago #329796

  • IDRAFT
  • IDRAFT's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 357
  • Thank you received: 428
If he leaves after he season doesn’t he lose a year of eligibility? Not saying he won’t, just verifying the rules.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Keita Status 3 months 1 week ago #329797

  • SeattleJohnny
  • SeattleJohnny's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 128
  • Thank you received: 120

rawdognyc wrote: It's high time someone off the bench finally has a good game. We've only waited all year for it. Plenty of material right there for an Obekpa joke.


Trimble was a big part of winning @Creighton. After Simon went out with the migraine, he stepped in and produced 11 / 4rebs in 33 minutes while also playing amazing defense.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SJU85, Frank61

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Keita Status 3 months 1 week ago #329798

  • Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Posts: 22918
  • Thank you received: 12847

IDRAFT wrote: If he leaves after he season doesn’t he lose a year of eligibility? Not saying he won’t, just verifying the rules.


Yes he would sit out again. Some guys are just not cut out for college and better served earning $$ somewhere in the world.
The following user(s) said Thank You: IDRAFT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Keita Status 3 months 1 week ago #329799

  • IDRAFT
  • IDRAFT's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 357
  • Thank you received: 428

Paultzman wrote:

IDRAFT wrote: If he leaves after he season doesn’t he lose a year of eligibility? Not saying he won’t, just verifying the rules.


Yes he would sit out again. Some guys are just not cut out for college and better served earning $$ somewhere in the world.


Thanks. Will reserve any further thoughts on this until after the season.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight

Follow redmen.com on Twitter